World the ideal Superman suit

Super Kal

Proud Conservative
Reaction score
Since the new Superman suit has a different effect on everyone, I would like to hear what other people would of liked to see. I'm not talking just the Singer suit or the Donner suit or the Lois and Clark suit... if you have a personal design that you think would look cool, please tell us! Post a description, and possibly even a picture of what your ideal Superman suit for you would be. The suit itself would have inside of it billions of micro super computers fixing any damage that happens to it. It would also have sensors to enable a cloaking field which would hep the person to hide themselves in a world as smart as ours.

With the help from demonbull, he has helped me by drawing a pic of what my ideal suit would look like...

I encourage all to share their artistic imagination on what they would like their own suit would look like. I would like it if no one takes a negative approach at someone else's thoughts.

oh come on... 129 views, and not a single post!?

come on people... please be kind enough to make a post.

Yours is good. Honestly, I like the darker colors, and Crimson as opposed to bright red (for a movie adaption). I watched the Reeve films and realized the original suit would look really cheesy in a modern-day movie. This works so much better.

this is the alex ross drawing of tom welling as superman (who i wanted for the movie). i used colors i wanted singer's superman to look like- only a smaller S. not as bright as Reeves's costume, but bright enough for him to stand out and look like a hero.
welling-superman.jpg

I really enjoy those darker colors too. The Superman Returns style would be nice to see in the comics. I also like a kingdom come type color but with the normal Superman symbol.

I seriously think the Tom welling picture and the superman suitt on Tom is fabulous. MY favourite suit, was potrayed in the animated series. Yet an improvement could be a much darker colour, so that its colour is heavily blue tinted much darker---like when its really wet. I know Iknow you are gonna say that its all batman-like. but hey supes futuristic suit was balck and white!

Ok reason for this is coz superman isnow a global icon, where the blue signifies the UN, and the darker deco suggesting maturity (black in power-dressing) with age. Yet its not totally black so that he is still approachable. Kinda like spidey's red-blue combi. only for supes darker and less playful.

Its apropriate to reflect the movie...where he needs to be taken seriously, his role will be more critical...and hence a more powerful darkdeco would be helpful, in my opinion.

I didn't do the manip, but the suit and the body looks a lot more like Superman than what Routh/Nolan are giving us.

2005-12-28_153950_supermanscan.jpg

JBElliott said:
I didn't do the manip, but the suit and the body looks a lot more like Superman than what Routh/Nolan are giving us.

Looks lame man...

I think theres a reason they went with the suit we got for SR. It just works so much better with the epic cinematic look of the film.

Going back and watching the Reeve films, the bright red colors and the his design of suit just looked cheesy! It wouldnt fit well in a modern day picture with a 200 mil budget like this.

The smaller sheild also looks way sleeker and neater than the hugeass billboard of a shield (which looks kinda silly).

Mentok said:
Jesus... I'm gagging and vomiting at the same time! :(
Ditto. This picture is right up there with some of the Burton designs. Crap to the Nth degree.

Brighter red, higher trunks, wider neckline, no S on belt. His cape looks good in the new movie.

That'd be beautiful for the sequel. I want them to make things better for the future supes movies. Here in this movie, they kinda experimented with some different design and it doesn't quite look good. He seems to be wearing his superboy costume at his grown up age instead of something that fits. only an opinion, don't kill me.

Crisis Superman said:
Looks lame man...
The smaller sheild also looks way sleeker and neater than the hugeass billboard of a shield (which looks kinda silly).

Jesus... I'm gagging and vomiting at the same time! :(

Ditto. This picture is right up there with some of the Burton designs. Crap to the Nth degree.

this thread was made for people who would like to see something different, and you have no right to bash them just because they like something other than what you want.

kakarot069 said:
this thread was made for people who would like to see something different, and you have no right to bash them just because they like something other than what you want.
I can't speak for Mentok (and I won't try), but I wasn't bashing the person who posted the picture. I was bashing the picture and the fact that it's Tom Welling is in it (you're probably aware that I'm never soft-spoken in my opinion of Well-hole). I'm actually pretty agreeable with numerous takes that have been done on the Superman suit (except for Burton's design and the proposed rubber Flyby suit which didn't sound too promising to me). I love a bunch of the different designs from each of the incarnations for their own respective qualities/differences. I just think that even though the suit on Welling is good aesthetically, the fact he is wearing it is blasphemous to me. I'm happy if people want to show other options for the outfit. I just can't stand Welling. I apologize if I upset you, dude.:(

Although I do think the Ross "S" shield overdoes it a little bit in the size department.:)

KaptainKrypton said:
even though the suit on Welling is good aesthetically

You reckon? The 'S' is WAY oversized (granted I prefer larger designs to smaller ones but that's just too much!), and the whole thing looks like a teen angst skater wannabe version of Superman. (Return of Superman flashbacks...). But then, I guess that's what the whole Smallville interpretation is about anyway. Personally, if it wasn't for the one episode where the kid who sees people's deaths saw the cape flapping around, I could totally see them going for an Elseworlds angle where he doesn't ever actually become Superman. I reckon they could be going more for the 'Clark Kent - Super-powered guy who saves people!' story.

i really do like the suit that singer is using in SR, i think Routh looks excellent in it. i personally prefer the darker colours.

That's fine.

But over in the returns spoiler section users are posting "Finally we get the true superman straight from the comics, hooray this is a day to celebrate" or something like that, and I lol a little when I read that because his costume isn't telling me that.

If the next movie uses the basic design he's used in most of his comic career, will you not like it?

Superman%20Returns%202.jpg

I'd like it just fine. IF I felt it was carried out with precision and actually complemented the actor wearing it. This design manip was really along the lines of what I would've preferred (minus the design on the shield...but that's just nitpicking). I love the SR suit, but either way, as long as I don't get a lousy performance from the actor sporting it, then I'm happy. Doesn't matter if a guy looks like a million bucks on screen if his acting is only worth twenty. The portrayal is as important, if not more than the costume selection. To me, anyhow.

JBElliott said:

That is hidieous. Thank god the suit doesn't look like that.

Wesyeed said:

I don't mind this design much. The \S/ design from SR is perfectly fine for me in this size but I pretty much despise the huge leotard type neck opening. I don't mind it being a little bit open so as not to look as restrictive as the SR suit but this manip's version is pretty much feminine looking to me.

well it's not the best but it gets most of what i want to see for superman forever right.

Wesyeed said:
That's fine.

But over in the returns spoiler section users are posting "Finally we get the true superman straight from the comics, hooray this is a day to celebrate" or something like that, and I lol a little when I read that because his costume isn't telling me that.

If the next movie uses the basic design he's used in most of his comic career, will you not like it?

Superman%20Returns%202.jpg

While I'm really like the Superman Returns suit right now, I like this belt here a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"