K-Sites S8 fan awards

i see why some fans dont like chloe. Personally i like her and have liked her alot more then lana over the years. But yea chloe has had her fair share of bad storylines like lana.

Season 1-3 Chloe definitely annoyed me. Season 4 and on, she's annoyed me alot less. I like her much better now.

Eh. He certainly has his moments where he pisses me the hell off. Chloe has much fewer of those moments.

I don't know. Her annoyance really reached a new level for me last season. Also the back and forth between her defending Davis and then running away with him so she can "save" Clark. That really pissed me off.

I agree i didnt like that storyline for her during season 8 but overall i liked her character.

Lana's way more annoying than Chloe. Jimmy too.... hell, even Clark is.

Disagree X 3. Especially on that third one.

I don't know. Her annoyance really reached a new level for me last season. Also the back and forth between her defending Davis and then running away with him so she can "save" Clark. That really pissed me off.

I almost started liking Chloe in the beginning of her Davis arc, at least, I didn't find her completely boring and annoying with all her self-righteous ragging at Clark. But then they took her right back into know-it-all and it's-all-about-me mode... and she lost me again.

I don't like to hate on any character, but I am more than ready for her big martyr-making self-sacrifice to save Clark and the entire world. Enough already. I don't think the character warrants the elevated of status that she's received on this show, despite her longevity or how amiable Allison always seems to be.

at this rate i see chloe's character probably be smallville's version of orcale.

Season 1-3 Chloe definitely annoyed me. Season 4 and on, she's annoyed me alot less. I like her much better now.

I actually liked Chloe the first 4 seasons, it's when they started shoehorning her into Clark's Superhero duties that she started to get on my nerves, by season 7 the amount of times she helped Clark became ridiculous. Although I didn't care for some of her storylines in Season 8, I actually thought the character was easier to handle then the past few seasons(via FF button on remote).

Labyrinth was on TV here the other night, which I watched because it was always a favourite of mine, but because of Chloe, she actually spoilt my enjoyment of it. :csad:
I'm admittedly a Chloe fan, but I can at least usually understand why people don't like her character from their perspective, even if I don't agree with them. But I don't understand how she could spoil this ep, one of my absolute favourites. Is it retroactive spoilage?

by season 7 the amount of times she helped Clark became ridiculous.
Heh, I'll agree with you there, particularly Chloe having to rescue Clark in Quest, that was definitely ridiculous.

Last edited:
I'm admittedly a Chloe fan, but I can at least usually understand why people don't like her character from their perspective, even if I don't agree with them. But I don't understand how she could spoil this ep, one of my absolute favourites. Is it retroactive spoilage?

I know it was a dream, but its still her character and that's what I'm reacting to, but it was the whole "I knew you would believe her over me" situation that took her right back to Season 2 status, which I absolutely loathed about her then.

She was portrayed as being the only one that knew everything and was right about everything and was always there to flaunt it.... cant handle that in a person in real life either.

Allison's terrible acting choices for her death scene. :wow:

And that last scene in the real world, where Clark says that she was the only one that believed in him and how much she means to him. Eeek..... I hated that line and I hated Chloe's reaction.... yeah, I'm just that special.

Does that sum it up for you?

Last edited:
i agree too season 5 and on they did have her be clark's scrapecoat to much, it was nice in season 8 he started doing things more on his own. And we know for most of the start of the season he will be at odds with chloe.

Does that sum it up for you?
I guess. :funny: But we really do seem to have watched different shows.

I know it was a dream, but its still her character
Not really, all the regular characters in the dream were warped versions of themselves: Lana, sickeningly sweet; Martha, pill popping and timid; Lex, insane with rage; Chloe, just plain insane. :p

it was the whole "I knew you would believe her over me" situation that took her right back to Season 2 status, which I absolutely loathed about her then.
Not much chance for emotional growth and maturity for a delusional mind in an insane asylum.

She was portrayed as being the only one that knew everything and was right about everything and was always there to flaunt it....
She wasn't though, she was a complete wacko who was leading Clark even more astray by telling him what he wanted to hear, that Lex had taken away his powers, reinforcing his belief that he was still in the real world.

cant handle that in a person in real life either.
Heh, guess that's the big point we differ on as I love know-it-alls. :D

And that last scene in the real world, where Clark says that she was the only one that believed in him and how much she means to him. Eeek..... I hated that line and I hated Chloe's reaction.... yeah, I'm just that special.
What, Clark isn't allowed to compliment his best friend? And Chloe isn't allowed to feel flattered and embarrassed by it (which is the reaction I saw)?

I guess. :funny: But we really do seem to have watched different shows.

Not really. We just watch it differently. You have a love for a character that I happen to loathe.

Not really, all the regular characters in the dream were warped versions of themselves: Lana, sickeningly sweet; Martha, pill popping and timid; Lex, insane with rage; Chloe, just plain insane. :p

They were indeed and as I said, that is what I was reacting to. I didn't like the way she was portrayed, it annoyed me. It was a slight exaggeration of what her character is in reality though.

Not much chance for emotional growth and maturity for a delusional mind in an insane asylum.

I wouldn't expect any from the supporting characters, but the way she was behaving reminded me of Chloe Season 2 and I didn't like her at all back then.

Heh, guess that's the big point we differ on as I love know-it-alls. :D

Okaaaay. Whatever floats your boat. :whatever: :cwink:

What, Clark isn't allowed to compliment his best friend? And Chloe isn't allowed to feel flattered and embarrassed by it (which is the reaction I saw)?

Clark is allowed to compliment his friend, but just think of all the times that Clark has had a complimenting moment regarding Lana and how non-Lana fans react to that. That's how I felt and seeing Chloe's "I'm So Special Look", drove the point home even more.

For the record, I did like Chloe in Seasons 3 & 4 but not before and never again since.

:woot:

Heh, I'll agree with you there, particularly Chloe having to rescue Clark in Quest, that was definitely ridiculous.

It's not just physically saving him that got annoying(although it happened way to often). It was Clark constantly having to run to her to do alot of his heavy thinking, or even worse when Chloe would start lecturing Clark like he was a 14 year old and she was his parents(par for the show, whenever a character left they just threw there characteristics on Chloe, while it was no biggy for a character like Pete, throwing Jonathon and Martha qualities on her made Clark look like an immature fool).

My guess is the producers know there is a big shipper fanbase that want to see there girl linked to Clark somehow, so they shoehorned Chloe into alot of Clark Superhero related work to throw them a few bones without any reguard to how making him too dependant on her character really didn't do his character any wonders. It seemed like at times Clark couldn't go to the bathroom without her taking his hand and leading him there then flushing the toilet for him.

Well season 8 we started to see clark work alot more on his own, and this season too we will see him more alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"