Know what would be nice? a MARVEL movie.

KangConquers

Purple Kang, Purple Kang
Reaction score
I just saw FF2; and I found myself trying to make excuses for how bad it was; I did the same thing for Ghost Rider etc.

I want fantasy; I want marvel. Make mine Marvel.

I'm so tired of these weak compromises in Marvel movies. I'm tired of Blackheart not growing into a giant beast, or Galactus not being a cosmic powered giant.

This is fantasy entertainment; science fiction. This isn't historical; this isn't about realism. It's about big loud, fun. It's about explosions, goofy costumes, and action.

Is anyone else sick of seeing the comics they've loved their whole lives turned into really cheap compromises?

For all we know, Asgard will be a fortune 500 company, and Thor will be the name of one of the two vice presidents. The other will be Loki, who is trying to steal the company from their father.

I realize people like Tim Story have no talent, and no creativity so here's a formula for a great comic movie:

Storyline-Fight-Storyline-Fight-Storyline-Big Fight-Finish story.

Stick to the source material in terms of storyline, and visuals, and you have a winner.

I'm sorry if this sounds angry, but I'm very tired of being dissapointed by these movies. I love Marvel, and I want Marvel movies. Not compromises.

Does anyone else feel the same?

I wish there were more people like Brad Bird working on these movies he doesn't just rush the movie to be done he plans out what he's doing. I would say there should be some realism to the movie and it should be taken seriously.

I wish there were more people like Brad Bird working on these movies he doesn't just rush the movie to be done he plans out what he's doing. I would say there should be some realism to the movie and it should be taken seriously.

Good thing he made the actual Fantastic Four movie, The Incredibles.

I just saw FF2; and I found myself trying to make excuses for how bad it was; I did the same thing for Ghost Rider etc.

I want fantasy; I want marvel. Make mine Marvel.

I'm so tired of these weak compromises in Marvel movies. I'm tired of Blackheart not growing into a giant beast, or Galactus not being a cosmic powered giant.

This is fantasy entertainment; science fiction. This isn't historical; this isn't about realism. It's about big loud, fun. It's about explosions, goofy costumes, and action.

Is anyone else sick of seeing the comics they've loved their whole lives turned into really cheap compromises?

For all we know, Asgard will be a fortune 500 company, and Thor will be the name of one of the two vice presidents. The other will be Loki, who is trying to steal the company from their father.

I realize people like Tim Story have no talent, and no creativity so here's a formula for a great comic movie:

Storyline-Fight-Storyline-Fight-Storyline-Big Fight-Finish story.

Stick to the source material in terms of storyline, and visuals, and you have a winner.

I'm sorry if this sounds angry, but I'm very tired of being dissapointed by these movies. I love Marvel, and I want Marvel movies. Not compromises.

Does anyone else feel the same?

The point of good fiction is that, for the time that you are reading or veiwing the peice of fiction, that you believe it's real. If it's completely ridiculous with absolutely no grounding in reality, that's lost. The problem isn't that they try and make the movies too realistic, or that the directors make too many comrpomises. The problem is when bad directors make bad movies. It's that simple.

The point of good fiction is that, for the time that you are reading or veiwing the peice of fiction, that you believe it's real. If it's completely ridiculous with absolutely no grounding in reality, that's lost. The problem isn't that they try and make the movies too realistic, or that the directors make too many comrpomises. The problem is when bad directors make bad movies. It's that simple.

Why is a giant cloud following a surfboard more believable than a giant man with technology that sucks the life out of the Earth?

And in the case of Ghost Rider, we're already talking about a guy who sold his soul to the devil, and instead of anyone who's actually scary, we get a bunch of goth industrial wannabees who shop at hot topic, not demons.

Both Galactus and Blackheart needed their respective comic forms to give the movies climax; neither showed their respective money shot, thus both movies lacked a good climax.

Why is a giant cloud following a surfboard more believable than a giant man with technology that sucks the life out of the Earth?

I wasn't refering to that, actually. And while I do thinka redesign of Galactus can be argued as being needed, I do think that was a bad move. But that was encompassed in my talking about "bad movies."

And in the case of Ghost Rider, we're already talking about a guy who sold his soul to the devil, and instead of anyone who's actually scary, we get a bunch of goth industrial wannabees who shop at hot topic, not demons.

Well, they were demons. Outward appearance has nothing to do with a demon's demonic nature. But yes, I know what you're talking about.

Both Galactus and Blackheart needed their respective comic forms to give the movies climax; neither showed their respective money shot, thus both movies lacked a good climax.

Listen, my point is that it isn't changes or atempts to make the stories more realistic that makes the movies bad. It's when those atempts, along with other parts of the film, are done badly. Galactus was an example of trying to redesign the character being done badly. As was Blackheart. But doing things exactly the way they are in the comics is a bad idea, because, unfortunately, alot of costumes and concepts in alot of comics are kind of stupid, and are only accepted because they've been around for ages and no one cares anymore. But on film, they're more noticeble.

Black heart looked gay in the comic, the movies were a vast improvemnt, specaily how he looked at the end

i wish the movies could be a little more like the comics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"