Independence Day 2? - Part 2

Nome of the new characters really were, other than Hemsworth as Jake. But even then, the writing was so poor he could have died at any time in the movie and I couldn't have cared less.

Hemsworth was your stereotypical maverick pilot that didn't play by the rules. I don't think Hemsworth had the charisma to pull it off though.
Hemsworth should've been eliminated and merge his arc with Will Smith's son, Dylan. Dylan didn't have any arc nor did he get with the girl. That's why he was so boring: he had nothing to do.

It feels like a step back doesn it from ID4? That movie wasn't afraid to have Smith as the lead and didn't require a blond dude to be the placeholder.

I agree.

Roland Emmerich merged his previous movies Moon 44 and the first Independence Day with Robotech.

This film also reminded me of Pacific Rim

I thought Pacific Rim was much better than this personally.

Funnily enough I am just about to sit down to watch the original. It's a damn shame the sequel dropped the ball so much.

I'd agree with that. And I hated Pacific Rim; I felt it was poorly made and I didn't give a crap about any of the characters. I'd still watch it again before I'd watch this movie though.

Hemsworth was your stereotypical maverick pilot that didn't play by the rules. I don't think Hemsworth had the charisma to pull it off though.

I agree.

Roland Emmerich merged his previous movies Moon 44 and the first Independence Day with Robotech.

This film also reminded me of Pacific Rim

Dont mention this crap with Pacific Rim. PC was masterpiece and likely be future classic comparing with this. I watched Pacific Rim in cinema and I must say I never seen anything similar earlier or later in theater. Score, fights, actions scenes were all great. Sure story was overall bit lacking. When I did go in theater I knew what i was getting. But movie had more ups than downs. And we still waiting for anything similar on big-screen again.

Movie delivered from what it was, cgi, blockbuster pop-corn flick. This on other hand isnt worth even downloading. This was worst movie of the summer, maybe even whole year. I feel like Pacific Rim will be our generation Blade Runner. It will need pass years or maybe even decades to appriciate art despise some flaws which arent certainly bad enough comparing it with quality of scripts and "blockbusters" of this year.

Last edited:
Well now that it's been a couple of weeks since I have seen it. this movie is really forgettable. Damn shame. I still won't call it garbage or anything. Gotta have respect. But it could have been better.

I thought Pacific Rim was much better than this personally.

Funnily enough I am just about to sit down to watch the original. It's a damn shame the sequel dropped the ball so much.

Without a doubt. Well, to be fair, I love Pacific Rim it was blast from start to finish.

Giant robot fighting giant monsters. Childhood Fantasy satisfied.

I'd agree with that. And I hated Pacific Rim; I felt it was poorly made and I didn't give a crap about any of the characters. I'd still watch it again before I'd watch this movie though.

I really liked the characters played by Charlie Day, Idris Elba and the Japanese actress especially. She was sweet and cute as hell. I also liked the other doctor who was in TDKR.

Last edited:
Watching Suicide Squad just reminded me how stupid it was to make this without him again. The guy truly is a movie star and was such a huge part of the original ID4's charm.

Well now that it's been a couple of weeks since I have seen it. this movie is really forgettable. Damn shame. I still won't call it garbage or anything. Gotta have respect. But it could have been better.

Without a doubt. Well, to be fair, I love Pacific Rim it was blast from start to finish.

Giant robot fighting giant monsters. Childhood Fantasy satisfied.

I really liked the characters played by Charlie Day, Idris Elba and the Japanese actress especially. She was sweet and cute as hell. I also liked the other doctor who was in TDKR.

I loved Pacific Rim as well a much better movie than ID:R with much better drama, action and characters.

I actually like Emmerich a fair bit, but I can't help thinking now someone else should have directed the sequel.

Watching Suicide Squad just reminded me how stupid it was to make this without him again. The guy truly is a movie star and was such a huge part of the original ID4's charm.

Having just watched the first movie again, I agree, they should have got Smith back or not done it at all. The characters in the sequel paled in comparison.

Up until today, I didn't think anything was going to top Ninja Turtles 2 as the worst movie I've seen in 2016. I stand corrected. The script was horrible and the acting wasn't much better. Goldblum looked bored out of his mind. Will Smith really dodged a bullet by choosing Suicide Squad over this. Though that one didn't have a warm reception either, at least that was more enjoyable. I don't even think he could have saved this one.

This could very well be Roland Emmerich's worst movie, and that is really saying something.

I maintain the original ID4 is a popcorn movie masterpiece. And it still upsets me when people trash it. This sequel never should've happened.

i agree thevileone about the first movie.

Saw the Gag reel on youtube last night.... enjoyed it more than the movie.

Up until today, I didn't think anything was going to top Ninja Turtles 2 as the worst movie I've seen in 2016. I stand corrected. The script was horrible and the acting wasn't much better. Goldblum looked bored out of his mind. Will Smith really dodged a bullet by choosing Suicide Squad over this. Though that one didn't have a warm reception either, at least that was more enjoyable. I don't even think he could have saved this one.

This could very well be Roland Emmerich's worst movie, and that is really saying something.

I was shocked at how sloppy the movie was.

Wow, I just saw this and I still can't believe what I watched. This movie just took a left turn on what I liked about the first movie,lol

Certainly when I was a kid I dreamed about getting a sequel, but it wasn't like this. I think this movie is a good example of why some films shouldn't get sequels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"