World The Super suit.

sag002

The Leafs Fan from Whitby
Reaction score
You notice how in all Superman film entertainment, he wears the same suit, just modified a little. Every superhero has a different suit. The X-Men now have new suits, FF now have new suits, Spidey had a black suit in the comics, which was transferred to the animated series and now Spidey 3, yet Superman stays the same. He has had different suits in the comics. He had one with darker blue and black behind the symbol, he had the ever so popular blue electric suit(and the red one), he has had a black suit, but we have never seen them in the media. Even in the cartoons he had the same suit. i like the suit, but a little change would be nice. Your thoughts.

Well, the suit is classic for a reason...

They had a bunch of weird suits in STAS. If that counts.

Well, those were a space suit and an anti-kryptonite radiation suit. not his flying around suit.

Well they have tried to change the suit when Tim Burton, Brett Ratner, and McG were on board, but to some people they thought it was to big a change, so Singer decided to please the fans by giving them a classic but updated suit. Of course no matter what you do some of the fans will complain which is stupid in my opinion because the new suit is awesome.

I think i would personally enjoy a change in his suit. IMO.

What's different about Superman is that the suit is so ingrained in people's minds it will not go well when it is changed.

Jakomus said:
What's different about Superman is that the suit is so ingrained in people's minds it will not go well when it is changed.
But how do we know this if it hasnt happened?

sag002 said:
But how do we know this if it hasnt happened?

Well, in some people's minds it has happened with Superman Returns, and the suit only underwent minor changes there.

yeah, but the changes made were not the right ones in that dept...

I kinda liked the Ultimate version they did in Wizard Magazine a while back, but they just needed to change the symbol from the Kingdom Come one to the old one with the yellow background.

i like the classic suit... hope they stick with it... :p

I saw a post around here somewhere that depicted Superman with a very regal looking, rather traditional looking suit but without the shorts. The shorts really need to go. It can be done and done well.

Xybalba69 said:
yeah, but the changes made were not the right ones in that dept...

In your opinion. And that's what I'm getting at. It was only minor changes, a darker red, smaller shorts and S, and everyone thought the movie would be a disaster based on knowledge of the suit alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"