Kevin Feige Heads To A Galaxy Far Far Away: Will Produce new Star Wars movie for Disney

my_gosh_robert_downey_jr.gif

Did anyone here read this headline and think for a second, "Oh no! He's leaving Marvel!"

I’m growing convinced that Kevin Feige is secretly a robot: he’s got so many commitments on his hands already, yet he keeps adding more and more without a care in the world. He must be the world’s greatest multitasker: it’s insane.

Big news, but should be good as long as there's no quality dip with Marvel Studios' stuff.

I'm pretty lukewarm on this news. As long as Feige doesn't leave Marvel for a Galaxy Far, Far, Away then I'm fine with whatever side projects he has in mind.

He lost Spider-Man this year, but now he got Star Wars. Sometimes with loss comes a new gain.

I have a feeling this means Feige is taking a less active role in Marvel Studios. Which he has earned of that is what he wants. I don't see this being a one off.

This is huge, I finally have hope in the Star Wars franchise again.

Hmm. Interesting. Don't care for Star Wars myself but it must be a dream of his and he's more than earned the right to helm a few passion projects to add to his accomplishments so good for him. As long as the guy remains Marvel Studios visionary another 10 years, it's all good.
Speaking of which, would be funny as hell if he tried recruiting Lord and Miller for it.

Speaking of which, would be funny as hell if he tried recruiting Lord and Miller for it.

It's been rumored for a while now Brie Larson is heading over to the Star Wars franchise.

Kevin Feige is a master PR person. It is very possible this is a slow segue away from so many franchises. Things keep getting added but what actually is wrapped up I think will become the question.

I don't understand why Faloni can't do this. Do we really need a sitcom styled Star Wars movie?

I don't understand why Faloni can't do this. Do we really need a sitcom styled Star Wars movie?
Filoni isn't an experienced film producer like Feige is. It would be interesting if Feige tapped Feige to direct but I lean towards thinking Filoni won't. I think think the Russos seems more likely at the moment but I'd imagine they'd like to take a bit of a breather from doing big blockbuster movies for a while; especially since they're coming off from directing the biggest movie of all time. Though I do think Filoni is being set up to direct a live-action feature at some point in the future seeing as they got him directing an episode(or episodes?) of the Mandalorian.

If Filoni ever does do a live-action Star Wars film I'm willing bet dollars to donuts he'll introduce Ashoka in live-action for the first time ever in it.

Feige producing Star Wars is neither here nor there to me. Currently the most important person on the Star Wars franchise is the one writing the script. If that fails nothing is saving the new Star Wars movies.

Filoni isn't an experienced film producer like Feige is. It would be interesting if Feige tapped Feige to direct but I lean towards thinking Filoni won't. I think think the Russos seems more likely at the moment but I'd imagine they'd like to take a bit of a breather from doing big blockbuster movies for a while; especially since they're coming off from directing the biggest movie of all time. Though I do think Filoni is being set up to direct a live-action feature at some point in the future seeing as they got him directing an episode(or episodes?) of the Mandalorian.

If Filoni ever does do a live-action Star Wars film I'm willing bet dollars to donuts he'll introduce Ashoka in live-action for the first time ever in it.
I dunno, we'll never know until he actually, ya know produce them. Just saying.

Feige producing Star Wars is neither here nor there to me. Currently the most important person on the Star Wars franchise is the one writing the script. If that fails nothing is saving the new Star Wars movies.
Same tbh...

Keep him under the MCU. And don't they have already many people working on Star Wars?

It better be that Kit Fisto solo I’ve always wanted

It will be interesting to see who he gets for this film, both to write and direct, I can't see too many turning him down if he asks them to help him make the film.

I have a feeling this means Feige is taking a less active role in Marvel Studios. Which he has earned of that is what he wants. I don't see this being a one off.

I remember one rumor that Feige asked to be involved with the Star Wars franchise after the Disney purchase and was rebuffed by Iger and/or Kennedy. It was a good idea not to turn him down a second time.

I speculated a while ago that Feige would eventually be put in charge of Lucasfilm, and perhaps all of Disney live-action, with Kennedy either retiring or getting bumped upstairs. This looks like the first step in that direction. Here's hoping his successor at running the MCU day-to-day can come close to his level of success.

I'm actually a little concerned about this for the MCU. Maybe not so much for the established characters, but for the X-men and FF4.

However I'm hoping this means a few things:

1) Kevin has amassed a creative team that understands the source material and how to use it.
2) He is leaving a competent day to day successor in place with some fanboy-ish leanings at Marvel Studios
3) There is a long term plan in place at Marvel Studios
4) He still gets to read and comment on things to ensure a level of quality.

As for Star Wars I can't fault the guy. For a lot of us that would be a dream job and they need help. I'm guessing his initial input will be added to help right the ship, and provide the long term planning , fan understanding, and continuity aspects which seem to have been missing from the current trilogy. If I was a Star Wars fan, I would see this as a good thing, and hope Kevin does a Knights of the Old Republic / Ancient Jedi thing as his first film.

I remember one rumor that Feige asked to be involved with the Star Wars franchise after the Disney purchase and was rebuffed by Iger and/or Kennedy. It was a good idea not to turn him down a second time.

I speculated a while ago that Feige would eventually be put in charge of Lucasfilm, and perhaps all of Disney live-action, with Kennedy either retiring or getting bumped upstairs. This looks like the first step in that direction. Here's hoping his successor at running the MCU day-to-day can come close to his level of success.

Hollywood. One of the few occupations where you fail upwards.

Feige's crazy
Star Wars fans are impossible, I'd stick with us much more friendly MCU fans
lol

Wonder how long this was planned and if it had any impact on the Sony negotiations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"