• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Kevin Munroe's TMNT

DarkJester

I taste like gravy!
Reaction score
All the turtle love on this board and yet, this film seems all but forgotten. Am I the only one who really enjoyed it? Sure, the overall plot is cliched (when the stars align, monsters, blahblahblah), but seriously, Turtles 3 seems to get more love. TMNT has some really good substance in there and should've gotten the sequel it left itself open for instead of this Michael Bay garbage.

*sigh* I feel like a lonely turtle fan, longing for a sequel that will never be, drifting along in a sea of people who don't give a ****.

Seriously though, Leo and Raph's fight in the rain? Probably the best turtle moment in any of the films. Come at me, bro.

Yeah if they switched the plot with Utroms or something that would have been sick, The overall design of the turtles in the CGI movie reminded me of the comic book turtles.

Man I hated this movie. I only saw it because I'ma Ninja turtles junkie, and it was the only way to get my movie turtle fix at the time.

I like this movie better than I liked the live action movies. I have the Blu ray of this movie where as I have none on the live action movies on DVD or Blu ray. The highlight of the movie (Kevin Munroe) is the set up and pay off of the Leo and Raph fight which for me had more tension and weight than all the live movies put together. I LOVED this movie.

All the turtle love on this board and yet, this film seems all but forgotten. Am I the only one who really enjoyed it? Sure, the overall plot is cliched (when the stars align, monsters, blahblahblah), but seriously, Turtles 3 seems to get more love. TMNT has some really good substance in there and should've gotten the sequel it left itself open for instead of this Michael Bay garbage.

*sigh* I feel like a lonely turtle fan, longing for a sequel that will never be, drifting along in a sea of people who don't give a ****.

Seriously though, Leo and Raph's fight in the rain? Probably the best turtle moment in any of the films. Come at me, bro.
The fight between Leo and Raph was so bad ass. I gasped when Raph broke Leo's katanna.

TMNT doesn't get nearly enough respect. It was a great movie when you consider it was really a loose continuation of the live action films, which meant Shredder was out as a villain (and yet Kurai and hinting at Shredder's return was a beautiful set up for a sequel). And yes, it's a loose continuation of the trilogy. You see shredder's helmet, the TCRI canister, and the time scepter on the trophy shelf.

As long as it had been, though, I think perhaps people were actually looking for a reboot, get back to the roots and hopefully be a little gritty. Personally, I like TMNT as my second favorite of the four films in the series after the original, better than Secret of the Ooze.

If TMNT had been a multi-part episode of a cartoon series, it would have been accepted with open arms by most fans, I'd wager. But it seems like it felt more like a turtles adventure and not quite the scope of what some wanted from a feature film in theaters.

Personally, I'm disappointed it didn't get a sequel, and still really anxious about the upcoming reboot.

i really liked it, especially the fight between raph and leo

"Don't do this raph"
"I'm done takin orders"

I really liked TMNT. I think it's easily the second best movie after the original.

And you still think TMNT 07 is the second best ? Honestly,the only thing I hear people talk about is the fight between Leo and Raph. The storyline kinda sucked ( the turtles playing ghostbusters/pokemon catchers throuh out new york ?) And I'm not too keen on CGI Toonz, but the Nick turtle designs are better than Monroe's ( their limbs looked too long and skinny, they looked more like lizards with shells and no tails than turtles.)

It did a good job characterizing the Turtles. It would probably get more respect if it didn't have the silly "Gotta catch 'em all" monsters plot. It should have been the Turtles vs. Shredder. It comes across as an extended episode of a tv series. The style of CGI is pretty good though.

I loved it as well. Second best Turtles film. The animation is vibrant and lively. The action is fun, the characterizations are well done and I liked the overall plot enough. It needed more Donnie though...he's my favorite.

And I don't get people hating on the film for not having Shredder. Come on people, do we really need ANOTHER Shredder story? He's the primary villain in all three cartoon series as well as the first two theatrical films. I'm happy as hell TMNT moved away from him and was able to tell a Turtles story without the burden of rehashing Shredder AGAIN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"