IO Interactive's Project 007

Nice. Been ages since I played a decent Bond game.

I enjoyed Hitman 1/2, so I would play this if its a 3rd person spy game.

Cool! I hope they take their time with it. A proper next gen Bond game would be a massive smash hit.

I wonder who the voice cast will be?

This was a pleasant surprise. Hopefully 47 has a cameo in a bonus level or something like that. It's also a fun little coincidence that Sean Bean has played a recurring character in the last couple of Hitman games.

Pretty much a match made in heaven right here. A lot of folks have said how the new Hitman games especially feel almost like Bond adventures, I'm a big fan of those games. Can't wait for Hitman 3, they've been talking about this secret next project of theirs, wouldn't have imagined it'd be 007.

My cousin is going to love this. He has played almost every Bond game. I’m looking forward to it myself too.

I also read on the website that this is an origin game and I’m actually excited about that.

I really hope this is good

Wonder what era it will take place in. Personally, I would love it if the game took place in 1960s. Classic Bond fun

Oh my gosh I love that idea! Set it in the 60s and just have heaps of fun with it.

Hopefully the developers read it

So beyond excited for this, it's such a perfect fit. And we haven't had a 007 game since 2013.

I hope they keep it third-person instead of first though.

So beyond excited for this, it's such a perfect fit. And we haven't had a 007 game since 2013.

I hope they keep it third-person instead of first though.
I would be very, very disappointed if we ended up with another first person shooter Bond game, that's something that I don't need to see ever again. It feels like half the Bond games that have been made were just trying to cash in on Goldeneye nostalgia, rather than actually thinking about what kind of gameplay would best suit a James Bond game. But I trust IOI to not do that, I think we'll get something special from them.

Blood Stone was the last fun Bond game I played I am really looking forward to this one

Everything or nothing was fun. The goldeneye remake was terrible though

Everything or nothing was fun. The goldeneye remake was terrible though
yeah that was good it felt like the last movie Pierce did after DAD and it helps having all the good guys voiced by actors who played them in past movies (including Cleese as the new Q).

Yeah it was just fun that they went full throttle with it. Car chases, voice actors and even title music. Hopefully we can see that sort of thing again

I tried playing the Daniel Craig redo of Goldeneye. That was crap. Don't think I finished it.
I don't even think I ever finished the very first level, lol. And I tried playing it twice, once on Wii & once on PS3.

007 Legends was the last game we got and honestly I felt like it had potential. It was starring Daniel Craig but each level was going through an iconic set piece from one film of each Bond actor. It still missed the mark a bit though. And because of Goldeneye, each game throws in a half-assed multiplayer to try and recapture the magic but it never works (except Nightfire on PS2, that mp was great). I really do have faith in the new team to give us something new.

plus it had WIlliam Dafoe as the bad guy which was inspired as I always thought he would make a good Bond bad guy

I don't even think I ever finished the very first level, lol. And I tried playing it twice, once on Wii & once on PS3.

007 Legends was the last game we got and honestly I felt like it had potential. It was starring Daniel Craig but each level was going through an iconic set piece from one film of each Bond actor. It still missed the mark a bit though. And because of Goldeneye, each game throws in a half-assed multiplayer to try and recapture the magic but it never works (except Nightfire on PS2, that mp was great). I really do have faith in the new team to give us something new.

Yeah. I think I rented that game at the time. I didn't feel much for it and I barely remember much of it outside of how disappointed I felt playing it. Nice idea, but poor execution.

I think Quantum of Solace also had a third person tie-in game which wasn't that great either. Much like the film. lol

"We have been allowed to make our own digital Bond, which will not lean on a Bond actor," IO interactive's director Hakan Abrak told the Danish Broadcasting Corporation. This means that we won't see the likeness of Daniel Craig or Pierce Brosnan coming to the game - the character will be entirely unique and unrelated to previous Bond performances. "We also come up with a completely original story, and you could easily imagine that a trilogy could come out of it," Abrak added.
Hitman Developer's James Bond Won't Be Based on Any Previous Actor - IGN

Sounds promising. Hopefully their James Bond has the classic look of Bond. I guess we'll know once we get more than the teaser we've had so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"