Sequel suit for superman

In the behind the scenes features the S is very bright. Just ditch that stupid filter and bam...you don't have to change a thing. No color adjustments or anything! Just get rid of the filter

Agreed. The suit looks great in all the behind the scenes features but the blue is almost completely taken out in the actual film.

Agreed. The suit looks great in all the behind the scenes features but the blue is almost completely taken out in the actual film.

I just hate that filter. That's where the "gritty, real feeling" comes from. I love the suit, yet the yellow needs to be bright and that can easily be accomplished by ditching the filter that they apply to the majority of these movies

Agreed about the filter. In the MOS blu ray extras it looks more vibrant, albeit still dark. I was always cool with the dark blue to begin with, reminded me of the Fleischer suit. Hopefully colour pallete wise everything remains natural now in the sequel allowing the blue to pop out more.

3d3ICUC.jpg

I love the current suit…but this is like gazing upon angels...:waa::bow:

Wasn't there news a little while back about the suit being altered for Batman vs. Superman?

was there? I didn't hear it.

Would it make sense as a sequel to MOS? Jor-El gave him that costume from the ship/fortress. How much can it be altered?

Yea but it came from your friendly neighborhood cosmicbullsite lol...so beware!....:p

yeah that's perfect. That S is pretty damn close to the way Byrne drew it.

This is all that's needed in my opinion:-

If that's what it is, I'm all for it. The trunks make no sense, and need to be gone for good. As well as the fact that people need to forget about them. If they bring back the trunks, it just wouldn't work. How would you explain it? It cannot be like TASM2 costume change, because that has a logical reasoning I can accept, even if it's never said in film or not. MOS2/BvS/WF whatever cannot have that that change.

That said, if they were to give Superman a new suit, that still fits within the DCCU and established rules, then I have a new idea that could even connect to both Batman and Luthor, but I don't know if anyone would like it. Especially since the suit I'll use is something I just want to see on screen.

if i had to redesign the suit and still keep the overall original idea, this would be my preferred concept:

tb6j.jpg

*i like vibrant and noticeable colors (not donner colors though), so personally, i want to see a brighter red and blue used in the next movie. i cant stand that grey filter they used.

*concerning the yellow, i like more of a white gold hue, that way the shade of yellow sticks out among the red and blue. it almost looks like it's glowing in my mind

*as always, as much as I love the color blue, i dont like a solid blue body-suit. it doesnt suit superman IMO. something needs to break up all of that blue. if not trunks, then i would like to see something red on his sides.

I prefer Binker's version. Just make the yellow in the shield more yellow and that's it. But apparently that is how the suit looked in reality but it looked different while filming.

actually, the suit was not that bright post filter. it was a lighter shade, less contrast, and had magenta tones to it... the shade of red was brighter (less saturation, less contrast) and also had some magenta tones in it as well. the yellow was more of a "lime" ish color rather than straight on yellow.

i dont know why they used so much magenta tone in this suit... they didnt need it at all. they were filming against a green screen, not a blue screen, so a true blue would of easily worked, and would not of clashed with post-production. i mean, looking at the shots with the green screen in the back, it looks much better BECAUSE that blue is in contrast with the green. a more brighter and vibrant blue would of worked even better...

this is the biggest reason why i dont understand this. besides the Donner movies, every suit was purposefully washed out in post-production... they do that, the lost the contrast between the suit and the rest of the background. it's almost as like they dont want the suit to be noticeable at all

I'm going to try and be as nice as possible, but that suit with the trunks is very unattractive and unflattering. It also makes Henry look thinner and less muscular. Plus it essentially just looks like Reeve's suit.

i agree with Dark Raven... i've always been of the mind that if it isn't broke, don't fix it, and I stand by that mindset. i dont see any problem with the traditional design of the Superman suit. the trunks have been a part of Superman ever since his official release in 1938. if there was a problem with Superman in the comics today, the problem was never the suit... it's in the storytelling.

and i would really like to see an updated version of the Donner suit, just not as bright

I had no problems with the trunks either. I like the new suit, but it just didn't stand out like it has in the past.

Dear god people, forget the trunks it just looks ridiculous, you'd spend the whole film looking at the Cavill's package and not the film. It was beautifully explained in the movie as armour (as it seemed capable of absorbing laser blasts). No change is needed at all. The metallic look of the suit looked superb, no change needed, you can't do better than what they did.

actually, yes you can do better than the metallic look... the traditional look has always been successful even in the midst of bad writing. it's not the suit's fault that the sales for Superman were so low. storytelling is to blame for that.

and no, the trunks do not look ridiculous. it helps break up the blue, creating an upper half and a lower half, so that in one's peripheral vision, one can perceive that it's a person

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"