Keith_v's Fan Art

keith_v

Sidekick
Reaction score
This is the picture I did for the May contest here. Oil on canvas.

eddiebrockpainting2dp9.jpg

This is a colored pencil pic of Batman I did a while ago.

batmancpencilsmalldt7.jpg

Very cool stuff Keith :up:

That Venom one kicks ass.He looks really pissed :up:

Are you going do one of Carnage?

That Venom one kicks ass.He looks really pissed :up:

Are you going do one of Carnage?

Funny that you should ask, because I had this little diddy that I did a while ago on hand. I think this was about two years ago with colored pencil. (I have a new water color one of Carnage that I'll post in the coming days.)

carnagecpencilsmallhn6.jpg

I might have to get back into color because of you lol great stuff!

Thanks for the compliments. Remember, if anyone wants to see a particular character in a particular style, just drop a post.

In the meantime, here's some sketches I did of Batman. I used one of the Batman Begins books as a reference. I think it was the visual guide.

batmansketchsmallta3.jpg

This is a black Spider-Man I did with water colors. The legs are a bit too short and he is a little too ripped. But, after not looking at the picture for a few months, I think it still holds up.

blackspidermansmallwf4.jpg

This is a sketch I did of a realistic Iron Man. I will admit, I like the design chosen for the film much mre.

ironmansketchsmallyt1.jpg

Great stuff keith,love the new IRON MAN pic, are you planning coloring it?
I´de love to see a HULK made by you.

Great stuff keith,love the new IRON MAN pic, are you planning coloring it?
I´de love to see a HULK made by you.

I'm not sure if I'm going to be doing any more work with the Iron Man pic. Maybe if I get really bored. I think I'd be too tempted to copy the look of the film's costume.

But it's very funny that you should mention the Hulk, because I had been thinking about how he could be redesigned for the new film. In the last film, he was sort of a literal translation of the comic, so I was thinking about altering his look to suit a man whose body has been stretched, packed densely with muscle, and the skin filled witha green pigment.

Since there isn't really a definitive look for the Hulk (besides the green skin and massive, muscular build), he's a character you can have a lot of fun with.

Love the Batman sketches.

You're right about the black Spidey, he's a little too stout.

Awesome work, all around though.

I'd like to see you do Hellboy or Doc Ock.

Funny that you should ask, because I had this little diddy that I did a while ago on hand. I think this was about two years ago with colored pencil. (I have a new water color one of Carnage that I'll post in the coming days.)

carnagecpencilsmallhn6.jpg
never really liked the character if i'm honest, but... this pic is pretty damn cool! lovin the eddie brock head too, and not fancying my chances this month in the contest!

This is a colored pencil pic of Batman I did a while ago.

batmancpencilsmallgt8.jpg

freaking sick! the abs and the the folds in the cloth are freakin perfect! love this and the venom pic is badas$!

freaking sick! the abs and the the folds in the cloth are freakin perfect! love this and the venom pic is badas$!

Thanks. Since colored pencil is so waxy, it always tends to scan very well into a computer. That's why all the little details and shadings show up so good in that pic.

Of all the pictures I've scanned, I always feel that that one looks the closest to how it does in real life. It's not my best pic, just probably the my best looking on a computer screen.

p.s. I did a rough sketch of the Hulk and the Abomination that I'll be posting pretty soon.

This is a rough sketch I did for the Hulk. I sharpened some of the facial features to match Ed Norton's. With the skin and overall look, I based it on Mr. Hyde and Frankenstein. I felt that it would interesting to see muscle and veins almost pushing through the skin, and other patches of skin taking on an almost rough, scaley texture.

hulksketchcp1.jpg

And this was a rough sketch I did of the abomination. I really ran with the scaley look. I felt he should look wicked and evil, instead of dopey and goofy. I also toned down the massive chin that many artists give him. Although I based the last design on Ed Norton, I never checked Tim Roth's face for this one. If I do another, it'll be a little cleaner and I'll definitely pay attention to Roth's facial features.

abominationsketchoh2.jpg

just water colors or did you also use watercolor pencils?

pretty amazing stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"