The Superman Suit thread!

We will also have him in the regular suit, so I dont how that will play out.

It really annoys me because it makes no sense for supes to have a new suit.

The scout ship could provide new suits. Maybe he has input on the designs by speaking to Kelor.
Either way, it's a superhero movie. It doesn't all have to be explained.

Last edited:
No I don't buy that argument. You can take like 20 seconds to explain away a new suit.

What I think is they don't need to have a 10 minute montage showing it being constructed and mailed.

Like in MOS I was perfectly content with there being a suit.

Last edited:
My guess is, when he comes out of the grave, the suit is black and silver as a result of not having received sunlight. Slowly as the sun keeps hitting it, first the dent in the \S/ fixes itself and it's the black suit. Then as time goes on it gets back its original red and blue color. Or possibly he could fly up to the clouds and they could have a cool scene where he regains his strength and the suit returns to its color.

My guess is, when he comes out of the grave, the suit is black and silver as a result of not having received sunlight. Slowly as the sun keeps hitting it, first the dent in the \S/ fixes itself and it's the black suit. Then as time goes on it gets back its original red and blue color. Or possibly he could fly up to the clouds and they could have a cool scene where he regains his strength and the suit returns to its color.

That would be kickass, I hope that is what they do.

That would be kickass, I hope that is what they do.

I just realized he was wearing a normal suit when he was buried. Perhaps the Supes suit is underneath---as a child of two worlds. So what would be cool is, if he emerged and then did the classic Supes shirt rip and then, as sunlight hits the \S/, it repairs itself. Second act he fights with the black suit.

And then finally after the league draws final battle plans---they go go to a calm place to prepare and get ready. Batman goes to the suit, maybe sees a bat flying and broods in front of the suit. Aquaman goes inside the water and does a couple seconds of meditation and really absorbs the mysticism and energy of hydro-power. Flash suits up in super speed. WW maybe kneels with her sword down like a warrior preparing for battle. Cyborg repairs some broken parts of his suit (like an iron man esque) sequence and the robots screw his suit, it lights up and he's ready. Supes flies up and absorbs the sun completely, and his suit returns to the regular color and they're all READY TO GO!

I just realized he was wearing a normal suit when he was buried. Perhaps the Supes suit is underneath---as a child of two worlds. So what would be cool is, if he emerged and then did the classic Supes shirt rip and then, as sunlight hits the \S/, it repairs itself. Second act he fights with the black suit.

And then finally after the league draws final battle plans---they go go to a calm place to prepare and get ready. Batman goes to the suit, maybe sees a bat flying and broods in front of the suit. Aquaman goes inside the water and does a couple seconds of meditation and really absorbs the mysticism and energy of hydro-power. Flash suits up in super speed. WW maybe kneels with her sword down like a warrior preparing for battle. Cyborg repairs some broken parts of his suit (like an iron man esque) sequence and the robots screw his suit, it lights up and he's ready. Supes flies up and absorbs the sun completely, and his suit returns to the regular color and they're all READY TO GO!

Eh that is a little too cheesy, now I wouldn't be opposed to a massive suit up sequence but just not done in that way. As for him not wearing his suit, I think it is more likely that either Lois or Martha has it.

Eh that is a little too cheesy, now I wouldn't be opposed to a massive suit up sequence but just not done in that way. As for him not wearing his suit, I think it is more likely that either Lois or Martha has it.

That's quite possible. Or as someone suggested, they go back to the scout ship and he finds another suit that is black. But how it becomes blue later on? No clue.

Eh, all the heroes standing back to back in a circle, flourishing their weapons is cheesy. Doesn't mean that the scene in Avengers wasn't both fully earned and fully awesome. Superman's costume being restored by the light of the sun could be similar.

That's quite possible. Or as someone suggested, they go back to the scout ship and he finds another suit that is black. But how it becomes blue later on? No clue.

I did like the transformative capabilities of the new52 suit. I wouldn't be opposed to his suit just turning it's proper colors.

I think the technological properties of the suit should be explored, it did get hit by a nuke in BvS without a scratch. Like suggested many times maybe it can be nano technology, explaining how he always has it handy. Maybe it can change appearance/colours, it's an area I'd love them to explore in MoS 2.

I think the technological properties of the suit should be explored, it did get hit by a nuke in BvS without a scratch. Like suggested many times maybe it can be nano technology, explaining how he always has it handy. Maybe it can change appearance/colours, it's an area I'd love them to explore in MoS 2.

Question : Is the misspelling in your username on purpose?

Martha makes him a new one. :)

Doesn't seem likely, judging from the group pic, but I care not. I've seen the idea of Mommy making him clothes described as "saccharine", but it feels small-minded to make avoiding that such a priority that you'd go out of your way to limit the mother's contribution towards his identity. From that angle it's no different than Alfred making Bruce cowls with wee ears on them, apart from the matter of the durability of the materials -- which you could explain away in so many seconds with any superfluous logic. Earth Mom giving Clark his new suit would be both mega-poignant and thematically meaningful.

If the scout ship can make suits, then the argument may come up that his best pal Bruce may ask him to make him a suit that is near indestructible. Then again, the Kryptonian suit may be from a material that is very heavy on earth, which wouldn't be practical for the Batman. So many ways to describe the suits. But its minute detail. I'm not going to worry about it.

But if the story and the movie is really good, I can definitely see the negative nancys calling this out as a flaw, or as they like to use the misnomer "plot hole" :whatever:

No, his mom making it is just nostalgia talking, it being kryptonian chainmail is perfect as it won't get shredded the instant he gets superpunched. Next thing you'll be suggesting is they give him trunks when it looks like we've finally moved on from them.

Last edited:
If I had my way it'll be this:
Rebirth-Superman-concept-art-DC-Rebirth-2.jpg

No, his mom making it is just nostalgia talking, it being kryptonian chainmail is perfect as it won't get shredded the instant he gets superpunched. Next thing you'll be suggesting is they give him trunks when it looks like we've finally moved on from them.

I agree completely and can't believe people are actually suggesting this. Even if we get past the fact that 30-something grown man wears a costume his mother sewed him, which durable material is Ma Kent supposed to use? All Leaguers wear armor of some sort, it would be beyond ridiculous to see Superman going into battle in a homemade, cotton costume.

If the suit needs sunlight to have a red and blue color scheme, why wasn't it black when Superman first got it?

If the suit needs sunlight to have a red and blue color scheme, why wasn't it black when Superman first got it?

It was still sort of lit when he got the suit. Here in the grave it's pitch dark and covered by his regular suit.

I feel like there's a possibility we may not even get the black suit at all. Some of the way the Doomsday feature factored into BvS turned out to be shockingly disappointing, when one, you didn't expect Snyder to do the death of Superman story so soon and in another movie that is about Batman and Superman, and two, Snyder had the whole trinity fighting Doomsday, three, Superman's costume didn't rip and tear off like it did in the comics when battling Doomsday, and no blood, and four, we don't even get a proper comic book tribute shot of Lois holding Superman in her arms...but we got Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns comic book cover shot in the film.

It's likely we won't get to see the black suit which I'd be disappointed by. Not that I want him to wear the black suit for the entire movie, and not wear the classic suit which would be bad, but I want to see him wear the black suit after he comes back from the dead.

I would imagine we'll see some version of the black suit. Cavill himself has teased it, and we've already seen a nod the suit with his silver and black Superman coffin.

There's a pretty clear nod to Lois holding Superman after his death, except that he's resting on her lap in the film, and she's caressing and kissing his face, which is a more intimate moment anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"