Infinite Crisis (DC multiplayer online battle arena Game)

sorry I haven't mastered the video transfer of twitch t9o VLC yet. But Here's a live stream from joystiq happening now

Joystiq Streams: Infiltrating Infinite Crisis with Turbine, Inc. [We're live!]

((X) ago)
video in here
http://www.twitch.tv/joystiq

Up to now, options have been limited for those that want nothing more than to control lanes while also making Superman punch people in the face. WithInfinite Crisis, Turbine Inc. and Warner Bros. Interactive have finally created an ideal way to satiate those particularly hungry fans of MOBAs and DC Comics.Infinite Crisis won't officially open for business until later this year, but Turbine has opened the doors on a beta version of the game this month and it's joining Joystiq Streams to show it off.
Ryan Bendar, lead game designer on Infinite Crisis, will square off against Joystiq's Sam Prell in the beta on Joystiq Streams today at 4PM EST on theJoystiq Twitch channel. Our champions will be testing the balance of heroes like Aquaman against villains like Harley Quinn in maps based on famous DC locales like Gotham and Coast City. Anthony John Agnello will be feeding your questions to the players alongside Adam Mersky, Turbine's Executive Director of Digital Communications.

Again, you can catch all the Infinite Crisis beta action on the Joystiq Twitch channel at 4PM EST, the very same time Joystiq Streams broadcasts every Tuesday and Thursday.

source:Joystiq

Last edited:
Nightmare Supes coming to Infinite Crisis on April 9

(53 minutes ago)
Super-hero, Trailers, Video, Classes, Game Mechanics, MMO Industry, New Titles, PvP, News Items, Free-to-Play, MOBA, Infinite Crisis

[YT]uJyOhKbtgdw[/YT]

Nightmare Superman is coming to Infinite Crisis on April 9th! Turbine's latest press release explains how the Man of Steel defeated a Phantom Zone beastie named Aethyr "but was infested with unearthly Phantom Zone energy in the process."

Nightmare Supes is a Controller who harnesses Phantom Zone energy to hinder enemies and help allies. You probably want to see him in action, though, right? Fortunately for you we've embedded his new trailer just past the cut.

[Source: Turbine press release]Continue Reading

Infinite Crisis (IC)

Infinite Crisis Column: The Superheroic MOBA

I’m always up for a good MOBA, but I wouldn’t necessarily say I’m someone looking for something to break the mold. As a League of Legends fan, I don’t mind the derivative games out there, as long as they’re interesting in their own right and put their own wrinkle on things. Games like SMITE change things up from the League formula by offering a unique third person perspective, but you don’t necessarily have to change things that much to create a satisfying experience, and that’s where Turbine’s Infinite Crisis comes in for me.
I’ve spent a little time with Infinite Crisis over the past few weeks and I have to say I’m enjoying the game. The thing is, it’s incredibly familiar; practically League of Legends clone familiar. But is that really that bad? I don’t think so. For me, it’s simple: Infinite Crisis is basically League of Legends with DC Comics characters. Honestly, as a fan of a number of DC Comics characters, that’s kind of enough for me.

That’s not to say that Turbine did nothing to spice things up with Infinite Crisis. For one, the game’s version of your standard MOBA game types feature many small differences. Something as simple as Infinite Crisis’ version of Summoner’s Rift being completely horizontal seems like a small difference, but it changes the entire feel of the map. You can also buy items at towers, which was a nifty change I noticed. One of the larger and more appreciable differences is in how Infinite Crisis allows players to interact with the game world. If you’ve got the right Stolen Power (Summoner Spell) slotted, you can pick up objects in the map and throw them at other players. It’s pretty hilarious to see a guy walking towards you with a police car over his head in a MOBA. Speaking of Stolen Powers, each champion has its own version of one of the base powers and these can be unlocked for use on any character by ranking up the champion to level 5 or purchasing them with the game’s equivalent of IP.
Probably the most curious thing Turbine did was design the game’s primary mode as a copy of League of Legends’ Dominion. Dominion has a dedicated, but fairly small, community in League of Legends. It was hardly the success Riot Games hoped it would be, so it’s a bit odd to see a Dominion-style map front and center in a new MOBA. The funny thing is, I much prefer playing Infinite Crisis’ version of Dominion than the actual thing.
One of the key differences in the map is the game’s central point. In Dominion, there are powerful buffs available in the center of the map, but in Infinite Crisis’ version, you’ll find an Orbital Cannon platform that can be captured every couple of minutes. Capturing this platform fires the cannon at a number of areas of the map, sends out powerful robots to each contested or neutral capture point, and even acts as a sixth point for score purposes for a minute after its capture. You can be playing the most passive match ever, but every couple of minutes everyone will rush to the center for a massive fight over the Orbital Cannon and it can get really crazy. Depending on how things go, this can completely turn the course of the match. Another neat bit about the cannon is the fact it can only be fired a few times per match before it explodes in a massive shockwave of energy that shoots across the entire map. The explosion renders the center of the map impassable, which has implications on the sort of map movements you’re able to make, changing things up yet again.

