Interstellar - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Nolanfans (Was classified yesterday):

image.jpg

It's coming! :applaud

I was already pumped for Godzilla and this just sweetens that deal. Put them together in TruIMAX and....:hubba

Soon...

*paces around the room waiting*

Also Kane, when the time comes we'll be needing GIFs!

I'm curious but a little hesitant. I thought TDKR and MOS were horrible. (Though Nolan was only producer on MOS..) Makes me wonder if Nolan is starting to lose his touch. We shall see..

I wouldn't blame Nolan for Man of Steel at all. If anything I would blame Zack Snyder and possibly David Goyer.

Nolan is as much to blame for MoS as he is for Transcendence.

Nolan produced those films, he's partially responsible for them. And wasn't one of the biggest critcisms of Transcendence in the script? He was one of the people who found the script to have potencial.

Nolan produced those films, he's partially responsible for them. And wasn't one of the biggest critcisms of Transcendence in the script? He was one of the people who found the script to have potencial.

Jeff Snider of The Wrap mentioned that Nolan advised Wally NOT to go ahead with Transcendence, and go find a better project. But because Wally chose Trans, Nolan probably just went with it.

https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/status/456664382764638209

Being a producer doesn't HAVE to mean anything. Take someone like Spielberg for example, he will slap his name onto anything if it means he gets a bag of cash for it. Some producers play a huge part, others show up for a meeting or two, have a few discussions about the movie in the very early stages, and that's that. For someone like Nolan, Man of Steel started out as something he developed with Goyer initially, and so it's not weird he stayed as a producer eventually. With Transcendence, Wally Pfister is his close pal and so I don't think it's a surprise he put his name onto that movie either. When you try to market a movie like Transcendence, you don't highlight Wally Pfister (who nobody knows), you highlight Nolan's name, and him being a producer.

I'm curious but a little hesitant. I thought TDKR and MOS were horrible. (Though Nolan was only producer on MOS..) Makes me wonder if Nolan is starting to lose his touch. We shall see..
You didn't like TDKR so that means Nolan is losing his touch?

:funny:

You didn't like TDKR so that means Nolan is losing his touch?

:funny:

I think Nolan just wants to move on from comic book movies. He's not even producing Superman Vs. Batman right?

TDKR is a flawed movie with some great scenes though, especially with Hardy's Bane. But Nolan's Superhero interest peaked with The Dark Knight. And there it kinda stayed.

TDKR wasn't horrible you just didn't like it. That's your opinion which is fine and all but to suggest he's losing his touch is laughable.

Maybe the script did have potential, but the end product, through inadequate directing came off worse?

I mention it because most of the criticism comes from the script, not the directing.

The original script for transcendence was apparently fantastic. It was heavily tinkered with by other people.

Not really. Nolan was an executive producer on Transcendence which basically means nothing other than "Oh, look's interesting. Let's talk about it over lunch. And yeah, you can put my name in the trailer to get a few butts in the seats."

I mention it because most of the criticism comes from the script, not the directing.

As a director you have to bring your vision to the script, and deal with the actors, blocking, pacing, tone etc.

Wally failed to do so with Trans, and elevate the material.

I think Nolan just wants to move on from comic book movies. He's not even producing Superman Vs. Batman right?

TDKR is a flawed movie with some great scenes though, especially with Hardy's Bane. But Nolan's Superhero interest peaked with The Dark Knight. And there it kinda stayed.
That's exactly it. TDKR is something done out of the pure sake of completion for his brahs (at the time) at Warner Brothers. That's it.

You can sense that Nolan wasn't 100% there creatively. I still really like TDKR (even though I recognize that it's flawed) but it's a total retread of Batman Begins on a much larger scope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"