Superman Returns "yellow spandex" scene in Superman Returns

SuperNewGuy

Civilian
Reaction score
Wesyeed had a thread going about how Singer might address our gripes about the suit, kinda like the "would you prefer yellow spandex?" scene in X-men. For unknown reasons the thread mysteriously disappeared, so I thought I'd bring it back. I can't remember what everyone else said, but I thought a good idea would be if Lex said something along the lines of "loosen up a little......don't be so tight under the collar". Any other ideas?

Lex Luthor "well well...it's Superman! wow, you're lookin' in great shape! haven't aged a day!"

or maybe...

Random dude "Dang Slim! That's a tight out-fit! (instead of BAD outfit)
WOOOO!!!"

"What would you prefer? A suit without all these neat little shapes molded into it?"

I got nothing.

Cool, thanks for bringing her back. I like that suggestion too sng.

Mine were, if I can remember them...

Jason: Nobody likes me

Lex: I preferred your old suit.

Jason: You're bald ;)

Supes: you're a sick twisted clown luthor.

Lex: I prefer psychotic, superman.

DorkyFresh said:
Lex Luthor "well well...it's Superman! wow, you're lookin' in great shape! haven't aged a day!"

or maybe...

Random dude "Dang Slim! That's a tight out-fit! (instead of BAD outfit)
WOOOO!!!"

haha, I forgot about that "bad out-FIT" guy. That'd be pretty funny if they had some kind of similar scene in SR :up: ........I could be wrong, but wasn't it "Say, Jim!" instead of "Dang, Slim!"?

SuperNewGuy said:
haha, I forgot about that "bad out-FIT" guy. That'd be pretty funny if they had some kind of similar scene in SR :up: ........I could be wrong, but wasn't it "Say, Jim!" instead of "Dang, Slim!"?

yeah...i changed it up a bit, but to make it still sound similar.

instead of "Hey Jim! That's a bad out-fit!" he'd say "Hey Slim! That's a tight out-fit!"

I am thinking we have already seen one of those scenarios in the trailer:

JASON: You're bald.

LEX: Cute kid.

If you think about it that little back and forth touches upon the insertion of the kid and Lex's wigs. Just a thought.

Random teenager to another random teenager who sees Superman flying: Dude, that suit is totally gay.

Another one like that might have come from Olsen, show.

"Fearless reporter Lois lane is a mommy... I know I couldn't believe it either... And she's with a new guy now named Richard, but if you ask me... she's still in love with you know who..."

I said something about Lex saying he remembered the \S/ being bigger...

Could be funny, lol.

1) "Which wwould you prefer, black rubber?"

2) "Which wwould you prefer, black leather?"

hey wassup everyone, and all..... Yeah the Yellow Spandex would be pretty cool, lets not take this too seriously now...

SuperNewGuy said:
Wesyeed had a thread going about how Singer might address our gripes about the suit, kinda like the "would you prefer yellow spandex?" scene in X-men. For unknown reasons the thread mysteriously disappeared, so I thought I'd bring it back. I can't remember what everyone else said, but I thought a good idea would be if Lex said something along the lines of "loosen up a little......don't be so tight under the collar". Any other ideas?

I hate when they do that. Totally reminds you that you are watching a comicbook movie. Why can't Singer just let these things slide?

chi-boy said:
I hate when they do that. Totally reminds you that you are watching a comicbook movie. Why can't Singer just let these things slide?
Because, even though it is not to you, it is fun to others. That joke and the Superman joke in Spider-man both got laughs from the audience every time I saw the movies.

no wait... really when I watched that yellow spandex scene it honestly took me out of the moment too, hard to explain. I got a chuckle of course, but yeah it was awkward to hear in that scene because it's so specific. He could have just said spandex, didn't have to be yellow... that's the awkward part.

Anywai, here's another.

Superman: Why'd you have to bring Jason into all this.

Lex: I should ask you that question.

Wesyeed said:
no wait... really when I watched that yellow spandex scene it honestly took me out of the moment too, hard to explain. I got a chuckle of course, but yeah it was awkward to hear in that scene because it's so specific. He could have just said spandex, didn't have to be yellow... that's the awkward part.
Well of course it is. They are single moments of self-referencing. These movies are quite aware that they are comic-book movies and they enjoy the fun of it.

I know. Im just saying a more subtle approach could have been done I think... I Like the part at the end of the trailer with clark walking in..... I think singer should self referrence without making them too obvious...

like "holy rusted metal batman." from batman forever. or something like that. that's too obvious. funny though but still...

in my opinion he's gotten better at it.

Wesyeed said:
I know. Im just saying a more subtle approach could have been done I think... I Like the part at the end of the trailer with clark walking in..... I think singer should self referrence without making them too obvious...

like "holy rusted metal batman." from batman forever. or something like that. that's too obvious. funny though but still...

in my opinion he's gotten better at it.
To each his own. I'm not usually a fan of tongue-in-cheek winks at the audience but in those instances in X-Men and the Spider-man movies, I think they work realy well.

If I had the power, i'd make my own, everybody's own and we'd all be happy.

Lex: Nice shower curtain superman. (referring to superman's cape)

no, that's no good.

How about-

Lex: you've always lacked style superman, but this ensemble is on a completely different level of terrible.

Lex: (to Superman the first time he sees him again) "Have you lost weight?"

Binker said:
1) "Which wwould you prefer, black rubber?"

2) "Which wwould you prefer, black leather?"
this would just be a cruel cruel dig at marvel, i kinda like it....

Showtime029 said:
I am thinking we have already seen one of those scenarios in the trailer:

JASON: You're bald.

LEX: Cute kid.

If you think about it that little back and forth touches upon the insertion of the kid and Lex's wigs. Just a thought.

Yeah, I remember I wrote that on the deleted threads. Isn't it kind of suspicious the threads were deleted instead of locked? Maybe there was some accurate information there.

How about Lois reading an article on teen mothers and shaking her said "Silly kids"

Or her and Clark seeing an add for a teen soap like the OC and remarking "I'm to old for that stuff"

Or as Supes wizzes past at top speed have a guy yell out "JESUS!!!"

skruloos said:
To each his own. I'm not usually a fan of tongue-in-cheek winks at the audience but in those instances in X-Men and the Spider-man movies, I think they work realy well.

One of the things that made Batman Begins so good is that they didn't have those little winky in-jokes....to quote Richard Roeper, no one's winking at the camera going "We're making a comic book movie here!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"