Indiana Jones V - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely LOVED River Phoenix as young Indy and had he been cast as the young Indy in the TV series I would have watched it.

The three tests in Crusade is probably my favorite bit in the entire Indiana Jones movies (well, maybe apart from Indy's escape from the snakes in Raiders) LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT!

According to that article, Indy 5 is still in the research phase. So let's say it takes another year to write and then another year to start production. By this time, Harrison Ford is closing in on his mid 70's, much older than Sean Connery was when he played his father. I have absolutely zero interest in seeing one of my beloved childhood heroes reduced by the frailities of old age and the *****y wise-cracks of Shia's character again. Seriously, if they absolutely have to mess with the Indy franchise and do more films at least make it an animated film taking place in his prime. This just.... ugh. I can't believe people want this to happen. It'll be like Crystal Skull plus six years.

According to that article, Indy 5 is still in the research phase. So let's say it takes another year to write and then another year to start production. By this time, Harrison Ford is closing in on his mid 70's, much older than Sean Connery was when he played his father. I have absolutely zero interest in seeing one of my beloved childhood heroes reduced by the frailities of old age and the *****y wise-cracks of Shia's character again. Seriously, if they absolutely have to mess with the Indy franchise and do more films at least make it an animated film taking place in his prime. This just.... ugh. I can't believe people want this to happen. It'll be like Crystal Skull plus six years.

Recasting Indy is a very dicey proposition. The guy is so iconic it could be toxic but that said they recast Sean Connery as Bond and that didn't turn out so bad.

Recasting Indy is a very dicey proposition. The guy is so iconic it could be toxic but that said they recast Sean Connery as Bond and that didn't turn out so bad.

Where did I say he should be recast? I think the franchise should be left alone (hell, I don't think KOTCS should ever have been made). Obviously people are too greedy to let such a money-cow end on a high note. So if it has to continue I think it should be in the form of animated movies with Ford doing the voice.

Where did I say he should be recast? I think the franchise should be left alone (hell, I don't think KOTCS should ever have been made). Obviously people are too greedy to let such a money-cow end on a high note. So if it has to continue I think it should be in the form of animated movies with Ford doing the voice.

I love Ford but I also love;
* Battles against the Nazis
* Finding historical treasures
* The early 40's as a time period
* The hat and bullwhip

so we are going to give all of that up because Ford is too old. Imagine if the Bond film makers had thought the same way when Connery was getting long in the tooth.

Why do people have such trouble letting a good franchise stay good instead of its legacy getting tainted by increasingly bad sequels?

Last edited:
Because the idea that a bad sequel makes the previous films less good is silly?

Another Indiana Jones is a terrible idea. Ford is getting way too old.

I know they kind of lampshaded Shia taking over for future adventures at the end of the last one, but don't be shocked if they decide on that.

Did anybody bother to see that the article is from 2009?

Just cause it isn't 40s doesht mean the whole draw/appeal of indy is gone we are now in the 60s and that is a god time frame. And counting on setting/object there is many areas/events we can do. Also jjj that link above is from yrs ago.

I think Ford didn't look too bad in Crystal Skull. The character still works, with age and all.

I know a lot of people that never watched any previous Indiana Jones film but liked Crystal Skull, in a worl with Uncharted and Tomb Raider, and no decent film of any of those yet Indiana Jones can still make a lot of success

Just cause it isn't 40s doesht mean the whole draw/appeal of indy is gone we are now in the 60s and that is a god time frame. And counting on setting/object there is many areas/events we can do. Also jjj that link above is from yrs ago.

Blame flash. He's the one who posted it. When someone posts a link and says "hey look guys!" like he's breathlessly reporting breaking news, I naturally assume it's a new article. I didn't look for the date. I have no idea why he would post a 3 year old article.

I believe that was due to the thread starting over when that happens usually takes first few posts from original thread and place it in.

I think Ford didn't look too bad in Crystal Skull. The character still works, with age and all.

He looked good for his age in Crystal Skull, but that was 2008, four years ago. He'd be in his 70s by the time they got around to a fifth movie.

And he look fine in cowboys and aliens. So really in this age makeup and sfx can help out. But like in skull his advance age could be a factor in the movie.

Ford was fine as Indy in Crystal. It was the writing for him that lacked.

I hated that they reference Ford's age in Indy 4. Yes, he's old, we get it, move on.

As for recasting Indy, I think the concept of Indy facing Nazis is more compelling to me than see Ford again.

Iconic characters that I could handle being recast but would obviously lose a lot because the actor has made them so iconic.

Blade - And I love Wesley.
Wolverine - Preferably by someone a bit shorter this time.

Bond has been repeatedly recast and so Batman. Indy needs to be set in the early 40's, it loses too much when it isn't.

Can you imagine how angry fans would be?

Though I do see the age as a problem. A lot of Indie's appeal was what he symbolized (the womanizing, badass adventurer).

It's like a film with an elderly James Bond.

Thats not to say they couldn't make that work, but it's very different from the films that made the character famous.

I hated that they reference Ford's age in Indy 4. Yes, he's old, we get it, move on.

As for recasting Indy, I think the concept of Indy facing Nazis is more compelling to me than see Ford again.

Iconic characters that I could handle being recast but would obviously lose a lot because the actor has made them so iconic.

Blade - And I love Wesley.
Wolverine - Preferably by someone a bit shorter this time.

Bond has been repeatedly recast and so Batman. Indy needs to be set in the early 40's, it loses too much when it isn't.

Lol not to split hairs, but there's never been an Indy movie set in the early 40s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"