It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Part 2

How have I never seen this??

Also, happy 79th, Danny!

I'm curious as to why the podcast is still on hiatus when the SAG/WGA strikes have been over for months and they've done live shows in the meantime.

I wanted so badly to see their live show in Philly!

Also I just want an excuse to visit Philly again.

I beg your pardon…?

Although to be fair, I’m not sure I’d say Glenn is that much more famous than Lee Pace.

No. No thank you, Frank. Her blouse is covered in cigarette burns, and I imagine that underneath that blouse, you’ll find copious amounts of road rash, probably sustained in some sort of off-roaring accident. Which would also explain her lip, although something tells me the two are unrelated. Either way, she’s North Dakota trash through and through, and far beneath a gentlemen such as myself.

Uhh, miss? Six more beers.

No. No thank you, Frank. Her blouse is covered in cigarette burns, and I imagine that underneath that blouse, you’ll find copious amounts of road rash, probably sustained in some sort of off-roaring accident. Which would also explain her lip, although something tells me the two are unrelated. Either way, she’s North Dakota trash through and through, and far beneath a gentlemen such as myself.

Uhh, miss? Six more beers.
Gotta keep your eyes open for those gecko tats.

I have a feeling they're going to try and keep the show going even if Danny dies.

As much as I can't even think about a world without Danny DeVito, the show would absolutely pay tribute to him if he were to go before it ends.

At first I thought they'd end the show after they beat the record for longest running comedy series but now I'm not so sure. On the one hand, they're busy enough that they don't really need Sunny anymore. The fact that they pretty much quit the podcast cold turkey seemed like enough of a hint. But on the other hand, I think they genuinely enjoy keeping the show going if only to commentate on current events the best they can, and lately they've even been outdoing South Park in that department.

As much as I can't even think about a world without Danny DeVito, the show would absolutely pay tribute to him if he were to go before it ends.

At first I thought they'd end the show after they beat the record for longest running comedy series but now I'm not so sure. On the one hand, they're busy enough that they don't really need Sunny anymore. The fact that they pretty much quit the podcast cold turkey seemed like enough of a hint. But on the other hand, I think they genuinely enjoy keeping the show going if only to commentate on current events the best they can, and lately they've even been outdoing South Park in that department.
That would suck if the podcast doesn't come back. I enjoyed their conversations on episodes and even when they'd just riff on things like the Emmys.

That said, yeah, they are doing a lot more projects outside of Sunny, which, of course, is good for their careers. Since Wrexham got another promotion, that's definitely going to take up more of Rob's time, as well as Ryan Reynolds.

That would suck if the podcast doesn't come back. I enjoyed their conversations on episodes and even when they'd just riff on things like the Emmys.

That said, yeah, they are doing a lot more projects outside of Sunny, which, of course, is good for their careers. Since Wrexham got another promotion, that's definitely going to take up more of Rob's time, as well as Ryan Reynolds.
I kind of got the hint that the podcast was a bit of a burden for them on top of everything else they're working on. They haven't outright said that the podcast is done but since it's been on hiatus for almost a year I wouldn't hold my breath. At the very least they should keep it going with podcast episodes a couple times a year but maybe not as a rewatch podcast since that takes up too much time and frankly they were getting to a point where they barely talked about the episode at all. Honestly I didn't mind because their banter is just as funny anyway, some of my favorite parts of the podcast had nothing to do with them talking about the show at all, like Charlie's John Wayne as a surfer dude impression. I much prefer that to the opposite, which is breaking down an episode to the point that it becomes a boring lecture that's 4-5 times the length of the original episode of the show itself (looking at you, Office Ladies :o).

I could see producing something for every Monday being a drain, so I think people would be open to occasional episodes. Spacing things out could probably give them time to just do a batch of episodes for one podcast episode.

8Nle3Na.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"