Eternals Lauren Ridloff is Makkari

Many thought that Makkari would be played by Nanjiani so to see them change Makkari into a woman is a bit of a surprise.

I don't know about this one. I don't mind the gender bend if only they found someone with a physique/body built like Makkari in the comics like Gwendoline Christie. I hope her costume would have the same color scheme from the comics, red/white.

I didn't realize until now that she's in the Walking Dead right now as I've been watching it from the background for several seasons now.:funny:

That OverWhelming Sadness which rushes into the core of your entire being when you realize that their will probably never be A Makkari Solo Film in the MCU.

She was incredible in the film. Best showcase of Superspeed imo. The scene she starts beating the crap out of Ikaris was well done. I wanna see more of her

I've never read an Eternals Comic, is Makkari a mute in the comics or did they just do that because of the casting? I mean I thought it worked, just curious.

I think neither. I think they rewrote the character to increase diversity and then hired a deaf actress to play the character. He's not deaf in the comics.

Makkari used to be a man, the recent Eternals comics has a female version. This is from Eternals Celestia

makkari.PNG

She was barely in the movie, but she stole it with her fight scene with Ikaris, best speedster on screen. I hope she gets more focus in the sequel.

Definitely would run rings around MCU Quicksilver and I think Zhao was able to make her speed truly swift and the camera work that went with the VFX it was good.

We need more speedsters in marvel, there is still the elder of the universe called the runner if they want a more cosmic speedster. They could also bring in more speedsters with the mutants.

I kind of wish we got more Makkari. A godlike speedster with both a love of knowledge and a casual disregard for property rights could be fun. *cough*

I kind of wish we got more Makkari. A godlike speedster with both a love of knowledge and a casual disregard for property rights could be fun. *cough*

I am wondering if the response to this film makes Feige and Co. rethink what is going to happen with Hercules and the Olympians?

We have Crowe as Zeus in Love And Thunder and... Right now my gut says he is one and done for that film. Hell all the Olympians might bite it to build up Gorr.

I hope that's not the case. Herc, Athena, Ares and and tag along smartass Amedeus Cho would be welcome in the MCU and would, if adapted in the way they were in the Incredible Herc run would fit right in to the MCU.

6ajc12dx5d081.jpg

Ugh I loved her so much. I need an entire Disney Plus series devoted to her and Druig. Like now:mrk:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"