• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Inevitable Bin Laden Films

Yurka

Let The Games Begin!
Reaction score
Multiple projects are already in production,

- "KILL BIN LADEN" from Oscar-winners Kathryn Bigelow and Mark Boal of THE HURT LOCKER.

- "JAWBREAKER", based on Gary Berntsen's book, about the military mission in Tora Bora, Afghanistan during December 2001

The way this operation was executed is something to be admired, we were able to get in, kill and extract Bin Laden with no civilian casualties, and no injured SEALS.

A film like this will get made, so please keep the "American Imperialist" judgements to a minimum. Discuss!

I heard Cliff Curtis (Mr. Racially Ambiguous) and Irrfan Khan thrown around for OSama

Haha, ironically Curtis is a better fit I think, he will have played 2 of the most murderous criminals in history if he is cast. Osama and Pablo Escobar.

As long as Michael Bay is directing.

I knew there were coming as soon as this happened.

Jason Statam as one of the Seals. With Bruce willis in command.

No, I don't want that. I don't want this to be a sudden trend in plots to everything for a profit. This is just a sudden surge of patriotism that won't last when the stuff eventually comes out. America's feeling mighty like it does when something like this occurs. It isn't continuously everlasting. It doesn't need to be done to make a profit. It's not worth it in the end.

Last edited:
No, I don't want that. I don't want this to be a sudden trend in plots to everything for a profit. This is just a sudden surge of patriotism that won't last when the stuff eventually comes out. America's feeling mighty like it does when something like this occurs. It isn't continuously everlasting. It doesn't need to be done to make a profit. It's not worth it in the end.

You say "America's feeling mighty like it does when something like this occurs" like these situations are common, he was the Most Wanted Man in the world or 10 years who was responsible for the largest attack on America in its nations history. The nation feels "mighty" because its a very big deal for nearly all of us. Sorry to get "political", again I'd like this thread to be about the films more so than opinions on America and Bin Laden.

I dont see this as exploitation any more so than any other film about American history. There are movies about American tragedies, and there are movies about American accomplishments. This will be an accomplishment film. I believe a film like this has great potential. I immediately get a Body of Lies/Hurt Locker vibe from this.

These situations are never common. It's a case of a significant event for our country. Which of course is never often. Of course it's a big deal for us. I acknowledge that. But the fact that movie studios and everyone would suddenly leap on this and watch it just for that is disturbing to me. Movie studios see dollar signs. Sure they make films in the past in our history. But the very day it's happened, there already is a movie being made. This sudden surge of patriotism was just like 9/11 or anytime we were affected by it. The feeling like this doesn't last like how it's now for very long. By the time all this stuff is released we won't be feeling this feverish pitch of pride that we are feeling at this moment. Now it's just the first day of all of this. I don't know how it will be tomorrow or next week. But eventually, it will die down. Making money off of this moment feels very wrong to me.

I hope I don't wake up tomorrow to find all these sorts of Bin Laden stuff for video games and movies being made. That would disturb me.

That's what I'm getting at. I just don't want to see all these things start happening to make a profit.

Last edited:
I want Kiefer! That's all.

These situations are never common. It's a case of a significant event for our country. Which of course is never often. Of course it's a big deal for us. I acknowledge that. But the fact that movie studios and everyone would suddenly leap on this and watch it just for that is disturbing to me. Movie studios see dollar signs. Sure they make films in the past in our history. But the very day it's happened, there already is a movie being made. This sudden surge of patriotism was just like 9/11 or anytime we were affected by it. The feeling like this doesn't last like how it's now for very long. By the time all this stuff is released we won't be feeling this feverish pitch of pride that we are feeling at this moment. Now it's just the first day of all of this. I don't know how it will be tomorrow or next week. But eventually, it will die down. Making money off of this moment feels very wrong to me.

I hope I don't wake up tomorrow to find all these sorts of Bin Laden stuff for video games and movies being made. That would disturb me.

That's what I'm getting at. I just don't want to see all these things start happening to make a profit.

Bin Laden DLC? You just gave them the idea.

I believe both projects I mentioned were already in the works before Bin Laden's death, and now are being re-worked to include his death. The sad truth is that not just studios, but many businesses only see dollar signs.

Nearly every major event in American history has been translated to the screen, I guess after the 9/11 films I've stopped being perturbed by them. The trick is to try to make them as tasteful and honorable as possible and that starts with those involved. If good people aren't involved the sense of exploitation tends to become very apparent.

In this case I believe there could be a really compelling story here, involving these SEALs, along with Katheryn Bigelow involved I think it could be great.

Do the repercussions disturb you? or that its happening at all?

Nothing will ever beat the Afghanistan episode of South Park.

"I got him! I got him!"

Bruce Willis and The Rock as SEAL commandos or bust.

The Short End to America's Longest War
Bin Found
Trash Bin Laden
Bin to Hell and Back
Bin Eaten by Sharks
A Laden Time

Co-Sign on Bruce Willis for Seal team leader:o....

This is just the start. I'm sure they'll be more movies to come. Probably another crappy 'Behind Enemy Lines' sequel:o...

Bin Laden DLC? You just gave them the idea.

For Socom 4? You could bet your ass its coming!...

Last edited:
to bad that they will make things up to make it a look like a hollywood popcorn movie. drama,crying and a twist.

Also signed on Bruce Willis because of his monologue in Planet Terror.

The Rock needs to be the one that shot him in the head because there's a real movement on the net for him being in the film.

Agreed on not making it populist. But I hope America is still feeling mighty when Expendables 2 starts filmming because I want it as it's most cheesiest jingoistic as it can possibly be.

Bigelow is cool, so I'd most def be excited to see her do another military film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"