Jackie

Tron Bonne

All Ass, No Sass
Reaction score
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/04/14/exclusive-rachel-weisz-to-play-jackie-kennedy/

The hot spec script Jackie, about the immediate days following President Kennedy’s assassination, is getting the big screen treatment with Academy-Award winning actress Rachel Weisz attached to play the late first lady. Weisz’s fiancee, director Darren Aronofsky (The Wrestler), will direct and produce, along with his producing partner Scott Franklin and their Protozoa Pictures film company. The script had been rumored as a Steven Spielberg-produced telefilm for HBO, but Spielberg is not involved in any way, though his agency, CAA, has put together the package that they are now shopping to the major studios.

CAA declined to confirm, but the script, from Noah Oppenheim, head of development at television production company Reveille, has been a hot commodity at the agency since it came in last month. Jackie, written over period of nights and weekends by Oppenheim, catalogs the four days between JFK’s assassination and his burial, showing the beloved Jackie at both her most vulnerable and her most graceful. Oppenheim heads Reveille’s unscripted department and previously served as the senior producer on The Today Show, running the 7 a.m. hour.
It will be interesting to see how the British-born Weisz will take on the iconic role. We’ll keep you posted on where it lands, but should it all come together, it will mark Weisz and Aronofsky’s second collaboration after 2006’s The Fountain.

Got to hand it to Aronofsky, he definitely attaches himself to some interesting projects and each being pretty different from the last. Could be a very interesting film, but I kind of hope it ends being theatrical, since I don't have HBO. Though, I guess waiting for a DVD/Blu release isn't much nowadays

Intriguing... i'm really curious to see how Weisz plays such an iconic person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"