Age of Extinction Transformers 4: Attack of the Diaclones

Gabe99

Sidekick
Reaction score
From MTV:
Michael Bay To Direct 'Transformers 4,' Producer Confirms
The fourth film, which will be released in summer of 2014, will be 'an evolution,' Lorenzo di Bonaventura tells MTV News.
Kevin P. Sullivan said:
Since late last year, rumors began firing off about a potential "Transformers" sequel or sequels, and they ran the gamut. Paramount might film two sequels back to back. Michael Bay might return for both. Jason Statham may be the new star. Rumors came and went, but perhaps the biggest question lingered: Will Bay return to direct?

The master of the big-budget explosion, Bay's highly stylized eye for action lent the trilogy its signature look and breakneck pace. With potential sequels looming, no word had been given on whether Bay would return for any follow-ups.

But at Toy Fair 2012, producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura confirmed to MTV News that Bay would, indeed, return for a fourth "Transformers" film. "Michael's going to direct, and it'll be in the summer of 2014. We'll be releasing then," di Bonaventura said.

Di Bonaventura said that the director is eager to get back to the franchise he started. "He's a cool customer. He's excited," he said. "I think the challenge there is that we are really going to do a reboot and what that's going to be, we don't even know yet." Bay will reportedly film the next "Transformers" after making "Pain and Gain," which has Dwayne Johnson and Mark Wahlberg circling major roles.

As for the Jason Statham rumors, di Bonaventura said that it is way too early in the process to decide something like casting. "No, it's so silly. We have to get a story first," he said. "You can't pick characters if you don't have a story."

With the series heading in the direction of a reboot, many new questions form about which characters and storylines will return. Di Bonaventura insisted that the fourth film will not be a hard reboot, but an "evolution."

"Again, it's a hybrid because it's a funny thing. I'm not involved with 'Spider-Man,' but what I perceive 'Spider-Man' to be is just a redoing of the whole thing. It's not. It's an evolution. There's still continuity that's going on, yet there will be a lot of new cast," he said. "Whether there's anybody from the first cast, we don't even know yet. The trust is it's going to be a whole new story. The characters that would certainly come along are Optimus and Bumblebee, I'm sure."

Vulture Exclusive:
Michael Bay Will Direct Fourth Transformers Film

Claude Brodesser-akner said:
Michael Bay is in final negotiations to direct a new Transformers film, insiders tell Vulture. In recent days, Bay has been assembling a cast for a long-gestating project that even predates Bay’s entry into planet-destroying, Pain and Gain, based on a three-part New Times story about the infamous “Sun Gym gang” a group of dimwitted Miami bodybuilders who kidnapped, tortured and robbed a Florida businessman but got their comeuppance when their left-for-dead victim hires a private eye to hunt them down. Insiders tell Vulture that Bay has been seeking to adapt the sordid revenge tale almost since its publication in 1999, and that it’s proving the major blandishment in getting Bay to commit to launching a new Transformers cycle. "Without Pain, there’s no tit for tat," explains one person familiar with the talks, "That’s Paramount’s leverage."

Another insider familiar with the situation cautioned that while Paramount “does not have a closed deal” with Bay, the studio “is not far from closing” on one either, and that an announcement could come as early as next week. Meanwhile, the details of the next cyborg saga are being kept secret, but we’re told that it is definitely not a prequel, and that it will delve deeper into Transformers canon to mine older characters and lore. "Regular people might not care about bringing out a character like Sentinel Prime," says one of our insiders, referring to the little-known character who played a major part in last summer’s Transformers: Dark of the Moon, "But believe me, fans of the series cared."

If both deals make, we are told that Bay is likely to begin shooting Pain and Gain early almost immediately – as soon as early spring – and then pivot to a new sequence of Transformers by winter 2012. "Spielberg does this all the time," says our insider, "where you’re doing art development and visual effects tests on your next movie while you’re still shooting the current one. The beauty of Michael doing Pain and Gain is that there’s no [technical] complexity to it compared to Transformers."

Or, in the words of Megatron, "The humans cannot stop us!"

