JLA:The Silver Age?

Mr_GoldenAge

Civilian
Reaction score
Some of you may have heard of James Robinson's miniseries under the elsewords banner, known simply as ''The Golden Age.'' As the name suggests, it stars the superheroes and heroines of the lates 30s and early to mid 40's. most of them originating from Quality comics. It was a good series and all in all, very exciting. however, while looking on wiki once, on the comic's article, i saw a part of it that says this.

''The possibility of a sequel miniseries, tentatively titled The Silver Age, was sporadically mentioned by James Robinson and some DC editors in the late 1990s. However, no series has yet materialized.''

This sparked a bit of interest in me regarding the idea of a sequel to the miniseries, based in the era of the silver age. Considering all the silverage heroes we see on the final splash page, (Metamorpho, the doom patrol, the creeper, animal man, Hal Jordan, the challengers of the unknown, Adam Strange, etc) theres allot you could do. personally i would love the idea of a silver age sequel to the golden age series. maybe centred around Adam Blake (who more or less ushered in the silver age in this timeline.) aswell as a few others. What do you think?

The New Frontier fills that void quite well, though.

The New Frontier fills that void quite well, though.

I meant as in an Official Sequel. I'd love to hear Johnny Quick's thoughts of the new blood. Does he still keep an eye on or in contact with the new heroes after Captain Comet helped to end Dynaman? What are his thoughts on the successors to some of the old heroes mantles What would a golden age hero be on the sudden appearance of alien life both good and bad that suddenly appeared in comics during that perriod. they coould even have it so that most of the silver age heroes appeared during 1950 and the 5 year gap to the epilogue. even add the likes of Captain Atom and The Question. It'd make an awesome story about how the JLA of this world formed without supes or batman or wonder woman in that universe. Maybe with Johnny and Libby as main characters again. Maybe as a couple of ''Has beens'', still keeping an active interest in the young heroes.

Im kinda Glad Max Mercury sorta became a mentor to Wally and Bart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"