Is anyone going through Spidey withdrawal?

the movie was diaspointing. critics call the game disapointing. I haven't played it.

Even the Spider-Man 3 cereal was disapointing. Seriously. Don't buy the cereal. It's not that good.

I never did waste a lot of time speculating about the movie here... just checked in on the progress now and then.

There was NO WAY to spend HOURS and HOURS speculating, imagining, wishing, hoping and just completely making up stuff about this movie and NOT feel let down.

But as for the actual movie...I've seen it 7 times, loved it, and will probably see it a few more before it leaves the theatres.

I loved seeing all those Spider-man images on products in stores so I collected as many as I ran across. We ate the parishables and kept the packaging. I have a nice collection in a big plastic tub. :yay:

But Spider-Man for me is SO MUCH bigger than the movies... I have the cartoon series on DVD, read the current and old comics and have discovered that there are even great stories to be told in novel form too.

Come to think of it... that all started when I was going through Spidey withdrawl after SM2 left the theatres. So my suggestion to the depressed... go out and explore your other Spidey "options." :yay:

After the disappointment of SM3, I've found myself re-reading The Birth of Venom TPB and watching YouTube uploads on SM:TAS' Symbiote Saga. So I suppose some good came out of the movie- I became so depressed I fell back onto the classics (which aren't half bad even now in comparison).

Plus,I'm wondering if Raimi,Maguire and Dunst will all be back. It's really a very uncertain future for us Spidey fans,as far as the future of the franchise is concerned.

Although we all have the DVD and score to look forward to later this year.

Honestly, I'd rather wait another 5 to 8 years and see a whole new creative team handle Spidey. Nothing against Raimi, I mean I'll always love his Spidey movies and I know that without him making Spider-man the huge success it was we probably wouldn't have had the Super hero boom we had these past coupple of years, but I really would like to see something new.

To be honest, I've never liked the way Raimi handled Spidey. To me having Spider-man have a personality and act differently then how he acts when he's Peter Parker is as much an importance to the character as the dual identity of Batman is to the Bruce Wayne character.

I thank Raimi for the three good movies he's given us, but in all honesty I'd rather see someone new take over.

You think that's bad? Spider-Man 3 came out on the day I finished high school.

It's really depressing.

lol well guys im sure sad its gone. i mean everyone at school called me the nerd cuz i love spidey but im social and semipopular. but everyone would ask me "how long till spiderman 3?" and i would answer like " two days" id say "two days, four hours, sixteen minutes.... o and 12,11,10" lol it was so fun literally counting to the second. ah math class

I guess this may happen for Spider-man fanatics like myself,but does anyone else feel kinda depressed about the fact that Spider-man 3 has come and gone? Despite how you felt about the movie itself,it's like,for over a year now(or even longer)we've all been counting the days untill the film was released. And every little clip or new pic we got made us wishing May 4th was here even sooner. The anticipation was building. Now,the film has been out for over a month and will probably be out for only a another month or two. As much as I loved Spidey 3,I'm kinda disappointed about Venom/Brock's lack of screen time. And I did feel a little let down by how many people didn't like the movie(although the majority loved it).
I've also noticed that most of the Spider-man books,food items;etc are all being pulled from store shelves to make room for other films. I felt this way after the first two films as well. Now we have to wait untill,what,2009-10 for Spidey 4? Plus,I'm wondering if Raimi,Maguire and Dunst will all be back. It's really a very uncertain future for us Spidey fans,as far as the future of the franchise is concerned.

Although we all have the DVD and score to look forward to later this year.

Thats what the Hype does to you buddy... go figure... you can never enjoy a movie the way it is meant to be enjoyed by reading up and getting your hands on every little thing before its release... no coincidence you felt the same way about SM1,2 and probably every other movie you pre hyped... it comes with the territory... but thats who we are and we need to accept the consequences that comes with being Hypers

I watched the leaked comic-con trailer recently, and I got pretty sad. I'll never forget seeing Brock in the church, or Venom's appearance at the end of it. I loved the movie, but it could've been so much more.

The only thing I hated was the fact that the SM3 cereal box never actually hit grocery stores. I needed one more Spidey cereal box & that little collection would've been complete!:cmad:
But to answer the question, it does suck that like all the Spidey merchandise & the hype for it all is leaving. Only time I see him at the stores is on some of the taco boxes, popcorn boxes & Capri Sun boxes.:o
I just can't wait till around November when the DVD's released.:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"