Infinite Christmas or Infinite Holiday?

Here's The 2006 DC comics Christmas card
DC_Holiday_Card_2006_800x600.jpg

I love the look on Bats face
This goes in my personal continuity now. This is the most fun anyone in the DCU has had in years. It's just so happy and fun and familial.

Well, see, it's set about two years in the future, when DC has the good sense to bring Aquaman back and get him to shave off that weird squid-beard, make J'onn the way he's supposed to be, and have Wally replace a hopefully dead Bart.
So let's see...one year after I made that post, J'onn is much closer to the way he's supposed to be (still got the wrong costume though) and Bart is dead and replaced by Wally. One year to go, and about half of my prediction to come true yet.

Dude, screw Lying In The Gutters. Presenting Aristotle's Prognosticating Based on Christmas Cards in the Gutters.

I actually prefer J'onn's new costume after getting used to it. His old one was pretty crappy.

Meh, it still doesn't look right. Besides, he needs to look different for my prediction to come true.

Ah, screw it, he shapeshifted into the old duds for the annual JLA Snowball Fight. So now we just need Aquaman back, and my prediction for two years in the future (now one year in the future) will be true by next Christmas!

Having Aquaman back would be nice. Aquanewb looks to be a permanent replacement, though. :o

Having Aquaman back would be nice. Aquanewb looks to be a permanent replacement, though. :o
No more permanent than Bart Allen, my friend. Just give it a little time.

Hell, even Meltzer, who is in a temporary state of not knowing what the **** is up (Black Lightning and Vixen in the League? Really, *******?), acknowledged that Orin is the real Aquaman, albeit a sideways sort of acknowledgement, in that last issue he did for JLA.

Yeah, but he also pissed all over Mark Waid's awesome JLA: Year One with his "revised" origin of the JLA, which Waid then retconned major elements back to their Year One portrayals for, so maybe Meltzer just didn't know what the **** was going on then, too. I bet the issue got published and someone was like "Hey, why's the new Aquaman talking like the old Aquaman? Or why's the old Aquaman wearing the new Aquaman's clothes and acting surprisingly spry for a dead guy, if it's the old one?" To which Meltzer must've undoubtedly replied, "Huh? Aquaman died? And there's more than one? Leave me alone, I gotta get back to my real job!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"