It's Time for Some Changes at ESPN

TV is TV. If you are upset with their coverage... you can boycott the other stuff. I don't listen to ESPN radio unless the local guys that I like are on. Certainly don't read the magazine. Even ESPN.com is replaceable with sportsline, yahoo, or the league sites. I've taken advantage of that a lot moreso than espn.com. They still have talented people who are some of the best in the business, but the crap that they put on their is easily boycottable.

TV is TV. If you are upset with their coverage... you can boycott the other stuff. I don't listen to ESPN radio unless the local guys that I like are on. Certainly don't read the magazine. Even ESPN.com is replaceable with sportsline, yahoo, or the league sites. I've taken advantage of that a lot moreso than espn.com. They still have talented people who are some of the best in the business, but the crap like Lebron, A-Rod's and Romo's sex life, Tiger, Farve... is easily boycottable.

Last edited:
ESPN is disgusting... another 3 dozen reporters of Farve's front yard to drag this **** out again. I guess the A-Rod thing bought them some time, but now it will be back to 24/7 Farve... until there is another major network out there that is going to compete with them, things are never going to change. They know they have the sports landscape by the balls, now they need to focus on these stupid angles to draw the casual sports fan audience, the reality TV fans, the MTV crowd, and what not.

Todd Shanesy of the Spartansburg (SC) Herald Journal takes ESPN to task for overblowing the Brett Favre retirement story.

Todd Shanesy of a newspaper no one's heard of would accept a job at ESPN in a minute.

exactly...anyone who spends a modicum of time ****ting on ESPN would jump to Bristol in a heartbeat if a job offer was made

ESPN is the empire, there is no viable alternative, so they are going to do as they ****ing please

in short.....**** You, that's why

Still, they've had a real decline in quality in the past 5 years or so. Their radio lineup in particular is just awful, bad show after bad show. And Cowheard is maybe the worst radio host of any genre I've ever heard. He's got a face for radio but not a voice for it.

9 times out of 10, ESPN does a fine job. They report sports related stuff, show highlights and have analysis (albeit some of it being horrible, Kruk). It's when they go crazy with Favre and things like that where they fail.

9 times out of 10, ESPN does a fine job. They report sports related stuff, show highlights and have analysis (albeit some of it being horrible, Kruk). It's when they go crazy with Favre and things like that where they fail.

ESPN goes crazy for Favre because they are planning an "ESPN Favre" network pretty soon, where you will have Chris Berman and Tom Jackson doing commentary of Favre mowing his lawn and Stuart Scott saying "boo-yah" everytime Favre plays a game of darts at a local bar.

Brett Favre starring in The Decision II: Decide Slower.

PTI s okay at times, hardly watch. But lets put it like this. Did the UFL get any ESPN press? ESPN is kinda like MTV, but not as bad. Fuse isn't great, but it shows lots of music videos during daytime still to go with music related stuff like movies and interviews. Versus needs to step up.

That being said, SC can never go 100% downhill as long as it has Top 10 and not top ten plays of the week/day.

PTI s okay at times, hardly watch. But lets put it like this. Did the UFL get any ESPN press? ESPN is kinda like MTV, but not as bad. Fuse isn't great, but it shows lots of music videos during daytime still to go with music related stuff like movies and interviews. Versus needs to step up.

That being said, SC can never go 100% downhill as long as it has Top 10 and not top ten plays of the week/day.

They don't show Minor League Baseball or the NBADL highlights either, because no one gives a ****.

They don't show Minor League Baseball or the NBADL highlights either, because no one gives a ****.

Um, UFL is pro football. Games for season one were shown on VERSUS, HDNet. NESN has stepped up for this year to go along with the other channels. But yeah, there was already rumors of NFL buying it for a minor league system.

Um, UFL is pro football. Games for season one were shown on VERSUS, HDNet. NESN has stepped up for this year to go along with the other channels. But yeah, there was already rumors of NFL buying it for a minor league system.

UFL is pro football the same way Major League Lacross is pro lacrosse.

UFL is pro football the same way Major League Lacross is pro lacrosse.

That made no sense at all.

If the NFL has a lockout in 2011...UFL will rise. If not, then sooner or later NFL will finally have a minor league system.

It doesn't make sense because you're under the assumption the UFL is going to be popular. It's not going to be popular, just like Lacrosse isn't popular, hence why you don't see MLL highlights on SC, because no one cares.

you want UFL or NBA D League highlights, that's what the internet is for

obscure **** no one cares about

I mean, the UFL is on Versus and Versus doesn't even promote that **** or talk about it on their sports show.

Why would ESPN even bother to actively promote something like the United Football League when they don't have broadcasting rights for it? It's just like how they seemingly turned much of a blind eye to the Arena Football League until they took over for NBC in the broadcasting rights department.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"