• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

World Thoughts on Superman's suit

Whay did I tell you about thinking?

Another aspect of the alien suit is to explain the "underwear". While it appears as "underwear" to us the suit should be representative of a Kryptonian stlye that has historical meaning on Krypton and the trunks have some sort of meaning (not sure what but something). I'm sure I read that at some point SR was going to include metion of how the suit was Jor-el's suit - an artifact form the house of El or something - and this would explain why he wears "underwear" outside.

Another aspect of the alien suit is to explain the "underwear". While it appears as "underwear" to us the suit should be representative of a Kryptonian stlye that has historical meaning on Krypton and the trunks have some sort of meaning (not sure what but something). I'm sure I read that at some point SR was going to include metion of how the suit was Jor-el's suit - an artifact form the house of El or something - and this would explain why he wears "underwear" outside.

That would be in the holographic imaging that explains to Clark about his alien heritage....it can show Jor-El wearing something similar in design (but not necassarily color), and amontage of Kryptonian scenes where many peole wear clothes with that incorporated into them.

That would be in the holographic imaging that explains to Clark about his alien heritage....it can show Jor-El wearing something similar in design (but not necassarily color), and amontage of Kryptonian scenes where many peole wear clothes with that incorporated into them.

Works for me - the original "circus performer" costume (that our Lords Siegel and Shuster) first gave us is classic in design and in need of respect - it is up to their prospericty to adapt and rationalize thier classic design.

Works for me - the original "circus performer" costume (that our Lords Siegel and Shuster) first gave us is classic in design and in need of respect - it is up to their prospericty to adapt and rationalize thier classic design.

That's the way I feel too. I know many people want to get rid of the "underpants"....but to me they are essential to his outfit. S & S designed them to go along with the typical "strongman" look of the day....and since most people today don't know about that...incorporating a Kryptonian clothing design would explain it for today's audience while keeping the original design intact.

That's the way I feel too. I know many people want to get rid of the "underpants"....but to me they are essential to his outfit. S & S designed them to go along with the typical "strongman" look of the day....and since most people today don't know about that...incorporating a Kryptonian clothing design would explain it for today's audience while keeping the original design intact.

Absolutely - let's face it evey incarnation of any fictional character is, in a MOnty Python way of thinking - "daft". Lord knows how religious scriptures have stayed relevent beyond their years but no matter - S & S ( as in Siegel - American born and Shuster (Canadian born)) have given a gift to the world - it has been adopted/changed (flight versus leaping) but at the core is the true character-and from Flander's Fields "...from failing hands we hold the tourch high - be yours to hold it high!-

That's the way I feel too. I know many people want to get rid of the "underpants"....but to me they are essential to his outfit. S & S designed them to go along with the typical "strongman" look of the day....and since most people today don't know about that...
You read my mind. I know the "circus performer" thing, but even without that, it seems natural to me, I don't see it as "underwear on the outside!!" but as an element of structure for the entire body.
I find it essential.
Yet, Lee, I'm not sure people dislike the trunks because they don't know the "circus performer" thing. This kind of "underpants" are hated today, and I think it depends more on that non-fashion way to see it than the lack of knowledge.

His suit (colors, and basic look) should never be updated. Chris Reeve's suit looked perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"