It can't really be a reboot since its the same director. There would be no point, creatively that is.

its the story that determines a reboot not the crew

What the ****...a reboot with the same director. Is that even ******* possible?

I'm a fan of these movies but this is just...I...no, I won't. I won't.

What the ****...a reboot with the same director. Is that even ******* possible?

I'm a fan of these movies but this is just...I...no, I won't. I won't.

yeah why not?

but I wouldn't get caught up in the reboot news...they don't have a story yet so it might not happen

These movies are inevitable blockbusters. Another movie will happen in some way or another.

the minute I knew TF3 was a big hit I knew Hasbro and Paramount was gonna throw money at him to come back for TF4

From Shoot For The Edit:
Michael Bay said:
To clarify uninformed reports coming out of Toy Fair - Steven Spielberg and I are working on a whole new re imagining of Transformers, the fourth installment. We have been working on the idea for a few months. I'm excited about where it's headed. But first I'm doing a small $20 million dollar edgy black comedy of a true crime story set in Miami called "Pain and Gain," staring Mark Wahlberg and Dwanye Johnson, and very close to signing on a couple other great actors. I'm extremely excited to simplify my film career this spring with a great character piece.

That starts filming at the end of March. I might then jump onto a very cool television show my company Platinum Dunes is selling to a major cable network. It might be my first pilot I might potentially direct. We are still working out the details of the deal.

Well, it aint gonna be a total re-boot with the same director and producer returning, so I hope they stop using that word. If they use First Class as a bench mark I wouldnt mind, though the continuity between the TF movies is pretty poor anyway.

A re-imagining..but the fourth installment?!

Jeez.

its a reboot because they are rebooting the story...the people working on the movie don't matter

unless we don't consider TAS a reboot since the same producers and screenwriters from the Raimi series worked on it

I'm half anf half with this, honestly. I'm happy their's another Transformers movie, but at the same time I think it's too soon and we need to give it a break.

I wan't the Sam character to die a brutakl death before we get a reboot

Am I the only one who sees this franchise as a series of half-assed reboots?

In the second movie they try to retell the origin by saying there were a bunch of Transformers on Earth thousands of years before. Even though nobody knew this in the first movie. Then in the third movie, they pulled a secret origin / forgotten Transformer army that had been on Earth / the Moon all along out of their ass.

What you just described proves how inconsequential the plot of these movies are. Yea in the strict definition a reboot has to deal with the story but if they're going to bring the same exact team back we're just gonna same exact type of movie. Even if its a continuation, the only humans they'll probably bring back is Turturro and have a new LaBeouf/Fox pairing. I doubt Bay is gonna change the way he makes these movies, the studios probably don't want him to either.

Am I the only one who sees this franchise as a series of half-assed reboots?

In the second movie they try to retell the origin by saying there were a bunch of Transformers on Earth thousands of years before. Even though nobody knew this in the first movie. Then in the third movie, they pulled a secret origin / forgotten Transformer army that had been on Earth / the Moon all along out of their ass.

Yep,
And the fact that each of the sequels have been minor reboots just proves that they dont give a crap about the actual story. Its just a way to make a movie with a recognizable brand name (TF) and throw in some Non-Transformer looking robots and it will make a billion bucks.
So what will be any different about the 4th installment.
PLEASE, Make the Transformers look like they should. You can update them a tiny bit. But they dont need to look like they are made out of millions of tiny sharp pieces. Thats what they should look like underneath their shells.
PLEASE use the correct color schemes, voices, and personalities. Can you at least try to do that you talentless hack?

lol this thread is full of fail

[YT]d-nB890J9pI[/YT]

Made a rant video, that's how bad this is lol.

i dont think they will reboot this. in 2013 they will realese that Shia is coming back. you will see.

Beast Wars

Make it happen

No... absolutely NOT. That said, I did enjoy the third movie for what it was.

But Bay... please make the 4th one in 3D too. That way, viewers can appreciate all that CGI carnage and destruction you make so well.

And no Shia = gold. Get a charismatic, non-grating actor and actress to headline the sequel for once.

Whatever, at this moment, I'm more interested to see Pain and Gain than another Transformers movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"