Infinite Christmas or Infinite Holiday?

Fledermaus

Superhero
Reaction score
DC's website has it listed as DCU Infinite Christmas Special. Well my copy said Infinite Holiday Special. WTF? Is this an example of DC being PC? Like Wal-Mart greeters saying 'Happy Holidays' instead of 'Merry Christmas'? Would anybody have been offended by the Infinite Christmas Special?

DCU Infinite Christmas Special

DCU Infinite Holiday Special

im looking forward to that- i don't mind holiday special even though i'm christian. to me its an american thing- 'happy holidays' is never said in the UK

00117.jpg
00334.jpg

shazam.jpg

christmas.jpg
sm165.jpg
supermansanta.jpg

I remember when they did Christmas stories every year.

ohh danm.. is the war on Christmas still on?
has bill gone ape****t over this too?

I loved the last story in the book, actually made me laugh (Infinite Christmas).

Sure it shouldve been named Ifinite Christmas but its not. Not that big of a deal.

I loved it, espically Supergirl and Batwomans stories.

People are too up tight. If it was the DC Channakuh special, I still would have bought it.

King_Mungi said:
I loved the last story in the book, actually made me laugh (Infinite Christmas).
Same here. That last story was hilarious. Really the best bit of the book, which was average otherwise.

Harlekin said:
Same here. That last story was hilarious. Really the best bit of the book, which was average otherwise.

*wink*.....*punch*..haha classic.

Your right though the rest of the stories were meh! At least they were better than the Marvel Christmas special.

It was just so deliciously off-beat. The last page of the story is the best though, that and "Pathetic."

Harlekin said:
It was just so deliciously off-beat. The last page of the story is the best though, that and "Pathetic."

When he said "for god's sake, man" was expecting All-Star Batman to appear

Batwoman is abit...errr...vicious

Also was a little disapointed that Shazam (Captain Marvel) was on the cover but not in the book.

The Batwoman tale was a nice touch, but it just didn't feel right. Trials of Shazam story was just plain lame.

I thought all of them were pretty lame except for the Shadowpact story and the last story. The Flash story was just on the verge of being good, then they had to go and throw in "Max, Wally, and Conner. Yeah, that's how to cheer yourself up. Think of all your dead friends." ****. You. DC. :cmad:

TheCorpulent1 said:
I thought all of them were pretty lame except for the Shadowpact story and the last story. The Flash story was just on the verge of being good, then they had to go and throw in "Max, Wally, and Conner. Yeah, that's how to cheer yourself up. Think of all your dead friends." ****. You. DC. :cmad:
I still assume that Wally is still alive though. Stuck in the Speed Force, but alive.

Look, wing-nuts. There is no War on Christmas. Next time an armored SpecOps dude with a rifle comes crashing through your window and guns down the Christmas tree, you let me know, and I'll be persuaded. In the meantime, I'd like to remind you that there are still Jews who get rocks thrown through their windows and swastikas spraypainted on their houses because they light menorahs for Chanukah. War on Christmas? Not ****ing likely.

Has it crossed your narrow mind, Fledermaus, that perhaps the name was changed to accomodate the fact that there was a damn Chanukah story in the book (Batwoman)? Not to mention, a story dealing with the larger tradition of spiritual celebrations at midwinter (Shazam). See, Christmas is just the most recent in a long history of celebrations involving pretty much every spiritual tradition in the west. War on Christmas, ****, try a War, waged by Christians for 1500 years, on anybody who didn't worship their God, a War that was often waged using slimeball tactics like co-opting holidays.

Give up with the "War on Christmas" nonsense, wing-nuts. It's unbefitting of thinking people.

Great Superman issue, though. It's personal stories like that one that really offer the greatest opportunities for enjoyment with the Man of Steel.

Dude, take a chill pill. Fledermaus said nothing about a war on Christmas. That was Kebab gud. Fledermaus asked a simple question. Get your people straight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"