Isn't the whole point of a message board to DISCUSS things?

Man-Thing

Avenger
Reaction score
If no one reads a post, then does that count as a message?

Why are threads like the "Movie Banter", "What's the last thing you ate?" ect allowed to exist? There's no discussion going on in them, but simple mindless drivel that no one but the poster reads.

Doesn't this qualify for deletion on the fact that it is spam? Don't we have a gamma lounge for that stuff?

I make a motion that these threads be deleted on the basis that they are spam. I also ask that in the future, that threads which do not have any significant amount of quoted posts be deleted after 20 pages.

perhaps, although one could say that if it don't wish to view these threads, then you are more then welcome to ignore them, since they are technically causing no real harm.

we allow a number of them to exist because they appease the masses. In the past, we have removed certain of these threads after a time, such as many of the "association" threads

Mostly they're just to up your post count. For those who would think a high count makes you "elite" or respected.

And I guess some people think they're fun.

Mee said:
Mostly they're just to up your post count. For those who would think a high count makes you "elite" or respected.

And I guess some people think they're fun.

Yeah. It's all about the post count, and its also fun. Therefore, there is nothing wrong with their existence.

M.E.H.Z.E.B said:
Yeah. It's all about the post count, and its also fun. Therefore, there is nothing wrong with their existence.
A couple of them are amusing, like the Three Word Story thread.

Personally I don't see why these things matter in Community. The community is meant for useless banter and to have fun, the mods are ridiculously ******ed when it comes to the community forum, had they been smart they'd keep the Politics forum and make a forum called "Junk-Yard" for ridiculous posts and they'd be fine, but marko= teh dumb and the mods= ridiculously ******ed, so the community is a cess-pool.

Edit: Some mods are cool but rather than cause a rivalry and to keep you all humble, you all suck :mad:

Get rid of post counts and everything ewill be ok

Man-Thing said:
If no one reads a post, then does that count as a message?

Why are threads like the "Movie Banter", "What's the last thing you ate?" ect allowed to exist? There's no discussion going on in them, but simple mindless drivel that no one but the poster reads.

Doesn't this qualify for deletion on the fact that it is spam? Don't we have a gamma lounge for that stuff?

I make a motion that these threads be deleted on the basis that they are spam. I also ask that in the future, that threads which do not have any significant amount of quoted posts be deleted after 20 pages.

A whole slew of the association threads were taken out during the '04-'05 purging.

There was also a suggestion that the 'association' threads and other 'mindless' 'game' threads have their own forum. It's something which CS has and personally I'd like to see it tried here to see how it works. :)

Until then, ignore it and you'll be fine. ;)

Movies205 said:
Personally I don't see why these things matter in Community. The community is meant for useless banter and to have fun, the mods are ridiculously ******ed when it comes to the community forum, had they been smart they'd keep the Politics forum and make a forum called "Junk-Yard" for ridiculous posts and they'd be fine, but marko= teh dumb and the mods= ridiculously ******ed, so the community is a cess-pool.

Edit: Some mods are cool but rather than cause a rivalry and to keep you all humble, you all suck :mad:

I wish they'd bring back the political forum as well. :(

I personally would love to trash the association and I have been doing my best to stop new ones from forming, but there is really only so much that can be done without being called a Nazi

twylight said:
A whole slew of the association threads were taken out during the '04-'05 purging.

There was also a suggestion that the 'association' threads and other 'mindless' 'game' threads have their own forum. It's something which CS has and personally I'd like to see it tried here to see how it works. :)

Until then, ignore it and you'll be fine. ;)

I wish they'd bring back the political forum as well. :(

I would agree with twylight, but you know what happened the last time anyone listened to what twylight said :(

twylight said:

I agree. They should have their own section, and have posts in that section not affect post count. Then, people who think they're fun and actually want to post in them for their own right can, and no one else can really complain about them.

However, if I were you I wouldn't defend an idea by stating CS has it :p.

As a newbie, I'd like to say that a couple of the "offending" threads are very easy places to visit, very low pressure. Being new on a board can make one a little shy. "Am I as knowledgable as these other posters?"

But I do know what I made for dinner. And I do know what kind of music I'm listening to. And because of those gentle, "beginner" threads, I now know what some of the other board members like for music, and to eat, or who their favorite superhero is. Inocuous fun, and an easy way to ease into a the SHH boards.

Mods and veteran posters may also notice that these threads have VERY FEW arguments and insults in them. Like I said, an easy place to start. Now I'm comfortable posting anywhere on the board.

Thank you,
Mark

Dew k. Mosi said:
I personally would love to trash the association and I have been doing my best to stop new ones from forming, but there is really only so much that can be done without being called a Nazi

So???
Let them call you a Nazi.
BTW,
If I were a mod, I would show this tool what it really means to be a mod.:up:

Movies205 said:

I think the people who think they are "fun" should get Mavis Beacon teaches typing or something. If all else fails, they could use Notepad.:up:

Super Mark said:
As a newbie, I'd like to say that a couple of the "offending" threads are very easy places to visit, very low pressure. Being new on a board can make one a little shy. "Am I as knowledgable as these other posters?"

But I do know what I made for dinner. And I do know what kind of music I'm listening to. And because of those gentle, "beginner" threads, I now know what some of the other board members like for music, and to eat, or who their favorite superhero is. Inocuous fun, and an easy way to ease into a the SHH boards.

Mods and veteran posters may also notice that these threads have VERY FEW arguments and insults in them. Like I said, an easy place to start. Now I'm comfortable posting anywhere on the board.

Thank you,
Mark
need%20a%20hug.jpg

Make a forum full of these useless threads and make it so your post count doesn't go up when you post in there.

Also, bring back the polictical forum and the V for Vendetta forum.

Lackey said:
I would agree with twylight, but you know what happened the last time anyone listened to what twylight said :(
you mean when she said Barabus should go free?

Elijya said:
you mean when she said Barabus should go free?

A little birdie told me that you went el-loco when you banned a poster for making fun of your ridiculousness, of course that what a little birdie told me, so perhaps it was Jesus she was saying should go free, and your the metaphorical Jew.

Of course, I stick by what I said Community is a cess-pool, and the ridiculous attempts at trying to turn a cess-pool into that beautiful and lovely community pool down the street would be and is futile, but have fun trying, kids :up:

Tangled Web said:
Make a forum full of these useless threads and make it so your post count doesn't go up when you post in there.

Also, bring back the polictical forum and the V for Vendetta forum.
Come on, now you're just asking for the world. :mad:

I hate the "last film you watched", "last apple you ate" "last feaces you defacated" style threads.

They should all be locked.

Movies205 said:
Of course, I stick by what I said Community is a cess-pool, and the ridiculous attempts at trying to turn a cess-pool into that beautiful and lovely community pool down the street would be and is futile, but have fun trying, kids :up:
inside-batman-review.jpg
Community is not beyond saving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"