• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

My Mom Made It For Me: The Superman Suit Thread

2024-05-12 16_24_45-All Star Superman - The Deluxe Edition-290.jpg.png

Checked All-Star Superman's description of the suit.
Definitely kryptonian. If we see Jor-El I expect him to wear something similar. Though I doubt the DCU will use the "all other superheroes are just copying the fashions on Krypton" concept since this universe is ditching the whole "Superman is the first superhero" concept.

Random thought but what if the people on Krypton had to wear like this hyper resistant padded suits or whatever because the radiation or atmosphere there was so ****ed they needed it to protect themselves or something.

I'm more curious as to how they're gonna hide his suit under his Clark Kent disguise.
Maybe he doesn't wear it under his clark clothes. That would be a shame.

In Birthright Ma Kent still made the suit, but modeled it after the images Clark had shown her of Kryptonians from his data crystal or whatever it was.

Anyway, I love this piece, even if it misses on the texture:

If this gives an indication of what the actual full suit will look like, then I think it looks good. Especially as the actual suit will have darker lines/piping that will blend in better than the fan art. The lighter lines in the fan art do make the suit looks busy. So if they are darker in real life and blend in better, then I think the actual suit will look fine.

You can look at that suit and instantly recognize it as being Superman. Which I think is the ultimate test for any variation or adaptation.

I'm more curious as to how they're gonna hide his suit under his Clark Kent disguise.
They'll probably do an Evan Peters and have him change his clothes in slo-mo while an eighties banger plays majestically.

Loving all the new fan art, even if the texture may not quite match the actual suit. All the more reason why we need a full reveal pic of the new suit with David in a more heroic pose lol

I think we may still get a shirt rip, we really have not had a great one in a movie in a very long time(Tyler on tv is the last great one, for me). It is willing suspension of disbelief, Superman man is an alien, who looks perfectly human, can fly, shoot lasers from his eyes, freeze breadth and so forth. I am not going to draw the line at where does he hide the collar. The same can be asked for the cape, and boots. Maybe the collar pops up after the shirt rip?

David's looks and frame just scream Superman. David looks far too good to not get a great shirt rip. If not, I will be greatly disappointed and may riot.

While I'm not a fan of the collar or the New 52 suit, this fan manip looks way better than what we saw revealed. Even I actually think this looks surprisingly good.

View attachment 90216

Huge improvement IMO. The official reveal is still pretty hideous with the existing collar design. I'm still hoping it looks better in a standing photo as well as in motion so I won't make my final judgement until then. However, if we are going to have the collar, I'd prefer it just like this. The straight cut design is again...... IMO... hideous.

These fan-arts are nice, but while they take care to incorporate all the details, I don't feel like they really capture the feeling I get from the unique photo we have.
The more I look at it, the more I get the impression of a retro sci-fi “uniform”. At least, I don't see the suit as tight as it's represented here (and I'm okay with that, the wrinkles look fine and natural to me).

The same way New 52 Supes hid his high collar'd suit.

Somehow.

I like this guy's take. Does the collar look cool, hell no. But a loose one looks a little naive and a little dorky, which fits Superman ok. A sweater-ized Super costume, kinda.

I know tv and film are not entirely the same but Superman fans be acting like the character has been absent from live action for years. When you get all these adaptations, being on the big screen or not...you've been well fed since the 80s.
02beca430b013635982bdf115659d12f4373a31e.jpg

People have a habit of basically acting like only the live action movies "count".

Most of the things fans want in a modern Superman film have already been covered in the TV shows, IMO.

People have a habit of basically acting like only the live action movies "count".

Most of the things fans want in a modern Superman film have already been covered in the TV shows, IMO.
I think the assumption is that movies generally reach a wider audience. Whether that is true or not... 🤷‍♂️

I agree though. I don't feel I've seen the way I like Superman to be portrayed in a live action film to date.

I have seen it on television and in animation though, multiple times.

Huge improvement IMO. The official reveal is still pretty hideous with the existing collar design. I'm still hoping it looks better in a standing photo as well as in motion so I won't make my final judgement until then. However, if we are going to have the collar, I'd prefer it just like this. The straight cut design is again...... IMO... hideous.
In addition to my previous comment here ^^

I will say that even if I'm not a fan of design fully, I'm still willing to enjoy the film and look forward to it. There have been many films I've enjoyed that I was not a fan of the design elements (Here's looking at you "The Batman" Cowl).

I understand that I cannot get everything I want and what pleases me will not please others and vice versa.

Overall, the costume design is fine by me, and I actually like it. I just really hate that straight cut high collar and that is what I was referring to when I said "hideous".

Additionally, some of the fanart designs I've seen here makes me hope to see that yellow S on the cape again as well. While I see the hint of red trunks, I hope it's not the bikini low riding style like in Superman Returns, but I also hope it's not the longer "shorts" type of trunks either but rather something in-between.

If it's a really good film, the nitpicks with the suit can mostly be forgiven. But A few will be vocal tho no matter what.

If it's just a "fair" film, the voices against the suit will be a little louder.

And if, God forbid, it's poor film, then pitchforks and torches will be out, with a loud cry of "that's the worst superman suit ever in the history of ever".

Other than George Reeves, I don't think any of the TV Supermen have made a large mainstream impact.

Film is just a far richer medium, and especially with comic book films, the visuals are as important as the story/dialogue. A lot of those TV images look like "dress up".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"