Kiersey Clemons IS Iris West

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
The girfriend of Barry Allen official thread.... even if Ezra is not Barry Allen, Iris West is ideal for the background of the rest of the Flashes (Bart and Wally).

I think Shailene Woodley is a good option.

1394189256283.cached.jpg

Last edited:
You want Wally to date his Aunt or for the actress that's playing her to be only a few years older than Miller? I'm not sure of your meaning. Plus as you said, we don't even know which Flash we will be getting on the big screen. It seems premature.

No.... in the case Wally or Bart are Ezra's Flash.. Iris West is their relative and an important part of their background (Wally's aunt and Bart's grandma?. on Barry she's her girlfriend.

No.... in the case Wally or Bart are Ezra's Flash.. Iris West is their relative and an important part of their background (Wally's aunt and Bart's grandma?. on Barry she's her girlfriend.

Who is this actress you have a picture of? If it's Wally as Flash she's pretty young to play his Aunt.

i always liked Alison Lohman for Iris, she's a bit old for Miller tho. So Woodley it is!

Jane Levy...some of you know this would come ;)

10729177_795472313828740_713496355_n.jpg

I think she'd be a good match with Ezra.

As long as whomever (if she even appears ) is cast isn't written in the same superficial way as Iris is on the show. That characterization is a bit of a weak link on the show.

Shailene would be great for Iris for Ezra is Barry. If he's Wally or Bart, then Shailene would be way too young.

But she's put forward wonderful performances in the handful of movies I've seen her in. She does a very likable girl-next-door portrayal. Her character in The Spectacular Now, for example, is a good starting point as she stood in the second half of the film.

I'm pretty sure Ezra is Barry, since Barry's the current Flash in the comics, and DC is obsessed with the iconic most well known version of their characters. It's the same reason I think Hal's going to be the main human GL in the DCCU. So Shailene would be great for Iris.

This is going to sound very wrong, but I think Jane Levy is too pretty for Iris. I've always envisioned Iris as being a girl-next-door type who's the kind of girl who normally wouldn't stand out in a crowd, but once you're into her, you discover she was beautiful all along.

As sappy as that sounds, that's how her and Barry's relationship was pretty much portrayed. She's not like Lois Lane with men fawning over her. That's part of what I like about her character so much.

Jane is too model-like. Emma Watson doesn't seem right to me either. Her chemistry with Ezra in Perks was fun, but it was too brother-sistery for me to wrap my head around them in a romantic relationship. Funnily enough, Aaron and Elizabeth are going to go through the opposite transition in Avengers AOU after Godzilla.

Emily Osment isn't a bad choice. Still prefer Shailene, but Emily could use another big movie to get her out in the public eye again. She's a decent actress.

Shailene and Ezra are already friends so they would have chemistry
tumblr_nefgl4DUx51slklobo1_500.png
tumblr_nefgl4DUx51slklobo2_500.png

I like how they look together on the first pic.

Anyone wonder if like the tv show and with Wally in the comics now black they may go with a black Iris West instead?

Would anyone mind if Barry and Iris were already married or engaged in the film, it would certainly be a change from the typical girlfriend in most CBM's.

Iris is still white in the New 52 comics. It's a toss up as far as how they'll cast her for the film.

Thanks for the info. I hadn't actually kept up with the comics, I had only heard about the Wally change up.

Would anyone mind if Barry and Iris were already married or engaged in the film, it would certainly be a change from the typical girlfriend in most CBM's.

Six and half a dozen to me. It's pretty hard to avoid some sort of romance/relationship dynamic with the hero and the leading female. It's both expected and the standard, but I feel there have been quite a few attempts on twists or nuance to the dynamic that it almost doesn't matter what approach they take. As long as whatever route they choose is a good one then that's what matters in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"