• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Just your attention for a few seconds

Xak-Ell

Civilian
Reaction score
as a film maker i'm very frustrated right now. in 2006 bryan singer gave us superman returns. a movie which gave us superman the movie but 20 yrs later. some of the main complaints i hear about this movie are
*why is superman so sad?
*there aren't any fight scenes
*why is luthor so obsessed with land?
*the actors look too young
*why does superman have a son, lois and clark never had sex
and all of these complaints are very stupid to me, not just as a fan of the superman movies but as a person thinking with common sense.
*superman just got back from the remains of his home planet only to find that its a graveyard and comes back to a world that pretty much resents him
*superman had nothing but fight scenes in the three previous movies. two of which were nothing but fight scenes
*a property obsessed luthor is what we were introduced to and given throughout the series
*according the the continuity which establishes the order of superman, superman II, then superman returns, clark and lois would only be in their early 30's and the actors were in their late 20's to early 30's.
*since superman returns takes place 5 years after superman II, it would make sense for lois and clark to have a child. the slept together in superman II...or did people choose to forget that...like they chose to forget superman killing zod in superman II?

Last edited:
In before the close.

as a film maker i'm very frustrated right now. in 2006 bryan singer gave us superman returns. a movie which gave us superman the movie but 20 yrs later. some of the main complaints i hear about this movie are
*why is superman so sad?
*there aren't any fight scenes
*why is luthor so obsessed with land?
*the actors look too young
*why does superman have a son, lois and clark never had sex
and all of these complaints are very stupid to me, not just as a fan of the superman movies but as a person thinking with common sense.
*superman just got back from the remains of his home planet only to find that its a graveyard and comes back to a world that pretty much resents him
*superman had nothing but fight scenes in the three previous movies. two of which were nothing but fight scenes
*a property obsessed luthor is what we were introduced to and given throughout the series
*according the the continuity which establishes the order of superman, superman II, then superman returns, clark and lois would only be in their early 30's and the actors were in their late 20's to early 30's.
*since superman returns takes place 5 years after superman II, it would make sense for lois and clark to have a child. the slept together in superman II...or did people choose to forget that...like they chose to forget superman killing zod in superman II?
Are you Brian Singer? XD

1-Why did Superman leave Earth, his mom and a pregnant Lois for YEARS to look for a planet that he knew that was destroyed a long time ago? Jor-El told him the planet exploded, what did he expect? Survivors? How? The planet exploded!!! XD

If some kryptonians had survived, they would have done it with spaceships, so they wouldn't need his help after so many years, and Jor-El would have told him that maybe some other Kryptonians could have survived, but Jor-El told him that the planet was dead and nobody survived, only the Phantom Zone prisoners that he killed in Superman II, travelling to Krypton's remains just to check out was pointless, absurd and stupid, specially when he was leaving all humans defenseless without his help, a lot of people that he could have saved probably died and he didn't give a frak, the same way he didn't give a frak about leaving a pregnant Lois without a single explanation after having had sex with her and having erased her memories with a magical kryptonian kiss. XD

2-The previous Superman movies were made several decades ago, and the last 2 were awful, nobody remembers or wants to remember that abortion called Superman IV, so after several decades the fans wanted a cool movie where Superman fought a baddie with the great FX of this century, they wanted a fight like the ones from the comics, not a borefest where Superman couldn't defeat a ridiculous Luthor and where his biggest task was to lift a kryptonite island.

3-The Luthor you are talking about is the one from so many decades ago that had ridiculous plans and used wigs, the fans wanted the Luthor from the post-crisis era, the genius billonaire, Lexcorp's CEO and owner, do you think that the audiences would have accepted Cesar Romero's Joker in TDK? XD

4-Kate Bosworth is a very beautiful actress, but she looks like a little girl that had just left high school, not a tough and experienced reporter, her casting was a mistake and her wig looked faker than Luthor's.

5-You know who forgot that Superman and Lois slept together? Lois with the magical kiss, and a few months later she found out that she was pregnant with a superbaby, so she probably thought that she had been raped by Superman while she was sleeping or something like that. Superman Returns gave us a boring stalker that abandoned his pregnant girl without telling her that they had sex or how he had just erased her memories about it, he just left without a single goodbye, left his girl having to raise their kid alone while wondering how the hell she got pregnant, and then he comes back, learns that the kid is his son, and yet he says absolutely nothing about it, he just leaves the kid again and his mom is still ignoring what Creepyman had done to her years ago.

Last edited:
Let's just agree that Superman Returns shouldn't have happened.

It could've been good - it just had some wacky ideas.

- Get an older Lois Lane.
- Get rid of the kid.
- More Superman action.

If they did just those things, it would've made a world of difference. I would've been okay with it. Kevin Spacey was awesome, sticking to the whole Donner theme with the Williams music was okay... It really wasn't a terrible movie; they just had three key areas that totally ruined it.

- Get rid of the kid.
- More Superman action.

If they did just those things, it would've made a world of difference. I would've been okay with it. Kevin Spacey was awesome, sticking to the whole Donner theme with the Williams music was okay... It really wasn't a terrible movie; they just had three key areas that totally ruined it.

That's it for me in a nutshell. :up:

(and I loved that they kept the Williams score)

- Get rid of the kid.
- More Superman action.

- Get a better costume.

- Get rid of the kid.
- More Superman action.

That about sums it up for me too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"