• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Lationo Review reviews Wolverine script

Celestial

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://latinoreview.com/scriptreview.php?id=26
It has lots of spoilers.
David Benioff is a very good writer and he did his homework and earned his paycheck. He found a way to balance and make the comic and movie counterparts tie in together in an organic way. I’m sure the lot of you won’t be disappointed. As long as the script is there and it’s on the page (which it is), the studio has a blueprint to make a successful film, whether 2007 or 2008. So don’t worry it won’t be rushed. So all you anti-Tom Rothman fans get off his nut sack, he did a good thing by getting himself a top-notch writer who delivered.

Looks as though they're not showing the rest of Weapon X, only Logan. :S

Well, its a certainty that Fox will **** this up somehow, so there is no point looking forward to it.

Contrary to popular belief, FOX don't screw up every film they get their hands on. I've enjoyed many a FOX film.

3 Things

They need Brian Cox back as Styrker
Cast a convincing actor as Victor Creed
And would it hurt for a mention of a private Wade Wilson.

Is there any chance people could leave their discontent with X3 in the X3 forum? Judge this project on its own merits?

Celestial said:
Is there any chance people could leave their discontent with X3 in the X3 forum? Judge this project on its own merits?

Why when its the exact same studio developing it. I doubt they will have learned from their mistakes.

That opening has me a bit...befuddled. High schoolers? Father robbed a local truck stop? It has me befuddled because the age thing seems all off.

Well, I was hoping for his youth to be more like Origin... Hmmm, budget issues? Well, it´s good to know it borrows heavily from Weapon X, THANK GOD it´s being scheduled for 2008 instead of 2007 and even it it´s shorter than two hours, since we got a lot of Wolvie in the X-Men movies and it´s only one major character, the screening time probably won´t affect it as much as it did X3.

It sounds violent. Which is a good thing.

When's a lumberjack he better wear one of those red checkered shirts.

I'm pleasantly surprised by this review. The only thing i really dislike are the bone claws thing. Couldn't they leave that out?And where is Omega Red?

Beak is a fairly new character i'm surprised they're adding him to the Wolvie movie.

If you take an educated guess we can assume that Creed will be working for Stryker as a means of drawing Logan in so he can be used as a weapon to hunt down mutants.

Red X said:
When's a lumberjack he better wear one of those red checkered shirts.

Too many Monty Python references, too little time... :p

OK, I skimmed that really fast...I'm trying to avoid spoilers this time around, but curiousity got the best of me. Sounds interesting.

And people need to let go of the Fox hate like X3 is the only movie they've ever done.

Do we know that the script that was reviewed is authentic? Didn't we run into this same problem with X3?

Retroman said:
Beak is a fairly new character i'm surprised they're adding him to the Wolvie movie.
He's only a cameo though isn't he? He gets killed off early on.

squeekness said:
Do we know that the script that was reviewed is authentic? Didn't we run into this same problem with X3?
The first X3 script review was by AICN wasn't it? And that turned out to be very much authentic, despite claims that the movie had completely changed.

Latino Review has got hold of clips in the past. I see no reason why they couldn't get a script.

A few plot points I didn't like.

First, Wolverine being bullied as a child. Blah. Why do superheroes always have to be bullied as a child. Spiderman was bullied at school in the films. Daredevil was bullied. It's a stale plot point, and I don't appreciate it being present.

I don't much care for the death of a loved one at the hands of an arch nemesis either. Again, it's a little stale. We've seen it a thousand times before in varying films.

Niggling, generic plot points aside, I think the script had a good feel to it. I really hope they ditch the aspects mentioned however. I don't expect the movie to break new ground, but it could at least try to be something a little fresh.

I love the sequence in Origin where he popped the claws in the bedroom for the first time, so I'm a bit bummed that they're going in a different route here.

However, and again, I skimmed the review really fast...it does sound pretty good. Looks like they're taking off from "If you only knew about your past, the work we did together..." scene in X2.

And I hope they get Brian Cox back as Styker...he sounds like he's going be deliciously evil in this. :up:

I'm glad the script got a good review...But the bone claws and absence of Omega Red leave me bummed. God I hope Brian Cox comes back though.

Why does everyone dislike the bone claws so much? I'm not up on my comics.

It SUCKS! High schoolers? What the hell happened to the Origin story? Beak can **** off and so can Blob. I'm pissed!

after seeing superman returns - i can't be mad at fox anymore

hoping this kicks some serious ass

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"