• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

It's a sport?!

Deep Thinkin'!

show meh dem fangs
Reaction score
Today I got in an argument with one of my good friends whether rollerblading was a sport or not.

I've been rollerblading since I was little, I was on a team when I got older but never competed.

I've researched it some, and it is a sport according to books, just not very popular like the main sports that involve a ball.

My pal said that it's like saying cheerleading is a sport. I hate cheerleading and cheerleaders, so as much as I'd like to agree with her about that, I can’t, because several books say that it is in reality a sport.

I know there are several other activities that are definitely sports, but not considered because they don't have anything to do with a ball.

What is your opinion?

I'd consider it a sport, by my understanding ( I could be wrong) a sport is something that has a certain set of given rules, by which people compete at a physical level. A ball does not determine if something is a sport or not

I'm pretty sure that a sport has to have rules.

Freakin' aye, they've got a sport for everything these days except toasting bread.

They need to make pencil fighting a sport. I'm gold medal material.

I got miffed because my friend is more inactive in sports than I am, which is bad.

She doesn't know jack about sports, so she barely had any right to say something isn't a sport when she didn't even know what it was all about. :cmad:

Sorry, I had to vent. :csad:

nop,e thjat is a game. at my school, theres a huge debate wether ultimate frisbee is a sport to wich i say hell no!

in this modern age, there is no definitive definition of sport

just do it

nike

I believe that a sport must have rules, competitions, and be athletic.

They need to make pencil fighting a sport. I'm gold medal material.

Is that where you try to break each others pencil...

I so ruled at that in Middle School.

yo excel what happened on 10/27/04 at 11:27 pm that was great?

boston red sox won the world series :D

actually i have graduatred from it; i have a bro there who tells me about it. i put ultimate frisbee in the same category i would put dodgeball in. its a game. not a sport. sports have to national recognized.

Sex is a sport as long as a stopwatch is involved.

boston red sox won the world series :D

actually i have graduatred from it; i have a bro there who tells me about it. i put ultimate frisbee in the same category i would put dodgeball in. its a game. not a sport. sports have to national recognized.

In that case, Frisbee is a sport. They have nationals. :huh:

hell no its not a sport, its an 'extreme' sport, you are taking the competition out of it, making it about yourself.

i hate 'extreme' sports. enjoy ruining real sports.

hell no its not a sport, its an 'extreme' sport, you are taking the competition out of it, making it about yourself.

i hate 'extreme' sports. enjoy ruining real sports.

What happened to make you hate them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"