Kevin Smith Has Seen Watchmen: Its...Astounding

Damn, Smith seen the movie, like, 7 months before it's release? That's pretty insane. And the fact that he loved it to death in the stages of its post production makes me happy. Imagine what the finished film would be like.

Then again, I really don't like Kevin Smith. But it's still good news.

Oh I'm glad he enjoyed it, obviously. But was Revenge of the Sith really "****ing amazing"? I'm just saying he has a tendency towards exaggeration and hyperbole.

If FOX stops this movie from being seen in theaters it can always be leaked via torrents for the fans to see

Not from where I'm standing. In fact, I think it's probably the worst of the prequels.
You're definitely the first person I've heard say that.

I thought they were all terrible, to be honest, but at least III was tolerable to me.

I thought they were all terrible, to be honest, but at least III was tolerable to me.

Episode III coulda been the least worst of the prequels, but then...:

darth_vader_nooo.jpg

Episode III was saved by the abundance of lightsaber dismemberment scenes, and the unintentional hilarity of Darth Vader's reaction to discovering that Padme was dead.

Not from where I'm standing. In fact, I think it's probably the worst of the prequels.

What? Care to explain that? If you hate them all, that's fine, plenty of people do, but how anyone could possibly argue that Episodes 1 and 2 are better than 3 is beyond me. Says a lot about your taste...

Although I didn't like Sin City so much, I am happy Smith loved the movie :up:

thatll be funny if fox didnt release the movie, and kevin smith was the only one to see it, everyone would kill him.

Between the kid Anakin shouting "Weee!!!" and Jar Jar Binks, Episode I was and is still the worst prequel. Darth Maul was awesome, but even he couldn't save the movie.

Episode I had the best lightsaber battle, though. And I believe it was shot on film, so it had that "look" that at least resembled the series, if only just a little bit. But yeah, Ep I was pretty painful.

From the look of the trailers, I think this movie is going to be huge. At least on par with Ironman.

Gotta say, I like this video better :cwink::

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgYhLIThTvk[/YT]
haha, yeah i love that one too. i posted the first one though, because he talks about he would have directed a superhero movie like the green hornet. "Hey, is that a crime happening over there?" *points off screen* :D

Episode I had the best lightsaber battle, though. And I believe it was shot on film, so it had that "look" that at least resembled the series, if only just a little bit. But yeah, Ep I was pretty painful.

While Episode I has real sets, it's still pretty unwatchable til this very day.

As bad as they are at times. I still watch the Prequels.
To me it's just part of SW Canon.

Now Clone Wars...
Hmmm.
**** that.

I hate to rain on everyone's parade, as I love Kevin Smith and hope the best for Watchmen, but...

That was Kevin a few years ago

3 was easily the best of the series. It had action and that's what Star Wars films are about. Yes, I've seen the originals countless times as a kid and they have poor stories, but decent action. He did say he thought Jar Jar was funny in an interview I remember seeing though.

On the Kevin & Bean morning radio show on KROQ in Los Angeles yesterday, 8/22/08, Smith said:

"I saw the Watchmen a couple weeks ago...the movie is insanely wonderful...He/they did it. They filmed the unfilmable book... But that is great. It's phenomenal... It's so close to the book... It's all there. They did a great job... A lot of people thought they couldn't do this book justice... Thumbs up way early on the Watchmen. It's gonna be huge."

But then he goes on to call the new Star Trek "phenomenal" and "fantastic". He says the director did a phenomenal job and the cast is "top notch" and the guy who plays Kirk is an "instant star".

So i guess Smith really does geek out and overly praise everything, so it's hard to know how much weight to give his high praise on Watchmen. But it makes me happy to hear it, nontheless.

podcast of the interview (about three-quarters way in):

http://kroqfs.com/kbpodcasts/KBpodcast_82208.mp3

Or maybe Star Trek is really good as well.

Maybe so. I'm just guarded due to his over-the-top raves for the Star Wars prequels, as mentioned above. It really puts an asterisk next to his reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"