Solo "It's not wise to insult a Wookiee" The Chewbacca thread

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
What do you think? Do you want to Chewie appear in this? And do you want a young, well groomed Chewie?

I would like that. I know Chewie is actually really old and long lived in the extended universe but seeing a young Chewie would be comparable to Baby Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy

No other posts here? For shame.

Haha yeah this section of the Hype has been a little deserted since there's been no new information in a while but hopefully once they start casting etc it should get a bit more energy

Is the actor that subbed in for Peter for parts of TFA going to play Chewie?

With the new trailer I am really pleased to see the Han/Chewie dynamic will be on display. Also, like everybody else I'm all "Who is that other Wookie Chewie appears to be saying goodbye to?"

With the new trailer I am really pleased to see the Han/Chewie dynamic will be on display. Also, like everybody else I'm all "Who is that other Wookie Chewie appears to be saying goodbye to?"

There is or was was a Rumor that we see Chewies Family in this , and now it seems the Rumors are True which makes me extrem Happy that we also get more Backstory from Chewie too

The real chewie :
tumblr_p6we6yX8PQ1vec0xno5_500.gif

I've seen speculation it could be his wife.

Awesomeness.

And man, Chewie losing a wife/kids in the mines would be so frickin' sad. :(

Will they be using Peter Mayhew at all in this (like for close-ups) or is it all another actor?

OK, thanks, just wondered! Peter's great but I know he's faced some health challenges.

Unfortunately Peter is too hobbled these days to do much in the way of action, like in that gif showing the stunt where Chewie slams that Imperial.

I don't know if he was on set, but I think he more or less made himself available to the new guy to get the various little "Wookiee" ticks right.

Was just watching some Chewbacca videos. Looking forward to seeing him the most.

Chewie on set (promotion for #RoarForChange charity campaign):

[YT]EIcgRoJBGVk[/YT]

Here is the new Chewie actor Joonas Suotamo at 3:53 talking about the role and how he went on "Wookiee boot camp" where Peter Mayhew taught him about Chewbacca:

[YT]vVvjZy6sscY[/YT]

Last edited:
E10qCvk.jpg

Here Chewie looks like he's sort of in that Lethal Lothario mode a la "Do you think I'm sexy?"

:sly::sly::sly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"