Age of Extinction Jason Statham A Possible 'Transformers 4' Lead

Appreciate the link.

But I doubt this. The source doesn't even make sense when they say "Jason could be just the man to do that and his relationship with Rosie would be an added bonus in marketing the movie.”

Why would that be? If Shia's not in the next one, then she's not going to be in the next one either.

Bring him on. Statham rocks.

Ok, so if this indeed happens it would be like this?
TF 1: Sam falls in love for Mikaela and both start a relationship after discovering the Transformers world together.

TF 2: Mikaela goes with Sam to a complete autobots vs Decepticon war in Egipt and Sam finally admits he loves her.

TF 3: Mikaela left sam without even taking a transforming car (wtf), and everybody sudenly hates her while we have to believe in a relationship between an unemployed joke called sam is dating a woman working in high places with the appearance of a supermodel, after that they possibly marry each other.

TF 4: Sam leaves that same girl and the autobots become her friend instead of his while she's dating another character we know nothing about.

Makes NO SENCE

You cannot replace Shia's character Sam, it would be horrible, it just wouldn't be the same. Mostly because of his relationship with the autobots.

Statham is the kind of guy who wants a distinct separation between his private life and his work life. He flat out refuses to talk about Whitley and their relationship in interviews. I doubt he'd do it if he was acting opposite his missus.

That said, as someone who despises Shia Lebouf and Sam Witwicky, the lead of Transformers 4 being a grown adult, who doesn't ***** and moan incessantly and whose parents aren't in the film, would be the most welcome change.

Also Statham is one of three men I would love to see kill a Decepticon with is bare hands.

Cool. I'd like to see him play kind of a regular guy like he did in Snatch but perhaps with a military background. Have him bond with Ultra Magnus as his Autobot "friend".

Since Shia is not coming back, I would give the lead role to Josh Duhamel, as his role of major lennox. and have it Like 10 years in any country except USA so Sam doesn't get brought up. and maybe halfway through the movie they realize unicron is a major threat in space to earth, so somehow the NEST team get battle space suits using the autobots's technology and they battle on another planet.(Cybertron if they didn't destroy it)

I would imagine that after proving himself to the mean Government lady she would give Sam the chance to join either NEST with Lennox or work with the Autotbots in some way

Cant really see Statham being a lead in these films, especially when the bots will always take centre stage for the most part, but we'll see I guess.

This was debunked last week.

Too bad. Statham and Bay would be a sick combo. Testosterone overload.

Statham is an awful actor. People whining about the quality of Bay's 3 movies...what action movie has Statham been in that was was actually good? Statham is the Michael Bay of acting.

Statham is an awful actor. People whining about the quality of Bay's 3 movies...what action movie has Statham been in that was was actually good? Statham is the Michael Bay of acting.

Tranaporter, Expendables, Italian Job. While not really an action flick, Snatch is awesome!

Snatch is damn brilliant. :up:

Tranaporter, Expendables, Italian Job. While not really an action flick, Snatch is awesome!

Transporter and Expendables were awful. They are hollow action movie...just like Bayformers. Italian Job is alright but he wasn't the lead.

People are talking about how terrible Bay's movies were because they were nothing but spectacle and hollow but people want Jason Statham???

WTF!?

Transporter and Expendables were awful. They are hollow action movie...just like Bayformers. Italian Job is alright but he wasn't the lead.

People are talking about how terrible Bay's movies were because they were nothing but spectacle and hollow but people want Jason Statham???[/QUOTE ]
Well, just because a film is shallow, doesn't mean it's bad.

Besides, this was never more than a rumor any way.

Damn, would've been cool to see Jason spin kick a robot. :(

:p

Well, just because a film is shallow, doesn't mean it's bad.
It does when it's based off something that is considered sacred by a large and dedicated fan base who expect the best. Beneath the 1980's cheesiness, the old TV show had a lot of heart and charm to it and the franchise got a lot of depth to it in later years.

So Michael bay is not allowed to just have a good time and go crazy with special effects, he has a duty to adapt a beloved franchise to the screen and give it the respect it deserves, respect that he did not give. Michael Bay's movies are an insult to the Transformers series and to all Transformers fans really care about the series and don't just want to see explosions.

It does when it's based off something that is considered sacred by a large and dedicated fan base who expect the best. Beneath the 1980's cheesiness, the old TV show had a lot of heart and charm to it and the franchise got a lot of depth to it in later years.

So Michael bay is not allowed to just have a good time and go crazy with special effects, he has a duty to adapt a beloved franchise to the screen and give it the respect it deserves, respect that he did not give. Michael Bay's movies are an insult to the Transformers series and to all Transformers fans really care about the series and don't just want to see explosions.
What show were you guys watching honestly:huh: The toys are what drives Transformers, the fiction has always been subpar (even Beast Wars was just good).

What show were you guys watching honestly:huh: The toys are what drives Transformers, the fiction has always been subpar (even Beast Wars was just good).
I don't know what your standards are but Beast Wars is commonly said to be one of the greater cartoons, and it certainly has impressed fans and non-fans alike with it's impressive character development and story. In these aspects I find Beast Wars to be vastly superior to Michael Bay's characters, there's little argument about that.

I've come to expect Beast Wars quality characters and story lines in Transformers, or at least something close and I have seen this in shows such as Transformers Animated and Transformers Prime. Michael Bay's characters have even less personality than the G1 transformers, maybe with the exception with Optimus who's about the same.

I don't know what your standards are but Beast Wars is commonly said to be one of the greater cartoons, and it certainly has impressed fans and non-fans alike with it's impressive character development and story. In these aspects I find Beast Wars to be vastly superior to Michael Bay's characters, there's little argument about that.

I've come to expect Beast Wars quality characters and story lines in Transformers, or at least something close and I have seen this in shows such as Transformers Animated and Transformers Prime. Michael Bay's characters have even less personality than the G1 transformers, maybe with the exception with Optimus who's about the same.

The thing is compared to the 80s series Beast Wars is niche and despite your claims about it 'impressing' non fans it was the kind of show that many people, including some TF fans as well, still wouldn't take that seriously.

lmao, you guys want robot movies without humans, but on the other hand you want Statham. wtf wtf lol lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"