• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Iron Man's Armor

Overman27pj

Civilian
Reaction score
I have just been getting into comics again recently and it seems that Iron Man is now the most powerful man in the universe.

I have heard him say a couple of times 'this armor has recorded every punch you have ever thrown...' and things like that.

Does his armor move Stark or does Stark move the armor?

What capabilities does the armor have? Do they just make up whatever they want and say 'Iron Man's armor has this power as well' whenever a situation come up?

Sounds like freaking power rangers if you ask me. Pretty stupid.

What can this armor do?

Tony's armor and Tony himself have received considerable upgrades in the past 2 years or so thanks to Warren Ellis and Brian Bendis. The former wrote an arc where Tony got a dose of Extremis, a drug that allows him to basically communicate telepathically with any kind of machinery or electronics. The latter has written Iron Man's armor doing loads of junk it never has before in New Avengers and now Mighty Avengers.

What capabilities does the armor have? Do they just make up whatever they want and say 'Iron Man's armor has this power as well' whenever a situation come up?

That's pretty much every comic hero ever at one point or another

Batman: "I'll just take this handy Bat-Whatever-The Situation-Calls-For out of my utility belt..."

Superman: "I'll just use my super-stuff skills to finish this..."

Reed Richards: "I'll just use my smarts to whip up this handy whatchamacallit that we need..."

Iron Man: "I'll just reconfigure my armor to accomplish this task the writer needs me to. That is, unless he wants to create tension and therefore it's something I CAN'T do. So long as it's not glaringly stupid, the readers won't notice..."

Yup, what Eli said.

And he's hardly the most powerful hero in the Universe. All that tech stuff didn't do him much good when Vision phased through him and took him offline, which left him easy prey for Cap to kick his ass up and down at the end of CW. Or when Strange made him cry like a little b***h along with the rest of the Mighty Avengers. He's just better than he was before. I like it. He always was supposed to be one of the top heroes in the MU, it's only now that he's really seems to live up to the hype. At least in terms of raw power. Nova would still kick his ass tough. :)

The Iron Man armor not getting an upgrade would kind of be like Reed Richards deciding to not invent things. The Iron Man armor will always recieve some odd end upgrade that falls along these lines. It's not like he's off harnessing the power cosmic now.

Recently, with Extremis, which should enhance his strength all sorts, and let him breathe fire or whatever, it gave him a super tech upgrade which made him some form of technopath (similar to Cable), up to the point he can hack into closed circuit things with ease, and bust through brick walls. The armor itself benefits, because of his physical upgrade, and can move faster, and use his brain as a processor for extremely lightning fast responses. Before, he had some form of psychotech to allow his brain to contact his armor and move it like a second skin, so it's not really new. It's kind of like upgrading your computer. It did everything fine before, it just does it better now.

He's still basic flight, self controlled armor, alarm systems, repulsor systems, laser systems, radar systems (I haven't seen pulse bolts in this one yet, but I doubt they're not in there.) Just with the upgrade that he can easily control other technological junk like his other armors, or split his attention ten ways from Sunday. The only upgrade that felt rushed (though was probably inevitable), was the "Spider Sense" upgrade, which his personal neural net employs to basically use the same frequency function as Spider Man's own. While he's powerful like this, true, he's definitely no match for some of the stronger people like Thor or Hercules or his own Sentry. Definitely when the Hulk comes back, he'll actually require the ploy of a specialty armor (like that Argonaut that was basically destroying the Avengers via Tony's subconciousness.) So basically, the Hulk could stomp him (if Tony drops like every one of these upgrades and just decides to be slow) otherwise, Tony will probably just pose to piss him off, because really, none of his weapons have really hurt the Hulk outside of his specialty things.

Yeah, he's recieved a super mega upgrade lately, but I doubt anybody would place him top ten most power on Earth with any sort of ease. Even with those sonics.

To answer the original question, no, he doesn't just get an upgrade necessary to the situation. At least fifteen times he's been caught with his pants down during CW alone with his armor getting shut down for every which reason that may exist. (Though it was hilarious it took him like ten seconds to reboot his armor the first time, and couldn't reboot it at all the second time.)

Stark has been lucky enough to have the ones who could kill his ass sucking his thumb. I really want Nick Fury to be the one to kick Stark off his high horse.

Yup, what Eli said.

And he's hardly the most powerful hero in the Universe. All that tech stuff didn't do him much good when Vision phased through him and took him offline, which left him easy prey for Cap to kick his ass up and down at the end of CW. Or when Strange made him cry like a little b***h along with the rest of the Mighty Avengers. He's just better than he was before. I like it. He always was supposed to be one of the top heroes in the MU, it's only now that he's really seems to live up to the hype. At least in terms of raw power. Nova would still kick his ass tough. :)

God, he better!

I liked when an alternate Iron Man was taken out in Exiles and Morph spend half an hour spitting in his eye holes.

Stark has been lucky enough to have the ones who could kill his ass sucking his thumb. I really want Nick Fury to be the one to kick Stark off his high horse.

Because Fury is jealous he didn't do this first with tons more illegal activity?

Why would Fury be jealous? He doesn't need the SHRA. He already had a superhuman army because he could already blackmail whichever hero he wanted into running whatever missions he wanted.

Because Tony took over his job then? Because in all truth, A Tony/Fury battle is like a kettle/black fight.

He showed up in Black Panther, when BP and Storm went to the White House and they tried to make Storm Register which lead to Her and BP walking out, causing SHIELD to try and apprihend her, which caused a riot because of all the people there to see the couple, which made BP's body guards take down the Sentenial armor that Jim was driving, where in which he was nearly killed by the crowd before BP saved him.

Why would Fury be jealous? He doesn't need the SHRA. He already had a superhuman army because he could already blackmail whichever hero he wanted into running whatever missions he wanted.
Or he was on good enough terms with them to just ask for help, yeah.

That, too. I was thinking more of Secret War than pretty much every issue of Captain America for the last five years. :o

where did war maching fit into CW?

He was piloting his War Machine Lite armor and now is brandishing is extremely f'ing awesome up to date armor courtesy Tony Stark.

Yes, Fury is the dick to end all *****. He's kind of a lovable dick, though, so I'd root for him.

Eh. Fury had his charm, but only because he had so long for us to like him. Tony's been head of things for what? A few months? lol

That, too. I was thinking more of Secret War than pretty much every issue of Captain America for the last five years. :o

Agreed. Secret War was pretty much the end all be all of "What's been done that's far worse than Tony has done."

So what happens when he has to go to the bathroom? Is there some sort of storage or recepticle in there?

Yes, actually. I'm pretty sure he's made a mention about that before, and I know he actually stores water in his armor so he doesn't dehydrate, so it would only make sense.

hey why not astroanuts pee in their suits, armored heroes could too I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"