[YT]E8haj2oLTKA[/YT]

The items and characters should feel familiar to anyone who has played League of Legends or SMITE. I mention SMITE here because the item system uses upgrade tiers in place of recipes. The characters fall into your typical MOBA archetypes, ranging from tanks and assassins to support. However, Infinite Crisis’ support characters often seem to encourage building them towards offense. Harley Quinn, for example, is a support character that builds like an AD carry would in League. The support aspects of Harley come through in the significant amount of utility available in her kit.
Infinite Crisis is in open beta at this point and it’s certainly nowhere near as polished of an experience as League of Legends is now, but things feel pretty good overall. The game is responsive and many of the characters are a whole lot of fun to play. I also love the interaction between the characters. Playing Harley with my buddy’s Joker often results in some amusing banter between the two as we cruise around the map causing chaos wherever we go.
My two major complaints with Infinite Crisis at this point lie with the game’s pricing and roster. The rate of Merit Point gain (the game’s version of League’s Influence Points) seems a bit stingy and that coupled with the steep Merit Point cost for many characters makes purchasing new champions to play feel a bit unrealistic for someone unwilling to drop cash on the game.
As for the roster, I don't really understand Turbine’s obsession with the inclusion of Elseworld characters in Infinite Crisis. There are three versions of Batman in the game (Prime, Nightmare, and Gaslight) while fan favorites like Deathstroke, Bane, Martian Manhunter, Lobo, etc., are nowhere to be found.
I don’t necessarily have a problem with the addition of these Elseworld characters, but I feel like the DC Comics bench is deep enough that the addition of these characters doesn’t need to come at the expense of pushing out many Prime characters that are currently unavailable to a later date. Turbine just recently added Nightmare Superman (with Prime and Mecha Superman already in the game). I won’t mince words: I really don’t care about these characters and every single person I’ve introduced to the game has been equally perplexed by the game's lineup. I’m sure there are fans out there who want to see these alternative versions of their favorite heroes and villains in the game, but I doubt they would want to see them before the prime versions of the characters are added.
From: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1054/feature/8373/The-Superheroic-MOBA.html/page/1

source:mmorpg.com

Last edited:
PAX East 2014: Hands-on with Infinite Crisis

(6 hours ago)
Super-hero, Opinion, Free-to-Play, Hands-On, Events (Massively's Coverage), MOBA, Infinite Crisis

I don't know what Superman's problem is, man. I was expecting my confrontation with Doomsday to be something epic, something horrifying, but instead it turned into a pretty standard affair. Grab him with my enormous telescoping force arm, yank him over, slow him, then put up a shield while I beat the stuffing out of him. Seriously, I can only assume that Last Son of Krypton's death was largely a result of his desire for a vacation.

