Judge Dredd Reboot!! - Part 3

There is no way they would have gotten the budget for that though after the Stallone movie fiasco. What they did was the right thing to re-start it, they just should have dropped 3D and marketed the movie a lot more.
I still love the Stallone one more than this one.

A lot of people complain that nobody seen this in theaters, but our local theater didn't even get it. I had to wait until DVD to watch it. That's the risk of independent films (and yes this was independent, watch the producer interview). If a bigger distributor picks up the sequel I guarantee a giant box office return.

Dredd topped the home video charts in the UK for multiple weeks. The film definitely has a fan following.

Unfortunately, Reliance Entertainment have confirmed that they have no interest in financing a sequel.

That's bad news considering they were the only people willing to finance the first one.

I was hoping they would kickstarter a sequel by now.

Well I was really hoping that we could get another. There's way too many movies that get sequels that are garbage. Look at Saw, by the third they should have stopped but they kept going until everyone was ****ing sick of it. For once where we get a really good movie that has tons of potential, they won't touch it.

Well I was really hoping that we could get another. There's way too many movies that get sequels that are garbage. Look at Saw, by the third they should have stopped but they kept going until everyone was ****ing sick of it. For once where we get a really good movie that has tons of potential, they won't touch it.
But every SAW movie earned about 100x it's original budget in B.O.
Dredd couldn't even reach its budget in B.O.

That's the sad reality. It's all about the money no matter how good or bad a movie is. Serenity based off the Firefly show is another one in that boat.

That's the sad reality. It's all about the money no matter how good or bad a movie is. Serenity based off the Firefly show is another one in that boat.

Yep, throw in Solomon Kane also, all 3 are very good movies that deserve sequels. And we won't get one for any of them.

Almost Human too, also Urban's work ironically.

I'd love a direct to video sequel with Karl Urban if they're not willing to do a big screen version again.

Judge Dredd reboot if there is ever a sequel to it I hope they make it similar to the 1995 film with Rico as the clone brother/villain of the sequel but who could play Rico to Karl Urban's Dredd?

Judge Dredd reboot if there is ever a sequel to it I hope they make it similar to the 1995 film with Rico as the clone brother/villain of the sequel but who could play Rico to Karl Urban's Dredd?

They're not going to do that. :funny:

But Rico is such an important part of the Dredd comics he is literally Dredd's match in every way possible

Never going to happen but they should learn from the 1995 movies mistakes and have the same actor that plays Dredd double up as Rico. Not only is it logical plot wise but its also a nifty way of letting the lead get his face out onscreen without having Dredd take off his helmet.

After seeing Ex Machina, if this sequel does ever happen they need to get Alex Garland to direct.

I would love to see Alex Garland given a bag of cash and let loose to write & direct a Dredd sequel.

Cant we take half of the money that would be thrown at the next Transformers film and use it make the sequel for this, would be more than enough. We'd be happy and Transformers can still be made for those fans.

There's officially made Audio stories for Dredd. They're on Big Finish.com Listened to the first one, Wanted: Dredd or Alive and it was actually pretty good. They had a good voice actor for Dredd, although I half expected to hear Urban or Stallone. :D It was about an hour long.

Cant we take half of the money that would be thrown at the next Transformers film and use it make the sequel for this, would be more than enough. We'd be happy and Transformers can still be made for those fans.

I just looked at the budgets. They could make FOUR AND A HALF Dredds for what Transformers 4 cost.

Man, that really pisses me off.

But everyone likes big smashy robots. :o

And no one wants depressing grim gritty ****ing cool action movies set in a mega city with hundreds of potential plots drawing from decades of buildup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"