Justice League Superman: Black Suit or Blue/Red Suit?

From what I recall, Zack agrees on the red and blues being the right and proper suit for Superman to wear, regardless of resurrection. Though I do feel it may be something he changes in hindsight, now that everyone is expecting the black suit from him.

Last edited:
Blue and red all the way as my "favorite suit" But...... I NEED to have and see the Black suit after his resurrection. It was blasphemous that Whedon took that away from us.

So happy to have you back Mr. Snyder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather they not show the black suit and leave that for years later when a filmaker comes along and wants to do the death and return storyline proper justice with more depth and a better build up after Superman has had 3 successful movies under his belt. Feels a waste to do the black suit for the very first time in such a weak manner.

I'd rather they not show the black suit and leave that for years later when a filmaker comes along and wants to do the death and return storyline proper justice with more depth and a better build up after Superman has had 3 successful movies under his belt. Feels a waste to do the black suit for the very first time in such a weak manner.

I agree with this. The death was rushed imo. and most of what has happened doesnt seemed earned.
still its fun to speculate

I mean, we've seem the black suit several times in animation, and already seen it in live action in MAN OF STEEL.

The comics pretty much just had him in it for the third act of the death and return storyline so they could start selling their edgier Superman of the 90's.

I don't see any issues with how Snyder was apparently planning to use it, from the standpoint of using the suit. The suit doesn't have much to do with the complexity of Superman's death storyline, it's just what he's historically worn when he comes back to life in the comics.

I mean, we've seem the black suit several times in animation, and already seen it in live action in MAN OF STEEL.

The comics pretty much just had him in it for the third act of the death and return storyline so they could start selling their edgier Superman of the 90's.

I don't see any issues with how Snyder was apparently planning to use it, from the standpoint of using the suit. The suit doesn't have much to do with the complexity of Superman's death storyline, it's just what he's historically worn when he comes back to life in the comics.

If its going to be used the way ive heard it may be used then i personally have a problem with it. If Supermans costume is gonna start off black and gradually turn red and blue over time that kind of annoys me. Since when has it ever been established that Supermans suit is a mood ring? Lol. It screams style over substance, the very thing people accuse Snyder of doing. If it simply turns out that its another suit in the fortress, then it raises the question why Superman didnt use that suit instead of the red and blue to begin with. It raises more questions than answers. Also to say the black suit was in MOS is disingenuous in my opinion. I dont believe a dream sequence counts as it wasn't tangable or real it was mearly an easter egg for us nerds.

Did you watch the live stream the other day? He described the suit basically as everyday clothes for Kryptonians, so I'd probably rule out an organic colour change situation.

I remember Zack explaining that the suit is basically Kryptonian chainmail underwear of their more regal designs. Every Kryptonian has that skin suit sitting underneath their armor, dress's, tunics, etc.

But Kryptonian technology within' the scout ship is designed to make changes if needed I believe and cook up added details or attributes depending on battle or situation.

This is still my favorite manip of the black suit. Clean AF.

587cfd790d7a0b109f9dc42b4b557763.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"