The Comics 'Iron Man: Most Wanted'

JerseyJoker

Sidekick
Reaction score
There is rarely really any discussion about the current archs, but who is digging the 'Most Wanted' arch thus far?

I've been getting into Invincible Iron Man big time lately, i was pissed when they took the regular Iron Man title away and gave it to War Machine, but IIM is becoming a favorite to read, especially watching Tony on the run and using low tech gadgets and what not to help keep his armor functional.

There is rarely really any discussion about the current archs, but who is digging the 'Most Wanted' arch thus far?

I've been getting into Invincible Iron Man big time lately, i was pissed when they took the regular Iron Man title away and gave it to War Machine, but IIM is becoming a favorite to read, especially watching Tony on the run and using low tech gadgets and what not to help keep his armor functional.
I have been enjoying this story with Tony on the run,but look forward to him being back on top where he belongs!

I liked it a lot but

Did Pepper and Tony have sex in that last issue? It wasn't clear.

I've been enjoying the series as well. Wasn't sure I would when it first was introduced, actually liked the idea for two Iron Man on-going series, I mean Spider Man gets like a hundred ( I know, its not that many, you know what I mean).
Fraction has done a very good job with character development, Maria Hill was easliy uninteresting during IM: DOS series, but he's made her very likable.
Not sure how the series will end or how much it play in to the end of Dark Reign, but nice to see Tony back to being the hero is was before Civil War and him fighting some of his rogues gallery, like Madam Masque, a character that has been missing since the 80's.

What tpb's do I need to see how Tony came to be on the run? I'm assuming after secret invasion? I just wanna get caught up on him

Yeah, because of Secret Invasion. Norman Osborn made the case that Stark and S.H.E.I.L.D were flawed and not doing good and could have prevented the Skrull invasion.

so I just have to read Avengers: Secret Invasion and then Invincible Iron man follows immediately after?

I'm loving this. Easily one of my most satisfying reads, month after month. Great characterization, story, dialogue, action...the whole works. I've been buying IIM since launch, and as long as it keeps rolling the way it has been, I will continue to buy it.

I think there are a couple of stumbling blocks - the art sometimes lets the story down, and the extreme decompression of the current World's Most Wanted arc is starting to become apparent - but overall this is a very strong book, with the potential to only get better. I think the book will improve after World's Most Wanted, as it will have escaped the Dark Reign tie-in and will be able to function more on its own merits. Furthermore, I think we might actually be left with a stable status quo for Iron Man at last once the story is all said and done.

Yeah, I think Invincible has generally been a breath of fresh air after all the civil war, invasion, and world war hulk stuff.

Did someone saw the second half of IIM #20 from Salvador Larroca and Patrick Zircher's (CW: The Confession Parody) covers?

Don't know 'bout you guys but, in my opinion, Classic Grey Armor looks bada$$!!! Don't like Zircher variant cover, though.

I haven't read it except for the preview pages on Marvel and what I've seen has made me really...
It's hard seeing him like that. :(

I know this is an old topic, but you can see some parallels between the Most Wanted arch and what they did in Iron Man 3. Tony on the run, working with only the most basic tools he has around him.

Kinda like Denny O'Neil's run
He was a Vagabond after Stane bought his company

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"