Jormungand aka The Midgard Serpent

HammerDown

“Do not, my friends, become addicted to water...“
Reaction score

simonson-thor-jormungand003.jpg

e87578d81d7327dd7d874418e85db2f6.jpg

simonson-thor-jormungand017.jpg

Now is this a Lego exclusive thing and not necessarily related to the film or is the creature actually a significant part of the plot. As wild as it seems that they would introduce the Midgard Serpent in this I’m inclined to think it’s indeed legit.

The Midgard Serpent is closely tied with Thor’s battle armor which we know will be also featured in the film, then Midgard is Earth and New Asgard is now on Earth so there’s another link and I could see them introducing the creature as another way of giving out heroes a foe besides Gorr for them to band together and fight.

Ragnarok - Hela / The Grandmaster / Surtur / Fenris
TLT - Gorr / The Grandmaster / The Midgard Serpent

As a big fan of Surtur in Ragnarok i would also love to see the Midgard Serpent and how they would tackle and show that massive creature.

Honestly that article sounds like a lot of mumbo jumbo.

My 2 cents are that it is in fact the Midgard Serpent just that the lego figure and the creature's appearance are not an easy thing to get right on lego form. Having said the similarities are so obvious, big green and brown creature, red eyes, bat ears, big mouth with a ton of teeth plus the fangs on each side, the long arms and claws, the horns, even the scales... It's identical to Thor's classic villain.

FMo8UI7WQAQET0N

legiao_3PrglOpymzhNxK6jSuDFc5Qf1_YX2oJUGbn4ZiHkWa.jpg.jpeg

Last edited:
they did a great job on the great protector from Shang Chi. That really looked like a dragon.
This looks like B9 from Lost in Space ( the classic one)

I loved seeing Surtur in Ragnarok so i have high hopes for what could be the Midgard Serpent in L&T.
Always had a soft spot for giant fiery demons with Balrog being the ultimate example. The stuff with Surtur in Ragnarok was pretty cool, from that old weathered and scared version of him in the beginning, even his personality had some nice touches in his exchanges with Thor and at the very end seeing a prime version of Surtur wrecking shop in style... even his final remarks where great "Tremble before me Asgard. I am you wrecking". Good stuff.

…and what is described as a Shadow Monster that Gorr has summoned.

that creature still looks ugly af

…well

My theory was definitely a bust on this one.

…well
Having said that, the giant snake god in the Council of the Gods, got me hyped up that it could be a version of Jormungandr. It looked so good too.

not only yours. A lot theorists believed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"