Iron Fist Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

Daneen

Civilian
Reaction score
[YT]hgypwAe0LwI[/YT]

got to 2:35 for the official iron fist season 2 confirmation.

Also, misty knight will be in iron fist season 2 so it is highly likely we will see daughters of the dragon.. however.. since iron fist and colleen are main characters don't expect to see danny misty relationship that isnt gonna happen.

I'm not surprised. The show is a Huge HIT. Now I wonder had it been actually better, would the ratings be even higher.

I'm not surprised. The show is a Huge HIT. Now I wonder had it been actually better, would the ratings be even higher.

One could argue that the season was only successful because of the reputation the other Marvel show gave the brand an instant audience, and that may lead to a huge viewer drop off in season 2. That's why getting renewed wasn't so much a slam dunk as the other shows.

I really hope the drop his weird "rage" thing where the camera gets blurry or whatever. I get they want to show some sort of PTSD or unresolved issues but it just looked silly and seemed pretty inconsistent. That's something you'd see in something like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and just didn't fit with the rest of the show. It's like they wanted to make him psychology unhinged but didn't go all the way with it. Either actually explore it or don't bother to begin with.

If The Defenders keeps the momentum going, there won't be a huge drop...to the contrary if this is really emulating the Phase One model.

The one thing they need to drop is Scott Buck. Get somebody who actually understands the kung fu genre.

Well this isn't a surprise but still good to hear, especially with Misty joining the show, which I knew would happen. :woot:

I guess we'll see the show move to production before the end of the year. Maybe within a few months if lucky, so we see a debut of say Fall 2018. I'm surprised though as I thought DD Season 3 was going into production next.

Well this isn't a surprise but still good to hear, especially with Misty joining the show, which I knew would happen. :woot:

Don't get your hopes up. the main selling point of Misty joining the show was daughters of the dragon which is what jeff leob said when announcing it.

Also, remember dany/misty are not together anymore they split up. so there may be no interest to put them together at all since they will prob break them up later.

Misty is also coming into a show where danny and colleen are the main characters. so Colleen isn't going to be pushed aside for her.. that's another reason why misty/danny is a no go.

I dont see those actors having any chemistry at all and the age gap won't work.

Though what about this showrunner??? im a bit worried Raven Metzner .. well because he wrote the script for the 2005 movie elektra

Rewatching Iron Fist now and I'm pleased they'll be renewing this. There's a lot of potential for something unique and cool here, but this series just lacks the artistry and style the other Netflix shows have. This feels like it was made to check off a box with little to no enthusiasm for the source material. Happy Buck is out!

Hopefully Metzner can give us something special.

so what's the official reason for the new showrunner?

Glad that Scott Buck is off this project. He should never be allowed near a comic property again. Hopefully now Iron Fist will be a bit more fantastical and allowed a costume.

Metzner is the co-writer of the 2005 Elektra movie, so I hope he's ready to step his game up.

His other TV credits include Daybreak, Falling Skies, and Sleepy Hollow.

Though what about this showrunner??? im a bit worried Raven Metzner .. well because he wrote the script for the 2005 movie elektra
Don't be worried about that, scripts go through a lot of changes after the writer finishes it. Also it's not uncommon for another writer to be hired for another draft. He could of written the first draft and then didn't touch after that. I mean some of the very early drafts of Fant4stic sounded pretty awesome, then the studio gutted it until there was almost nothing left. Happens all the time.
so what's the official reason for the new showrunner?
As in why Raven? Here's Jeph Loeb's exact quote on it, “Raven’s love of all things Iron Fist and his extensive knowledge of martial arts films made him the perfect choice to continue telling the adventures of Danny Rand and Colleen Wing,”

Which is very promising because at the very least it shows that Raven has a passion for the genre that Iron Fist should be taking inspiration from. And that Marvel Television knows to look for someone with that insight and passion.

A showrunner doesnt write every script. They help guide the ship with all creative decisions. If Raven is a big fan of Iron Fist, then you shouldn't be worrying. Yes, he could make some bad decisions but wouldn't someone who is a fan of the thing they are doing be better than one who isn't a fan of the source material, Buck?

Don't get your hopes up. the main selling point of Misty joining the show was daughters of the dragon which is what jeff leob said when announcing it.

Also, remember dany/misty are not together anymore they split up. so there may be no interest to put them together at all since they will prob break them up later.

Misty is also coming into a show where danny and colleen are the main characters. so Colleen isn't going to be pushed aside for her.. that's another reason why misty/danny is a no go.

I dont see those actors having any chemistry at all and the age gap won't work.

Mmm... yeah, I think I recall you listing most of these things as reasons why Misty would even appear on IF. So you'll have to forgive me if I don't take your word as gospel, lol.

We'll see how it all turns out but with Misty being such a prominent character in Iron Fist's story, she's destined to have significant interaction with Danny. Kinda silly to think otherwise.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm glad there will be a season 2, but we shall see.

I just hope they drastically up the budget and make better use of it.

For season 2 I hope we get less Kung Fu and more board meetings. They should just change the name to Iron Board. Hopefully we can get a full episode of Danny just reviewing a contract.

I just hope they drastically up the budget and make better use of it.

Drastically? Not happening. The issues most seemed to have with the show weren't even budget related though. Things like story, choreography, prep time can be expanded or upgraded without a drastic increase in budget.

I think fans want to see Danny embrace his role as a superhero.

He also needs to stop saying, "I am the Iron Fist." Show us why you are the Iron Fist.

Also, use his powers more in impressive ways. The show last season barely even scratched the surface of what Danny/Iron Fist is capable of.

COSTUME.

Also, give a competent reason for why Joy suddenly decided to turn on Danny and decide to ****ing kill him for no ****ing reason at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"