• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jordan Peele to Produce Twilight Zone Reboot

I watched a few episodes of this and found it incredibly boring. Episodes were too long and the twists were predictable.

I didn't find the characters or stories particularly engaging.

This revival pales in comparison to Black mirror or Death, Love and Robots.

I never saw the old Twilight Zone but I did watch anthology shows like the Outer Limits and Amazing stories when I was a kid.

They need to hire some better writers and adapt better stories for season 2

Yeah ! ..said no one on this board but thanks for relaying the news nevertheless.
I watched all episodes so far...even for free I am not sure to bother with season 2.

I bothered with season 2 after all and found the episodes better (not all of them).
The running time of the episodes are not as long as season 1.

So I just finished Season 1 and like most people have been mixed. The production value is incredible, and I love the tone but episodes like Not All Men, which might be the worst of Season 1, are just executed so terribly. The heart is in the right place, but it just can't stick the landing most of the time.

Good to hear Season 2 is better. I love Jordan Peele and his films, so I'm really rooting for this to find its footing.

Man Black Mirror is such a superior version of this new Twilight Zone series. I honestly kind of struggled finishing both seasons and if wasn't for the second half of Season 2 being as strong as it was I probably would have given up entirely. I hope they stick to the more sci-fi oriented episodes for the next season if they do one, because those episodes were easily the best out of both seasons.

Sad to see so much wasted talent and potential.

To be fair, the original series stands up better than any of the remakes/reboots anyway. It's timeless.

Last edited:
There were a few episodes of this that I really liked, but yeah it did not live up to expectations. The original is untouchable and Rod Serling was an inimitable genius.

‘The Twilight Zone’ Reboot Not Returning For Season 3 On Paramount+ – Deadline

We greatly enjoyed our time working on The Twilight Zone — particularly when the real world around us often felt more and more like another dimension. We cherished the opportunity to collaborate with so many talented writers, actors and crewmembers. After 20 unique episodes, we have told the stories that we wanted to tell, and CBS All Access was gracious in their understanding of our decision. It was an honor and a privilege to bring audiences a modern re-imagining of Rod Serling’s iconic creation.

I don't know how much of that quote I really buy. I feel like they're saving face. They really only wanted to tell those exact 20 episodes from the start and then that was it?

I think the poor critical reception and, presumably viewing reception, might have lowered their budget by Paramount or something had they continued and that's the reason they're walking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"