Of course, soon thereafter I fell victim to the eternal nemesis of Green Lantern -- enormous red-hued turrets surrounded by support drones. But I did all right.

http://massively.joystiq.com/category/MOBA/http://massively.joystiq.com/category/MOBA/http://massively.joystiq.com/category/MOBA/http://massively.joystiq.com/category/MOBA/http://massively.joystiq.com/category/MOBA/http://massively.joystiq.com/category/MOBA/http://massively.joystiq.com/category/MOBA/http://massively.joystiq.com/category/MOBA/http://massively.joystiq.com/category/MOBA/http://massively.joystiq.com/category/MOBA/MOBAs are not really my cup of tea, but superheroes are in a big way. I hadn't gotten a chance to play Infinite Crisis before now, but on the show floor at PAX East this year, I was given the chance to sit down and get a coaching session from one of the more experienced members of the team while I smashed heads. So I picked up Atomic Green Lantern and walked in fully expecting to fail left and right. To my pleasant surprise, the whole thing played out much better than I had expected, making excellent use of the license and providing a fun match all around. Continue Reading

source: Massively

Infinite Crisis : Blue Beetle Set to Crawl Into Game on April 30th

Apr 15, 2014

Infinite Crisis players will have a new hero to check out on April 30th when Blue Beetle crawls into the game. To celebrate the Blue Beetle announcement, Turbine has released a new video to show him off. Check it out and let us know if you'll be playing as

Blue Beetle.

[Yt]9aD8gaEYWFw[/YT]

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#hfM2m47Pw04e9w4R.99

Infinite Crisis : Ryan Bednar on All Things Infinite Crisis

Posted Apr 18, 2014

Turbine was out in force at this year’s PAX East. The team was showing off its latest project, Infinite Crisis, a new F2P MOBA based on the DC Comics multiverse. We had a chance to sit down with lead designer Ryan Bednar at the show and pick his brain on all things Infinite Crisis.
Read more of Michael Bitton's Infinite Crisis: Ryan Bednar on All Things Infinite Crisis.

[YT]E8haj2oLTKA[/YT]

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#5JWxYmFhEZ7pZSk4.99

Infinite Crisis (IC)

MOBA | Genre:Super-Hero | Status:Final (rel 2013) | Pub:Warner Brothers Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req:
pc_icon.png
| ESRB:T| Out of date info? Let us know!

OverviewFeaturesForumsLinksNewsRatingsReviewsScreenshots
Infinite Crisis News - Atrocitus Profiled

on May 28, 2014 | 0 comments in our forums

The latest Infinite Crisis hero is Atrocitus, the latest to be profiled the Turbine and the DC Universe teams. To check out what Atrocitus is all about, watch the video and let us know what you think!

[YT]TpTKCQ-CJjc[/YT]

Find out more on the Infinite Crisis site.

Last edited:

Infinite Crisis : Supergirl to Join Up on July 2nd

Posted Jun 18, 2014

The Infinite Crisis hero pool will be expanding on July 2nd with the arrival of Supergirl. Cousin to Superman, Kara Zor-El is always ready for a fight who goes in swinging up close and personal. Check out her sneak peek video and let us know what you think.
When she crash-landed on Earth, Kara awoke to her powers immediately manifesting. While wrestling with these powers, she was astonished to meet her cousin, now a grown man. The worst shock, though, came last when Kal-El told her they were the only survivors of Krypton.

Overwhelmed by despair, feeling anger toward the alien world where she felt trapped, Kara discovered a resilience she didn’t know she possessed. She now deals with her grief while discovering a love of her new home world, Earth
[YT]xdbLSPhPdGQ[/YT]
Find our more on the Infinite Crisis site.
Permalink | 2 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#GrXDGJ3PvMFB0oZq.99

Last edited:

Infinite Crisis : New Player Experience & Balance to Be Addressed

Posted Jul 09, 2014

The latest Infinite Crisis Letter from the Creative Director letter has been published on the game's forum. In it, Cardell "Annuvin" Kerr lays out the team's plans for the upcoming months. After warm thanks to the community for their input during IC's beta, Kerr discusses what the future holds for the new player experience and how the team is actively working to address game balance.
This is what the schedule change means for our live game, and what you can expect as a result:

• We will be holding back new Champions until the September Update – We’re still building Champions behind the scenes, and will resume their normal release schedule starting in September.
  • Balance patches will be released as we iterate on design improvements – You can expect these updates about once a month. We will continue to focus on the iterative cycle that is the foundation of good balance. Technical patches will be released with balance updates to make the game more stable and less prone to crashes. Crashes lead to more AFK’s, and that quite frankly, sucks – so we’ll continue to push out fixes.
  • Credit- err, Bug Stomping – We will continue to fix bugs that you file, and that we find on our own.
  • Expect an even larger presence on the Forums – We’re working on a lot of stuff, and much of it is based on what we’ve seen you all doing and saying. As a result, you can expect even more posts from developers asking and answering questions!
  • [YT]6neuTsbRhVs[/YT]
Read more of the details on the Infinite Crisis forum.

