Julian McMahon Talks about Doom's Costumes

As long as they don't make Victor screw Rosie O' Donnell:csad:

I was just getting that picture OUT OF MY HEAD from our conversation last night.....THANKS ALOT ROOOOOB.......:o :cmad:

Well... it sounds like they're going to upgrade Dr. Doom to make him a real powerful villain and not a cranky Green Goblin wannabe. Works for me.

"Then he's got his lair set up in some castle in Latveria, right? We're talking comic book stuff so you have to kind of go with all this kind of stuff. With all these monitors and stuff, I don't know where he got 'em all from but they're pretty cool.

This bothers me because it sounds like he's too lazy to even do a little research on who Doom is! "some castle in Latveria"? "I don't know where he got 'em all"? He is a freaking scientific genius! Does Mcmahon not understand this? I just don't think he quite cares to "get" the character.

Movies On Line has a bit more of the interview, picking up where the other left off...
Q: So even with all the new characters, they still give you a lot to do as Dr. Doom?
JM: Yeah, I had quite a lot to do actually, because he went through all these different transformations, you know, different to what happens in the comic or the cartoon but we kind of just had to make it applicable for some reason, I don’t know.
Q: Have you always been a fan of comic books?
JM: I have, yeah. Fantastic Four particularly, yeah
Q: What did you like about it?
JM: I don’t know, I think maybe I just liked the fact that there were four people with different types of powers. But I was big fan of other stuff too. I was a big fan of Batman and Spiderman and Superman, but Fantastic Four, in particular. I got into it actually with the cartoons. We used to watch the cartoons every morning, and I don’t know, maybe its team work, and I don’t know, it was just good.
Q: As a comic book fan, how cool is it to have Galactus in the movie?
JM: A-ha! I can't go there.
Q: Ioan (Gruffold) already did.
JM: Doesn't mean I am. (Laughs)

Be sure to check back later in the week for our detailed interview with Julian McMahon

... have to wait and see what else they get him to talk about. I thought it was funny that they tried to get him to squeal about Galactus.

Something does not fit for me...why does he seem to be relatively clueless when talking about Doom and then state he is a big fan of FF4 comics.....unless he did not see how movie Doom would get all that stuff :huh:

The version of the FF Julian is referring to is the cartoons mostly. And since he was born in 1968, he probably would have seen the Hanna Barbera ones IIRC. They were not nearly as well done as the ones that came out in the 1990's.

Good, but now I wanna SEE something about Doom,and not hear anymore...

Movies On Line has a bit more of the interview, picking up where the other left off...

... have to wait and see what else they get him to talk about. I thought it was funny that they tried to get him to squeal about Galactus.

I wonder what kind of Fax all the actors got after Ioan's interview.....lmao......that would be something to read.....

Something does not fit for me...why does he seem to be relatively clueless when talking about Doom and then state he is a big fan of FF4 comics.....unless he did not see how movie Doom would get all that stuff :huh:

If you have ever seen Julian in interviews before, you probably wouldn't be concerned about anything he is saying.

He is one of the biggest wise-asses I've ever seen. He gets off on making inane comments, flirting with any female in the general vicinity, and confusing people. It's kinda funny, if you're not annoyed by it.

I can *totally* see him saying something like "I think Doom lives in a castle somewhere" because he *knows* it will drive some fan up the wall. If there are more interviews in the next few days, expect more stuff like this. That's just the way he is: a wise-ass. :cwink:

I liked the A-ha when asked about Galactus. That was funny.

But seriously, i'd like to see more about Doom in this movie. All we have to go on is word. I'd like to see things like this in TV spots more than hearing Alba say "I'm so hot for you right now."

Glad he knows what he should and shouldn't be talking about lol He didn't even go there with Galactus :D

Heh. I always love his interviews on anything really.

Real interesting tidbits. I love how when Doom wakes he just rips the mask that's been molded to his face right off.
Do you think his face will be all metal boned and such?

This bothers me because it sounds like he's too lazy to even do a little research on who Doom is! "some castle in Latveria"? "I don't know where he got 'em all"? He is a freaking scientific genius! Does Mcmahon not understand this? I just don't think he quite cares to "get" the character.

You have a habit of reading into things too much:o

Seems like we are getting a truer representation of Doom.

Whew.........

Ok I can breathe now, now was that too hard or what?

Is it time to thank Tim and Payne yet.

I hope he offs Leonard when he wakes up...

I hope he offs Leonard when he wakes up...

Yeah, I would love to see Leonard offed and faithful Boris comes and takes his place. Seeing Doom eliminate his minions is classic...except for the loyalty he has to Boris, "the one man he called friend."

I liked the A-ha when asked about Galactus. That was funny.

Yeah, the word has definitely come down from above.

But seriously, i'd like to see more about Doom in this movie. All we have to go on is word. I'd like to see things like this in TV spots more than hearing Alba say "I'm so hot for you right now."

Speak for yourself. I've heard enough about this movie. The rest of the trailers could just show Sue asking for back rubs from Reed, picking out bridesmaid dresses and doing yoga, and I would be very happy. :cwink:

Speak for yourself. I've heard enough about this movie. The rest of the trailers could just show Sue asking for back rubs from Reed, picking out bridesmaid dresses and doing yoga, and I would be very happy. :cwink:
That would be the best trailer ever.:woot: :yay:

Doesn't sound too bad. The early version of Doom sounds like it could be potentially very interesting with the mask torn off and all battle-damaged from the first movie.

And I guess it makes sense for a character as vain as Doom to revert to his human form when he gains the "power cosmic". Then I suppose the Silver Surfer and/or the F4 removes the "power cosmic" from Doom at some stage which then leaves Doom completely human so he is forced to build an armoured suit to battle the Silver Surfer and the F4?

Could be a good way of working "classic" Doom into the movies. Perhaps during the battle where he loses the "power cosmic", Doom could even be scarred again?

Final Doom certainly sounds cool.

Cheers.

When will we get more pics of Doom!

I want to see that final costume!!!

Yeah, the word has definitely come down from above.

I want to get a feel for Doom in the next movie. Decriptions won't cut it. They can say what they want, I won't fully trust this new Doom until I see him in action. The trailer need to emphasize these things rather than show dumb, corny lines.

I want to get a feel for Doom in the next movie. Decriptions won't cut it. They can say what they want, I won't fully trust this new Doom until I see him in action. The trailer need to emphasize these things rather than show dumb, corny lines.

Since that is probably 2 of around 15 tv spots that will come out.....I think we can get a nice balance of all that we want....

What I don't want.....is the entire movie in TV spots.....

So the fact that I really know nothing about Doom.....is awesome in my opinion......something to look forward to in the movie.........something I actually have NOT SEEN......

Well, it only makes sense that he uses the power to look normal again.

A. It fits his m.o.

B. He's Julian McMahon, and I'm sure all the girls (and some of the guys)will tell you, you don't hire Julian McMahon just to hide him behind a mask for a whole 2 hours.

But I have to say, I was excited to think about a cosmic-powered Doom in an extravagant new costume, like a Super-Doom (think Skeletor's transformation at the end of Masters of the Universe, except not as lame). I'm guessing that will be the point of the final costume, sort of? Assuming he still has the power by that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"