Joss Whedon's Batgirl

Screen Rant:
Warner Bros. Reportedly Trying to Film Another DCEU Movie in 2017

THR FEBRUARY 23, 2017:
Warner Bros. Plotting Live-Action 'Nightwing' Movie With 'Lego Batman Movie' Director (Exclusive)

Screen Rant:
The Batgirl Movie Has a Rumored Frontrunner: Lindsey Morgan

I always thought batgirlshould be reinvented into a hero wanna be who learned the hard way.

She is a teenager who looked up to Batman too much. She creates a homemade costume and tries to fight crime, but she isnt rich and loaded with gadgets. Nor did she spend a lifetime studying martial arts and detective science. Make it obvious she is out of her league. But also have her get lucky on her first attempt as Batgirl, thus encouraging her. Have Batman telling her shes going to get killed and she should leave this to real heroes. She doesn't listen. Her time as Batgirl was extremely short lived because right away the Joker gets her and her father. The joker brutally rapes her leaving her paralyzed from the waist down forcing her father to watch.

In the end she realizes she can still fight crime. She becomes Batman's assistant Oracle.

Im not a big Batgirl fan, but I love Oracle, and I love the killing joke. I want a gritty adaption.

Batgirl is too unrealistic in my opinion. Batman has reasons he could be Batman. Years of preparation. Barbara does not. But killing joke is still awesome and could totally be adopted.

Not that it shouod be the main plot. There should be another main plot, that this is worked around. It should be a Batman movie. Not a Batgirl movie.

I always thought batgirlshould be reinvented into a hero wanna be who learned the hard way.

She is a teenager who looked up to Batman too much. She creates a homemade costume and tries to fight crime, but she isnt rich and loaded with gadgets. Nor did she spend a lifetime studying martial arts and detective science. Make it obvious she is out of her league. But also have her get lucky on her first attempt as Batgirl, thus encouraging her. Have Batman telling her shes going to get killed and she should leave this to real heroes. She doesn't listen. Her time as Batgirl was extremely short lived because right away the Joker gets her and her father. The joker brutally rapes her leaving her paralyzed from the waist down forcing her father to watch.

In the end she realizes she can still fight crime. She becomes Batman's assistant Oracle.

Im not a big Batgirl fan, but I love Oracle, and I love the killing joke. I want a gritty adaption.

Batgirl is too unrealistic in my opinion. Batman has reasons he could be Batman. Years of preparation. Barbara does not. But killing joke is still awesome and could totally be adopted.

In no way shape or form do I want to see the Joker rape Batgirl. Having it implied in TKJ was horrendous enough.

Joss Whedon is public cancer at this point. His political views and outspoken hatred will NOT be forgotten by half of America. The WB has a future PR nightmare on their hands.

Whedon's hate-filled anti-American rants were repulsive. The WB is crazy to hand him any franchise at this point. When I heard his rants I was SO glad he was already away from Marvel.

Same could be said for DC's planned Cyborg and Deadshot films. Do they really need to be made? I think it's lazy to have so few female leads on the DCEU, so this should be good for the larger picture. If it really gets made, that is.

You're right. Those two movies are also terrible ideas.

Joss Whedon is public cancer at this point. His political views and outspoken hatred will NOT be forgotten by half of America. The WB has a future PR nightmare on their hands.

Whedon's hate-filled anti-American rants were repulsive. The WB is crazy to hand him any franchise at this point. When I heard his rants I was SO glad he was already away from Marvel.

Aww, did Whedon say something mean about Trump and republicans? Poor you.

Lol by that logic about 95% of movies would be halted.

Batfamily can give deeper look at Batman character. Nolan's batman had it with Alfred,Fox,Rachel & Dent. BvS Batman looked cool but lacked of depth.

Good point. And yes I'm all for a Batgirl movie. Great news.

Whedon isn't anti-American. He is anti-Trump, which just means he has something in common with 63% (and growing) of Americans at this point.