Permalink | 0 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#Otw8ZwiJFoom4JP3.99

source: MMORPG.com

Infinite Crisis : Atomic Joker and Nightmare Robin Join Up

Posted Sep 24, 2014

The latest Infinite Crisis update brings both Atomic Joker and Nightmare Robin into the fray as well as provides new players with an expansive tutorial series that will net six heroes by its end. Players can also expect overhauled maps and several key performance upgrades.
If you're new to Infinite Crisis, get ready to receive a helping hand from Earth Prime's most powerful Champions. Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and more are ready to give you advice on how to compete in the Lost Sectors. Plus, follow along with the story of Gaslight Batman as he goes to great lengths to keep Gaslight Gotham safe during the beginnings of the Crisis.
As you complete the six missions of the New User Experience, you'll permanently unlock Gaslight Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Doomsday, Harley Quinn, and Batman. If you're a returning Protector, we encourage you to try out the new missions, watch the brand new motion comic vignettes, learn more about the story behind the Crisis, and unlock a few champions for your own collection!

[YT]EZlCh4ZinxQ[/YT]

Read the full update notes on theInfinite Crisis site.

Permalink | 0 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#kESRDguR1Qzc34Jj.99

Infinite Crisis reveals Stargirl, complete with pink stars

(9 hours ago)
Super-hero, Screenshots, Trailers, Video, Classes, Game Mechanics, Lore, Previews, PvP, News Items, Free-to-Play, MOBA, Infinite Crisis

[YT]YFmz41pdf_M[/YT]
Turbine has today previewed Infinite Crisis' latest playable MOBA hero, the youthful Stargirl, who fell into her sidekick role after discovering and donning her stepfather's old costume. In her heroic form, she's a blaster who wields a glowing staff to damage and crowd control enemies. Her skills include a cutesy buff called Family Heirlooms and a even-more-cutesy nuke that beams pink stars at her enemies; her ultimate, however, is a powerful nuke, slow, debuff, and shield all in one.

Stargirl goes live on October 15th. We've included new screenies and her intro video below. Infinite Crisis: Stargirl

Continue Reading

Layoffs hit Infinite Crisis developer Turbine

(14 minutes ago)

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment confirmed today that a round of layoffs will soon affect The Lord of the Rings Online developer Turbine, Inc.

"As part of our normal business process, we're routinely looking at the strategic alignment of our company," a Warner Bros. representative told Joystiq. "Unfortunately, in order for us to invest in growth areas at Turbine, we have to eliminate some positions. These are always tough decisions, which we don't approach lightly, but it's crucial that Turbine is structured in a way that reflects the current and coming marketplace."

After debuting its landmark MMORPG Asheron's Call in 1999, Turbine continued with a string of successful PC follow-ups and expansions, including The Lord of the Rings Online and Dungeons & Dragons Online. The studio's latest project, the DC Universe-based MOBA Infinite Crisis, is currently in open beta, with a final release due by the end of the year.

source: Joystiq

Infinite Crisis reveals creepy alien starfish Starro

(1 hour ago)
Betas, Super-hero, Galleries, Video, Classes, Game Mechanics, Previews, PvP, News Items, Free-to-Play, MOBA, Infinite Crisis

[YT]Hzcvj5f1ZCU[/YT]
Crowd-control fans, listen up: Turbine MOBA Infinite Crisis has today announced Starro, a new playable controller champion going live on November 5th. For those not up on their DC lore, the short version is "creepy alien starfish." Long version?
Starro is a Star Conqueror. These nomadic and parasitic creatures roam the cosmos in two forms: motherstars and parasites. Motherstars are sentient, while parasites are extensions of the motherstar's consciousness. A parasite attaches itself to other sentient creatures, allowing the motherstar to control that creature's mind. Once controlled, the victims work toward growing more motherstars to go out and bring universal harmony to other planets-by conquering them. Little did the Star Conqueror who came to be known as Starro know how difficult carrying that plan out on Earth would be! Starro has little concern for what happens to the individuals it controls. They're a tiny part of the whole. When Starro speaks to creatures it doesn't control, it does so telepathically, urging them to join in universal harmony.​
We've got some pics and a video below to finish out Starro's reveal. Infinite Crisis: Starro

