J.R.R Tolkien Biopic on the way!

Cumberbatch is everyone, and everyone is Cumberbatch.

I suppose he could be a young cs lewis lol!

tumblr_m9e8kfbG0Y1rekivho1_1280.jpg

If Andrew Garfield/Christian Bale/Henry Cavill can play a beloved "american" icon, I'm sure Gosling can manage a british accent.

Gosling and Hiddleston ftw.

Gosling!! The best combination of the right looks and chops for this role.

If they do an older Tolkein at some point in the film, maybe David Bradley?

If Andrew Garfield/Christian Bale/Henry Cavill can play a beloved "american" icon, I'm sure Gosling can manage a british accent.

Gosling and Hiddleston ftw.

Gosling is Canadian so he mighty have a better shot at pulling it off

o_RYAN_GOSLING_COWS_facebook.jpg

I like the ryan gosling suggestion.

mostly because cumberbatch is already Julian Assange.

Tolkien > Assange

:o

Don't want Gosling for Tolkien. He doesn't have that academic flair that Cumberbatch has.

Or just get Micheal Fassbender and Ian McKellen to play old and young Tolkien ;)

I imagine this movie will start in South Africa and then be two and a a half hours and of Tolkien walking around Brimingham and Oxford.

If Tolkien's upbringing was like pre-world war two Birmingham gangsters Peaky Blinders Gosling would be perfect :funny:

tumblr_mwhes2z_J1_J1qbgjzko1_500.jpg

They even got the industrial black smog and fire of early 20th Century Birmingham right which is what inspired Mordor for tolkien
[YT]KpoSvC2wtNE[/YT]
But seriously James D'Arcy and Ben Whishaw are probably a better fit

Last edited:
The world would implode if you had Hiddleston and Cumberbatch in the same film....
No it wouldnt, they were already in the same movie once and we're still going :cwink: (War Horse, btw lol).

No it wouldnt, they were already in the same movie once and we're still going :cwink: (War Horse, btw lol).

Great actors, but seriously, are those two guys ever going to win a fight, ever?

So what's the status on this?

They make this film right it could be an Oscar contender ala The Imitation Game or The Theory of Everything.

Lewis >>>> Tolkien! :argh:

:p

Cast two hot 20-something up and comers as Tolkien and Lewis vying for the love of one person… God! There can be only one.

Team Tolkien vs Team Lewis.

Boom. Commercial blockbuster.

Hi. :) But Jackson is not directing this as a trilogy of 3 hour movies, right?

Waiting for the added love interest of a different race to create a love triangle.

All in the spirit of Tolkien of course.

James Franco as Tolkien and Seth Rogen as Lewis in a bro-com where they smoke a lot of weed to get their ideas.

You know damn well there will be a Tolkien/Lewis team up movie where they're adventurers in their youth and all their stories are based on fantasy escapades they went on. "We're making it a supernatural period piece adventure..it'll be a great tentpole!"

And I do believe someone is now going to steal this idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"