People are so outspoken about their political views these days I'm afraid you wont soon have anyone else left but Kirk Cameron and Mel Gibson :oldrazz:

Maybe WB should hire Cameron and Dinesh D'Souza instead?

Dawson_Crying.gif

I feel same way except rape part.

1. There would be negative buzz by feminists,SJW. They would turn it into anti-female empowerement thing. (Kinda how they ruin Exodus hype with whitewash rants.)

2. Too much of Clockwork Orange ripoff. (Even though home invansion can be enough for homage)

3. It's still brutal and shocking without rape.

"batgirlshould be reinvented into a hero wanna be who learned the hard way." I love it. Her real hero journey can be a young hero forced to be a victim for a while but getting her soul back as Oracle later on...

Kinda like Lieutenant Dan's journey in Forrest Gump. Everybody loves a comeback story.

Probably too complicated for what WB aiming though.. Whedon probably make her Buffy in Batcostume.

Huh, the fact that her superhero career didn't start with a tragedy is exactly one of the major things that sets her apart from Bruce and Dick. And I won't even comment on that whole "brutal rape" stuff. Holy ****ing hell no.

Last edited:
Lindsey Morgan from The 100 is most probably doing BatGirl Damn she's a good choice

Lindsey Morgan from The 100 is most probably doing BatGirl Damn she's a good choice

It doesn't matter if she is a good choice (FWIW shes not) because she isn't getting the part.

I would imagine that Batgirl will be one of the most sought after roles since Scarlett O'Hara.
This may sound a little silly, but the general public isn't necessarily comics character literate. They didn't know who Black Widow was until they got to the theater.
Everyone knows Batman, however, and Batman movies have been events for nearly three decades.
'Batgirl', to much of the public, will be a Batman film starring a woman.
I don't have any proof to back this statement up, but I sense more enthusiasm for this project among female commentators on YouTube and twitter than I did for even Wonder Woman, the most iconic female superhero.
WB can cast anyone they want from an unknown to a redhead who just won an Oscar. Every actress in Hollywood will want to be Batgirl.

won't bother me none. Im officially a person of earth. I refuse to be American any longer.

I guess I agree on the rape thing. Maybe its too much. Maybe just have him brutally attack her, thus leaving her paralyzed. While Gordon is forced to watch.

I never expected this to ever actually be a thing until I saw it on the news

I never expected this to ever actually be a thing until I saw it on the news

You've probably seen the test footage for Lauren Montgomery's proposed 'Batgirl:Year One' animated movie on the final episode of Batman:The Brave and the Bold. That film was cancelled after lackluster sales for the animated Wonder Woman feature. That was pretty devastating back then when I found out about it.

And now we're getting a live-action Batgirl, with Joss Whedon writing and producing.

I swear, I've been kinda in a state of mild shock since last Thursday.

being againt trump isn't being anti-american.

I have my own issues with whedon after he joined attacks on twitter on bernie sanders and his supporters.he has exposed himself as another elitest and clinton fantatic who wants to bash everyone else for clinton's loss except clinton.

forget politics whedon also has history of when something goes wrong to blame everyone else.he got in hot water for example for saying ona vengers COmmantary Iron man was first real comic book film and then backtracked
In interview.but let's see if batgirl even gets made first before wondering if there is audence backlash against whedon.

at this point taking part against attacks against bernie sanders now in polls one of most popular politicans in country would create more of backlash tahn trump whose approval continues to drop.

forget politics whedon also has history of when something goes wrong to blame everyone else.he got in hot water for example for saying ona vengers COmmantary Iron man was first real comic book film and then backtracked
In interview.but let's see if batgirl even gets made first before wondering if there is audence backlash against whedon.

I suspect any 'backlash against whedon' will have about as much impact on Batgirl as the 'backlash' against Disney for their first openly gay character in 'Beauty and the Beast'.

None

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"