Is Dick Grayson doomed, as seen in Batman 666 and Morrison's 5th chapter?

Batman1939us

Civilian
Reaction score
So Morrison says he has a 5 chapter Batman story to tell, Batman and Robin is part 4. In Batman 666, Damien is there when a Batman dies, he says he isn't as good of a Batman as Bruce Wayne or Dick Grayson, and Barbara Gordon's reaction suggests it was Dick that died. So is Dick dead when Bruce comes back? The Nightwing name is back with the Superman books. Bruce isn't dead. Tim Drake is Red Robin. Damian is Robin.

I believe this future won't happen since Batman cheated the devil (the black glove organization) and won.

So Morrison says he has a 5 chapter Batman story to tell, Batman and Robin is part 4. In Batman 666, Damien is there when a Batman dies, he says he isn't as good of a Batman as Bruce Wayne or Dick Grayson, and Barbara Gordon's reaction suggests it was Dick that died. So is Dick dead when Bruce comes back? The Nightwing name is back with the Superman books. Bruce isn't dead. Tim Drake is Red Robin. Damian is Robin.

Everyone's jumpin' the gun and thinking way to far ahead. Enjoy the story in the now. Bruce Wayne (Batman) isn't but he is possibly in the distant past or perhaps an alien world. Nightwing (Dick Grayson) and Damian are fighting crime along with the Network which includes Robin (Tim Drake) and several others. A person who claims to be Batman (Perhaps Jason Todd, but that hasn't been proven) is killing folks.

why's everyone get so hung up on this issue? it was issue 666, morrison wrote a fun story to reflect the devilish issue number. its just a potential future that we'll never actually see come to pass in the comics. it was just a fun one off idea.

besides, didio wanted to kill nightwing long ago, but it didnt happen. so its not gonna happen now.

I think you're right. Morrison recently admitted the importance of issue 666 - for instance, it told us almost two years ago that Dick and Damian would be the new Batman & Robin. Then there's the characters from the issue that will appear in the new Batman & Robin series - Professor Pyg and the Dollotrons are confirmed. Not to mention all that talk of The Devil... 666 is a key issue, and i suspect we'll see Dick die and Damian remain in the Robin role when Bruce returns.

All I read is DC published books. If they kill off Dick Grayson I'll stop buying all monthly's until he returns. I just don't see that happening.

Yeah this is all really putting me off from buying DC comics anymore. Especially in monthly format.

Yeah this is all really putting me off from buying DC comics anymore. Especially in monthly format.

I still buy them just look at my sig and I even ommited some cause I had no space on there. However Dick is my second favorite character in the bat mythos aside from Bruce so without either him or Bruce around I don't think I could really put up with it. Unless they came through with something very original I'd prefer you give me one or the other.

The Dc universe is always changing. Future stories are rarely set in stone. We are seeing seeds of this dark future but we will find that it will not come to pass. Either with the return of Bruce or Dick preventing his death/Damiens dark rise.

i'm betting he Is doomed, gonna get whacked, which'll bring bruce back (figuring nobody else can really pull off being bats but him), and this is part of the bigger plan didio's been hinting at (by saying he wanted nightwing dirtnapped) and that GM more or less spelled out (not to mention he said there was a lot of stuff in the way of villains and plot points from 666 that we'd be seeing come to fruition in his upcoming arcs), but even if they Do whack him, they'll just jason todd him after enough people gripe on here about it, so no worries, right? one more body for the lazerus pit to spit back out a little crazier, that's all.
and a few more issues sold than usual.

Grayson isn't going anywhere, especially after this. actually i think he's gonna be a richer and more important character than he ever was before

The reason Didio wanted to kill him was because he thought the Dick was becoming a redundant character, that narratively he was at a dead end. Tim Drake was the Robin and Batman-in-waiting now and Dick was just hanging around getting raped and breaking up with girlfirends. He was muddying up the equation. It's stupid way of thinking I know but when they needed a big death for Crisis Didio pushed to take the oppurtunity and it was Waid and Johns who talked him out of it. The point is that Dick is clearly not a bereft character anymore, Didio even admitted he was wrong in interview.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"