Iron Fist Kingpin. Kilgrave. Black Mariah. Who Should Be The Main Villain In Iron Fist?

Stark Bauer

Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk
Reaction score
Daredevil revealed a relatable, yet mercilessly brutal, true-to-the-comics version of Wilson Fisk aka Kingpin.

Jessica Jones introduced us to a diabolically evil Purple Man aka Kilgrave.

Luke Cage is set to deliver a compelling, complex portrayal of Mariah Dillard aka Black Mariah.

Who should be the main villain for Marvel's Iron Fist?

Marvel's Netflix division has been hitting it out of the park when it comes to the main villain.
The choice of villain. The actor portraying the villain. The way the villain isn't a straight up bad guy but is given a sympathetic portrayal.

Between the three actors cast thus far, we have one nomination for an emmy (D'Onofrio), one emmy win (Tennant), 1 oscar, grammy, golden globe, 4 emmys (18 nominations), and 3 SAGs (Woodard).

My vote goes to Master Khan. My actor of choice is Tony Leung (1 cannes award, 7 hong kong film awards (12 nominations)).

Master Khan:

011+issue+100.jpg

002HR_Tony_Leung_Chiu_Wai_007.jpg

They could use Steel Serpent in season 2. My choice for Steel Serpent would be Storm Shadow himself, Byung Hun Lee. I pick him over Daniel Wu because he comes off more naturally as a villain and has more intensity and rage which is essential for SS.

Steel Serpent:

615514-steel_sep.jpg

large_641193.jpg

Last edited:
Either Steel Serpent or Master Khan.

On a off-topic note, don't really like that they are using Black Mariah for the LC series. Would rather have seen Willis Stryker.

well with kingpin likely still in jail, and what we saw of kilgrave in jessica i would rule them out. We are likely to see steel serpant as his lead baddie or that business guy whom i am blanking on his name.

I'd be happy with either Master Khan or Steel Serpant. Maybe give us both throughout the season.

What about Chaka, Harold Meachum, Joy Meachum, Xao and Warhawk? Is there a, "None of the above" option?

It's a shame they couldn't use scorpion. I saw him go up against iron fist in the ultimate Spider-Man cartoon and it was a really compelling fight. Oh well.

I guess that's the keyword. Trying to find someone as compelling as purple man and kingpin were. I honestly have no idea if any of iron fists rogues could match them except bride of nine spiders et all and people are saying it's too soon for them

Personally, I like how they seeded Davos. The idea of a man, who is trying to find a place for his people, this dark patriot, could have a lot of mileage to it. It could be a live-action rendition of the Black Manta theme from DC Comics. He's been trying to find a place for his people, or keep them safe, but is utterly ruthless and aggressive, is a very interesting idea. Have that juxtaposed against Danny the outsider, who has more respect among his people that he does, and Davos is exceptionally sympathetic.

I think its really tough to predict what villains they'll use until we have some data, because there's a lot of overlap and weirdness amongst his villain set, and so many of them are tied to broader mythos elements.

Harold Meachum strikes me as a gimme, but even then, he could be upgraded to "serious" villain or kept as a pawn of fate used and discarded by other forces.

ya i am sure we are going to have meachum be a main character in the show according to the casting slides from awhile ago. And i wouldnt be surprise if steel serpant is who else we get. Any one else likely be saved for future seasons.

Who is considered to be Iron Fist's arch-nemesis in the comics?

Davos. He's kind of cool and he has his moments but I guess you'll see his kind of character a lot in martial arts movies. He's not quite as compelling as Wilson or purple man were but I guess that's up to the writers to work out

I'm wondering if they're going to play heavily off of the Steel Serpent references. I mean, sure we have to expect it, since it was a strong plot-point in DD s1, but what if that's part of the reason Danny comes back in the first place?

Yu-Ti sends him to hunt down a criminal. He also wants to confront the man he believes killed/is responsible for the deaths of his parents. Make a bit more heroic, maybe.

That could set up for Davos - at least as a physical protagonist. Maybe Gao as the intellectual one.

The thing with Davos is, he's not really tied to the 'origin story' involving Harold Meachum at all. I suppose you could substitute him in for the Ninja, but at that point your radically redesigning a ton of people. I don't really care to make predictions about how to integrate the original Ninja/Master Khan stuff, with the latter Capital Cities of Heaven stuff, until we have more info.

i would leave the cities of heaven stuff for a later point just start off with steel serpant and meachum.

Yeah, have Davos and Meachum for season 1, kill off both, bring Davos back as Steel Phoenix with the mystic cities and Meachum's daughter for season 2.

Nah. Davos, meachum and shou Lou as the villains for season 1. Immortal weapons for season 2.

Does marvel own the rights to radioactive man? Might be fun to see him included. He would be intriguing because he's a villain Danny can't just punch

I believe they do own the rights, but not sure they would use him. Honestly, though, while I have no problem with the Immortal Weapons as characters and focal points, I do not want them to be the heavies (haaaa, Fat Cobra joke) throughout a season, leave that to Davos or a certain asshat in jade.

Although, the Immortal Weapons' inclusion lends more to a different conversation that we've all been in here on the forums.

Personally, I like how they seeded Davos. The idea of a man, who is trying to find a place for his people, this dark patriot, could have a lot of mileage to it. It could be a live-action rendition of the Black Manta theme from DC Comics. He's been trying to find a place for his people, or keep them safe, but is utterly ruthless and aggressive, is a very interesting idea. Have that juxtaposed against Danny the outsider, who has more respect among his people that he does, and Davos is exceptionally sympathetic.

I'm really digging this idea :db:

I believe they do own the rights, but not sure they would use him. Honestly, though, while I have no problem with the Immortal Weapons as characters and focal points, I do not want them to be the heavies (haaaa, Fat Cobra joke) throughout a season, leave that to Davos or a certain asshat in jade.

Although, the Immortal Weapons' inclusion lends more to a different conversation that we've all been in here on the forums.

I think the immortal weapons have much more of a striking look to them and the ability to expand the universe out a bit. I really do think they've got a lot of potential

They are likely to stsrt small for season one and just do the business guy and serpent dude then you expand into the more crazy mystical cities and characters down the road.

I have a feeling that Harold Meachum is going to be positioned as the one percenter corporate CEO villain who has either taken over his family's company or is trying to stage a hostile takeover.

Steel Serpent seems like the best choice. I doubt it will be Master Khan, he'd probably be perceived as too much of a Yellow Peril type of villain like the Mandarin.

I think the immortal weapons have much more of a striking look to them and the ability to expand the universe out a bit. I really do think they've got a lot of potential

I agree, they are amazing in character and design, but ultimately, I do not see them as final villians or a season Big Bad without drastic character changes. The can certainly be adversaries or rivals, but not /villians/.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"