BvS The Superman suit Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get the hate for MOS..? I thought it really dove into who Clark is and what makes him superman.

We got a more in-depth look at almost every aspect of his world. Instead of 3 minutes on some abstract Krypton we get 20 minutes and a relationship between Zod and Jor-el. We also know why zod shows up so pissed, instead of just "hey yallz, I'm here, pissed and you should kneel before me.

We see Clark saving countless people under falsified names during his journey to find his origin. We see him making the bigger decisions to control his anger, like with the ass at the bar.

We got a great performance from both of Clark's parents and their struggle to protect a boy who could go bad at any moment and kill everyone on the planet.

We even get a nice nod to Supermans original powers when his leaping big heights before learning to fly.

We got a Superman that bled and got knocked out several times. They established that he's not the boring indestructible character most people say he is and they did it without kryptonite.

And he saves the world knowing the WE could weaken him or kill him so he was obviously ready to sacrifice himself for the world.

And finally, he was a superman that had to make a tough, real life decision to kill someone so that a group of innocents could live. I think it was the Superman film fans have been begging for, some just don't know it yet...

Well stated!! I fully agree with your synopsis. It had everything we wanted to see and more. The size and scale of this film was epic. Synder took Superman's rich comic career and fashioned a unique cinematic vision of a man coming of age and recognizing his place in the world...ultimately becoming a hero and symbol for hope.

I just hope we get this:

hZKUJZa.jpg

...or you could just adjust the color on your television. As far as real changes to the suit, other than the movie logo being on his chest and changes in the boots as I've expressed my desire for, I think that a wider "belt" would be nice with the same texture as the piping along his waist.

Check this out it has some quite interesting things besides those mentioned earlier.
[YT]se4VVM5d1Ww#t=101[/YT]
Wilkinson confirms that Henry has weared the new man of steel suit back in November to do some camera shots.
Can't wait to see the new suit. Show us now :argh:
And production till december? that's a long time. Is really there a possibility that will be filming back-to-back two films?

I actually wonder though on how, story wise, Clark could even make any type of adjustments to his suit given that most of the Scout ship was destroyed and I doubt his suit is something that could be modified so easily by Earthly materials. I guess it'll just be one of those things that audiences will have to accept naturally.

I actually wonder though on how, story wise, Clark could even make any type of adjustments to his suit given that most of the Scout ship was destroyed and I doubt his suit is something that could be modified so easily by Earthly materials. I guess it'll just be one of those things that audiences will have to accept naturally.
wilkinson has said there will be tweaks. that sounds to me like there will only be subtle differences

You know, I just thought about it. There were more suits on the scout ship...on the corpses. Maybe Superman kept them. Besides, no one knows where he "hangs his cape" or whatever else he has stashed.

You know, I just thought about it. There were more suits on the scout ship...on the corpses. Maybe Superman kept them. Besides, no one knows where he "hangs his cape" or whatever else he has stashed.
This can be answered by the nanotech suit if it's really that thing as the command key... But one thing for sure is that the cape is kryptonian.

I really didn't mind the muted colors myself but also agree that the suit would look better with brighter vibrant colors all of these fantastic manips above purely prove this.

tumblr_n1ztnrheT21smugg3o1_1280.jpg

What about these colors?

Those are my ideal colors, the super bright yellow works on some suits and in the comics, but the more subtle yellow is a much better fit for this suit. Love the richer red and blue as well.

This can be answered by the nanotech suit if it's really that thing as the command key... But one thing for sure is that the cape is kryptonian.

I mentioned the nanotech suit before, I was just throwing in some extra suggestions. It also makes me wonder if Superman has collected Zod's suit as well. Now I'm curious as to what the dead Kryptonian's suits look like. I know that one of the council leaders had a red one.

This is an un-edited still from the movie. I wish the colours of the suit looked like this all the time.
Man_of_Steel281080p29_SCREENCAPS_KISSTHEMGOODBYE_NET_1265.jpg

Those are pretty nice colors.

Also, Clark and his Ma are cute.

The suit's blue, under normal/proper lighting, is fine as it is. Most of the manips I've seen end up making it a little too teal or a little too purple. With luck, Snyder and/or Fong will show it in all its glory this time around.

7554847556_a75e1e4b39_b.jpg

The suit's blue, under normal/proper lighting, is fine as it is. Most of the manips I've seen end up making it a little too teal or a little too purple. With luck, Snyder and/or Fong will show it in all its glory this time around.

7554847556_a75e1e4b39_b.jpg

Magneto-perfection.gif

There's very little I want changed if anything. If the suit was identical I wouldn't shed a single tear.

The fault lies moreso in the choice of color correction in post. The very contrasted bluish/orange hue is the "in" choice for color correction in blockbusters these days. I do wish they'd tone it down a bit in the sequel. More Watchmen than MOS as far as the color grading would be awesome.

There's very little I want changed if anything. If the suit was identical I wouldn't shed a single tear.

Ditto.

There really are just "tweaks" that need to be made for the suit to be perfect.

But if they were to add the tights, particularly in the manner I just posted and they intended, I wouldn't complain.

But all we should really expect are tweaks to tighten the design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"