Continue Reading

source:: Massively
More coverage: Official site

Infinite Crisis dredges up Swamp Thing

(6 hours ago)
Super-hero, Video, Classes, Previews, Free-to-Play, MOBA, Infinite Crisis

[YT]ZF1j-AwVlyQ[/YT]

Swamp Thing, you make my heart sing! You make everything groovy... especially when you show up to stomp evildoers with the power of peat.

Coming to Infinite Crisis on December 17th, Swamp Thing will be the newest super-powered character in the game. According to his description, "Swamp Thing can endure tremendous damage and is capable of complete regeneration. He also has control over plant life, and can command it to do his bidding."

We've got a video preview of Mr. Thing after the break, so check it out and then hug a tree afterward so that you'll end up on his good side.

[Source: Turbine press release] Continue Reading

source: Massively
More coverage: Infinite Crisis

Infinite Crisis : Hawkgirl to Fly Into Game on January 21st

Posted Jan 09, 2015

Turbine has released a new trailer and the first information about Hawkgirl who will be flying into Infinite Crisis on Wednesday, January 21st.
While on yet another disciplinary suspension for breaking the rules, she encountered Hawkman. The hero told her that she was a reincarnated Egyptian princess and that the two had been both heroes and lovers in their previous lives. She thought him insane and asked to be left alone. Surprised that she did not remember him, he agreed to leave, but insisted she accept a mace and flight harness, artifacts of her past life. She took the items just to be rid of him.
Find out more on the Infinite Crisis site.
[YT]gu1knjxuk74[/YT]
Permalink | 2 comments
Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#TvxibGLGsIP03SZl.99

Infinite Crisis : Official Launch Day Arrives, Steam Bundles Go On Sale

Posted Mar 26, 2015

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Turbine have announced that today marks the official launch date for Infinite Crisis, a MOBA based in the DC "Multiverse". New Steam bundles were also announced that give players a pair of packages with heroes and other in-game items to choose from.
Basic Steam Bundle -- $9.99

• 8 Champions - (Superman, The Flash, Mecha Wonder Woman, Stargirl, Catwoman, Atomic Green Lantern, Poison Ivy & Aquaman)
  • Exclusive Golden Superman Costume
Elite Steam Bundle -- $29.99

• 34 Champions - (The Flash, Atomic Wonder Woman, Nightmare Robin, Gaslight Catwoman, Superman, Aquaman, Robin, Supergirl, Hawkgirl, Katana, Nightmare Batman, Green Arrow, Cyborg, Blue Beetle, Atomic Joker, Mecha Wonder Woman, Sinestro, Stargirl, Catwoman, Star Sapphire, Arcane Supergirl, Shazam, Swamp Thing, Atrocitus, Atomic Green Lantern, Atomic Poison Ivy, Arcane Green Lantern, Gaslight Joker, Mecha Superman, Poison Ivy, Krypto, Zatanna, Starro and Nightmare Superman)
  • Exclusive Golden Superman Costume
Check out the Infinite Crisis Steam page for more information.
[YT]E8haj2oLTKA[/YT]

Permalink | 0 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/page/1#lmFGJYLVymabcMo8.99

win stuff!

