• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Joker's costume?

And Billie Piper as Harley! :woot:

Dalek Supreme as Batman.
_42391479_dalek.jpg

Wow, I feel I'm not geeky enough, not knowing what the hell you guys are talking about. :o

i actually liked whatever interview where it said they wanted him to dress like tyler durden from fight club. it just makes sense to me, since tyler never looked like he cared what he looked like, but he still looked kind of hip in a dirty way, and i think that'd work for the joker.
I see where your thinking lies in that, and it's not bad, but I just feel differently. I always felt that teh Joker DOES care how he looks. The reason he looks his best is because he is putting on a performance for Gotham, and more importanty batman, and you gotta look your best for showtime.

I think the purple suit should just be worn in one section of the film, but for the rest of it I want sort of a Gothic Showman look to his clothes... All blacks and reds and so forth but with a hint of theatricality to his appearance, maybe like how Alex Ross did Joker in Justice. Something along those lines anyway. If they use the vat of chemicals origin I hope it only bleaches his skin while the hair and lips are his own doing, that could tie in with the "He's insane but not so much he's not in control" aspect of his psyche.

not bad, but I prefer more of a purple side to him... not too much, but a little, just enough to be reminiscent of the comic book look.

I'm in favor of a "Zoot" inspired suit for the Joker, but the final wardrobe design should work hand in glove with the final makeup design for Ledger. If Nolan is going for a realistic approach, which I'm also in favor of, then instead of a white greasepaint look perhaps a "bleached" or slightly albino look would be more appropriate. If the skin is bleached the lips may appear naturally darker by comparison and the "red lips" effect would be realized. As a long time Batman fan I have read the first Joker story many times and the fixed smile is not his usual look. He does smile when necessary but for about half the story he is not smiling, so that "deformity" may not play into the desired look.
On the other hand, I LOVE the look of Conrad Veidt as "The Man Who Laughs" (the Joker's actual design inspiration) and if Nolan can achieve that look I'd be a very happy Bat-fan! IMO.

f Nolan is going for a realistic approach, which I'm also in favor of, then instead of a white greasepaint look perhaps a "bleached" or slightly albino look would be more appropriate.
If you mean less make-up looking, and more like actual skin, I'll agree. But I won't go for anything that's not white.

Eh, we saw Nicholson in the suit. I'd rather maybe a dark purple trenchcoat. People in trenchcoats are very scary. (esp. when they're making creepy hand motions and evil facial expressions while listening to lord knows what).

Someone said a business suit. Maybe a tattered business suit, though that's more what I foresee Two-Face as being in, his ragged D.A. suit.

watch ugly betty that guy who plays marc (the gay assisstent) is how joker should dress totally flambouyant and a little campy i know it sounds strange but watch a few episodes and see what i mean.

That's the classic look, alright.

But I'm up for something different and still Jokerish. That's just a little too... pimpish for me. I can think of a lot of funky clothes he could wear and would still fit. After BATMAN '89 did that look, I'm up for something a little different.

That's too...smart, for my liking.

This, except being different colours of course, is perfect for the Joker's clothing.

dtennant9ri.jpg

That's too...smart, for my liking.

This, except being different colours of course, is perfect for the Joker's clothing.

dtennant9ri.jpg

*nods* something akin that ensemble would be good.

Heh, David T. was actually my pick for the Joker. ;)

You know, I think Ledger's costume is gonna HAVE TO start a ''new style''. In other words, I don't think that ANY of these ideas are going to be seen in the finished film. I think we're going to see something so unique (think Johnny Depp/Willy Wonka style), that the ''Hot Topic'' geeks are going to DROOL.

Remember, whatever ''this'' is, it has to be marketable as a Halloween costume for kids as well. In other words, you can't just ''slap a purple suit on him.'' It has to be a whole new trend for 2008. It's going to REFLECT the entire fashion year.... in my opinion.

So really, it's not just a ''suit''.... I think it's FAR more important than what Ledger's face is going to look like.

Heh, he's was my second pick. I made this manip last year.

dt1ak7.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"