• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

INHUMANITY - The Inhumans return in new mini-event rebrand

I'm skipping this. Not a big Inhumans guy, plus Matt Fraction. Hopefully it has tie-ins across Marvel's entire line of ongoings and I get to save some money when I skip those too. :oldrazz:

With Fantastic Four, FF, and Hawkeye, Fraction has been really hitting it out of the park lately after his lull period that ranged from mediocrity to flat out terrible. He's quickly coming back to my automatically check out list of writers.

The Supreme Intelligence turned against the Inhumans because through Black Bolt surviving the Terrigen Bomb they figured out he was the end result of the Kree experiments that was prophecized to bring ruin to the empire.

Ah, suck. I loved the War of Kings Inhumans/Kree arrangement. Are the Shi'ar still under Kree rule?

Ah, suck. I loved the War of Kings Inhumans/Kree arrangement. Are the Shi'ar still under Kree rule?

It's kinda funny but after I finished WoK I lost interest in the cosmic stuff. It was a great read from Annihilation to WoK but at the end it pretty much tied up most of the loose ends and I was left with a "Now what?" feeling.

I'm 100% certain these teasers are related to Inhumanity.

ishejpg-e943ef_960w.jpg

aretheyjpg-88305b_960w.jpg

isshejpg-883060_960w.jpg

Blue mist = Black Bolt
Purple mist = Medusa
Orange mist = Crystal

Not to mention it's slated for December 2013 and that's when Inhumanity starts.

Damn now I see what the teasers probably are. With the terrigen mist releasing and turning millions of people into Inhumans this is a teaser saying "Is he.... [one of them]" "Are they.... [one of them]" "Is she.... [one of them]?" This makes the most sense seeing as it's also solicited for December too.

INHUMAN001.jpg

INHUMAN2014001_manaravariant.jpg

INHUMAN #1
MATT FRACTION (W) • JOE MADUREIRA (A/C)
Variant cover by Humberto Ramos
Variant Cover by J. Scott Campbell
Variant Cover by Milo Manara
Design variant by TBD
Blank Variant Also Available
“After the Fall”
After the fall of the Inhuman City Attilan and the explosion of the Terrigen Bomb, thousands of people across the globe with no connection to the strange super race have transformed into Inhumans! The transformations have given them powers that are dangerous and terrifying, making them targets. With Inhuman king Black Bolt believed dead, is there anyone for these new Inhumans to turn to?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

INHUMANITY_MEDU.jpg

INHUMANITY: MEDUSA #1
MATT FRACTION (W) • NICK BRADSHAW (A/C)
INHUMANITY TIE-IN!
• Nick Bradshaw (WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN) joins the master of Inhumanity Matt Fraction for a tale of the Inhuman Queen!
• Medusa’s kingdom is destroyed, her king is dead and her people’s population just increased exponentially. Everything is different—how can she possibly deal with it all?
ONE SHOT 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Except he's not. He's in hiding. You see him on the covers of New Avengers 13 and 14.

Inhuman_Cover2_fin.jpg

INHUMAN #2
MATT FRACTION (W) • JOE MADUREIRA (A/C)
Variant cover by TBD
Witness the origin of INFERNO! What role will this new Inhuman play in the global Inhuman power structure?
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

So basically, Marvel just took House of M through AvX for the mutants and is shrinking it down to a few issues featuring the Inhumans.

Brink of extinction to being repowered all over the world. And Go....

I like that the Inhumans are next in line for a push from Marvel. Always been a fan of those weirdos.

I love the Inhumans, in fact the story "Inhumans: Culture Shock" is up there with my favorite comic stories.

But this specific push just seems too much like Marvel getting ready to push them for a movie since they don't have movie rights for the X-Men.

I love the Inhumans, in fact the story "Inhumans: Culture Shock" is up there with my favorite comic stories.

But this specific push just seems too much like Marvel getting ready to push them for a movie since they don't have movie rights for the X-Men.

How is that bad?

Yeah, as long as its a good story and works who cares? I could see not liking it if your not an Inhumans fan. Otherwise I think its great they are making use of these guys in bigger ways. Seems this new book is getting people to care about Inhumans like Marvel did with GOTG.

Been good to see solid reviews on this. Fraction has been consistently putting out excellent work with Marvel and Image. Don't know how he's keeping up, but he's doing a great job. :up:

Last edited:
How is that bad?

I didn't say it was, I was just stating that it's obvious why this is happening.

Now, as long as the stories are good, I'm on board, especially since I love the Inhumans.

I was only mildly interested in this to begin with, but the ending of Inhumanity killed that interest for me. I hope it goes well for everyone else though.

I was really digging the Inhumans from Son of M through their Realm of Kings mini. Hickman's seeming nonchalant disregard of Blackbolt's death annoyed me, so I didn't buy anything after his return. His having multiple wives confuses me now as well. Still, I hope to hear good things about this new story. I'd love to see their popularity skyrocket.

I'm hoping it leads to an Inhumans movie during Phase 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"