IhO1B6cyRlOy.jpg

We're giving away $2500 in Infinite Crisis character packs

PC Gamer - 2 minutes ago

Infinite Crisis traded its beta costume for a more official one last week. We're still working on our review of Turbine's DC-themed MOBA, but in the meantime we've got a bunch of character packs to giveaway if you've already jumped in.
Up for grabs are 45 Starter Packs and 5 Elite Packs, the latter of which includes every character currently in the game. Our giveaway will run until Thursday, April 2 at 3 PM Pacific. At that time, our system will automatically pick 50 winners and email them with keys. To enter, drop your email into the embedded form below.
WINNERS - How to redeem your key:

1. If you do not already have an account, go to www.infinitecrisis.com to create an account and download the game.
  2. Log into Infinite Crisis
  3. Click on Shop
  4. Click on Redeem Code
  5. Enter your code and click Redeem
  6. Once your code is validated, the contents will be immediately available on your account.
Jqv94QDHPdzz.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

The Silver Pack includes 8 Champions suitable for all play-styles. Over $35 of value!
Champions:

• Superman
  • Flash
  • Catwoman
  • Aquaman
  • Poison Ivy
  • Stargirl
  • Atomic Green Lantern
  • Mecha Wonder Woman
n7x2B_OUccTV.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

The Gold Pack includes all 33 currently purchasable champions. Whether you are new to MOBAs, or a long-time veteran, there's something for everyone's play-style. Plus, you can earn seven additional champions for free through playing the tutorials and regular log-ins. Over $170 of value!
Champions by class:
Bruisers get into the thick of fights, trying to destroy their targets at close range.

• Superman
  • Aquaman
  • Robin
  • Supergirl
  • Hawkgirl
  • Katana
  • Nightmare Batman
Enforcers are the first into a battle, and try to soak up as much damage as possible.

• Shazam
  • Swamp Thing
  • Atrocitus
  • Atomic Green Lantern
  • Atomic Poison Ivy
  • Arcane Green Lantern
  • Gaslight Joker
  • Mecha Superman
Blasters have strong Powers, often unleashing bursts of punishment on enemies.

• Sinestro
  • Stargirl
  • Catwoman
  • Star Sapphire
  • Arcane Supergirl
Marksmen make frequent use of a strong basic attack to devastate with unrelenting damage.

• Green Arrow
  • Cyborg
  • Blue Beetle
  • Atomic Joker
  • Mecha Wonder Woman
Assassins work best when jumping in, doing max damage up front, and getting out!

• Flash
  • Atomic Wonder Woman
  • Nightmare Robin
  • Gaslight Catwoman
Controllers aid their teammates by controlling the flow of battles and the movements of enemies.

• Poison Ivy
  • Zatanna
  • Starro
  • Nightmare Superman
giveaway Infinite Crisis MOBA

source: Pcgamer.com

Infinite Crisis : A Polished MOBA with 'Me Too' Syndrome

Posted Apr 28, 2015

Enter DC Comics with Infinite Crisis, a game that allows players to step into the boots, spandex and outside underpants of some of the DC expanded universe’s greatest heroes and villains. This all comes in a package that feels, well, a lot like most other MOBAs you may have played, with a couple of interesting twists and the undeniable appeal of duking it out with the likes of Superman, the Green Lantern, the Joker, the Flash, Sinestro, Swamp Thing, and oh, so many more.
Read more of Brandon Casteel's Infinite Crisis: A Polished MOBA with 'Me Too' Syndrome.
Putting it mildly, there is an abundance of choice in MOBA circles these days. From what can now be considered the old guard of League of Legends and DOTA 2, to less fortunate but still fairly well known titles like Smite and Heroes of Newerth, to quirky experiments like Prime World, Sins of a Dark Age, Strife, AirMech and more. Lots more. Whether or not the market is saturated is up for debate, but it is certainly the case that standing out from the pack is more of a challenge than it ever has been before. The deaths of games like Dawngate, among others, stand testament to this fact.

Enter DC Comics with Infinite Crisis, a game that allows players to step into the boots, spandex and outside underpants of some of the DC expanded universe’s greatest heroes and villains. This all comes in a package that feels, well, a lot like most other MOBAs you may have played, with a couple of interesting twists and the undeniable appeal of duking it out with the likes of Superman, the Green Lantern, the Joker, the Flash, Sinestro, Swamp Thing, and oh, so many more.
Upon first glance, Infinite Crisis feels quite a bit like League of Legends with a DC makeover. The differences between the titles are a little more than skin deep (pardon the pun), but the comparison is an easy one to draw and it sticks better than perhaps is good for Infinite Crisis. The game is pretty enough in its way, tending more towards the MOBA baseline of League of Legends than the art styles of the various comics upon which these characters are based.
IC-1_t.jpg

The game’s art is colorful, and as with most better MOBA titles the art direction goes out of its way to provide information to the players. Turrets have a burned circle around themselves indicating range, inaccessible terrain delineated from the traditional flat-as-a-board playing field, lanes and “urban jungle” are crystal clear to determine at a glance – these games rely on timing and precision and care has obviously gone into taking guesswork on many environmental elements out of the equation for the player.
IC-2_t.jpg

Similarly, the game runs smoothly and the heroes react very quickly when given commands, important for the twitch-reflex combat that is expected in this type of game. This came as a relief to me, as in earlier builds combat commands were often sluggish and awkward. Also of note is that some steps have been taken to make the in-game item shop more accessible than in older generation MOBA titles – a constant point of contention for newer players, as grokking the significance of items and building advanced items from their parts is one of the more time-consuming process of learning these games.
A hair off from bog-standard in this genre, all heroes have 4 abilities: 3 normal ones bound to Q, W and E and an ‘ultimate’ bound to R. These are supplemented by a unique trait that can be leveled up, and 2 ‘spells’ chosen from a common pool, all very familiar to anyone who’s happened to have played one of these titles before. Like League’s Rune Pages, players can equip Amplifier Sets that alternately improve the effects of certain items and provide incremental bonuses to innate stats. This setup isn’t as cumbersome as some I’ve seen, but something in me appreciates the simplicity of DOTA 2’s eschewing of this meta-system. Definitely a take-it-or-leave-it feature.
IC-3_t.jpg

Infinite Crisis gets its name from the so-called Crisis on Infinite Earths, a recurring DC story arc in which the DC multiverse, the multiplicative versions of its heroes and villains, clashed and reduced the complexity of DC’s cumbersome lore. The game uses this idea as a major catalyst: this is the explanation for heroes and villains fighting together, for multiple versions of a hero, and for alternate universe variants like Nightmare Batman, Mecha Superman, Atomic Green Lantern and Gaslight Joker. Still waiting for a Red Son Superman, by the way (hint, hint).
The game goes miles out of its way to explain in laborious and unnecessary detail the player’s role, the concept of leveling up, and the nature of the multiverse colliding. Perhaps some appreciate the canonization of game rules in this respect, but I found it… needless and even a little annoying.
IC-4_t.jpg

Infinite Crisis is polished, snappy and a well-designed MOBA, all things considered. But its mechanics don’t address the long-standing issues with the genre in a meaningful way, or do they do much to set the game apart from its competitors. As a MOBA title where you can play Shazam, Infinite Crisis is your bet. As a mechanical differentiator from League of Legends, it suffers a little from Me Too Syndrome.
Gameplay – 7: If you’ve played League of Legends or its string of copycat competitors, you’ll be well equipped to play Infinite Crisis. The game has streamlined its in-match store and simplifies the Rune Page process, keeping the focus on player skill. Sadly, the moment-by-moment gameplay fails to introduce any features that set it apart from the broader MOBA crowd.
Visuals and Sound – 8: visually the game is clean and streamlined in exactly the way a MOBA should be, and the might of the DC universe is apparent. Map designs can be a little hokey thanks to the game’s slavish devotion to its multiverse colliding theme, and the general awkwardness of fitting DC lore into MOBA mechanics.
Polish – 8: Among the more polished and responsive MOBAs out there.
Longevity – 8: It’s hard to tell how Infinite Crisis will fare long-term against the juggernauts of the MOBA world, but it does have the deep and storied DC universe to draw from, and the developer team seems committed and competent.
Value – 7: In true MOBA fashion, Infinite Crisis makes a priority of waving heroes and skins you don’t yet own in your face, and its cash generation rate is low enough that players so inclined could easily spend considerable cash completing their hero (and villain) collection.
Final Score Final score

Pros
item_reviews_bullet_pro.gif
A polished MOBA with snappy action
A superb tutorial and guided newbie mode
Itemization is a step in the right direction Cons
item_reviews_bullet_con.gif
Fails to innovate meaningfully
item_reviews_bullet_con.gif
Unnecessary, ham-fisted in-universe explanations